Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teammate Says LaMarr Woodley Was Out Of Shape & Awful
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Man up and Say It to His Face! Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
I cannot stand "anonymous players" who go to the media and talk under anonymity.

how do you know it wasn't Ron Cook going to the player and promising anonymity? Normally I'm with you, but this is the type of thing that would cause more harm than good if a name was released. Instead of "Woodley needs to get in shape", which is true, it becomes "Woodley and <player> are feuding", which is useless

Steeler Hitman wrote:
You have a problem with Wood's conditioning; man up and say it to his face, not the media.

how do you know he didn't?

Steeler Hitman wrote:
When you don't perform and are 10 - 20 lbs heavier, you will be criticized in the public by the fans and media.

especially when it comes hot on the heels of signing a huge $60 million contract. as for who said it, I think the idea that Ziggy said it is nonsense. This guy has done nothing but praise everybody in the organization from the Rooneys to the ballboy anytime he's asked.

I'd say it was either Harrison or Ryan Clark, 2 guys who are about as outspoken as it gets on this team. Ask them a question, they usually answer, and not always in a "politically correct" manner.

Something many of us seem to be forgetting...this is NOT the first time Woodley has been publically called out for being heavy and out of shape. Who publically called Woodley out the first time? It was his Position coach, Keith Butler:

Keith Butler wrote:
He just wasnít in shape,Ē Butler said. ďHeíll tell you that. If he donít tell you that, Iíll tell you that, I donít care. He has to get his big butt in shape, I tell him that all of the time: Donít come to camp weighing 290
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whole heartedly think it was Ike Taylor. I first thought of Harrison, but he wouldnt have cared about making it public that he said it. Then I thought maybe Ben...but then why? No logic to that. Ziggy? What would he gain? He had just as bad of a season imo. Perhaps Mike Wallace? Again, doeant make sense. Ike makes sense.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping that this wakes Woodley the hell up and motivates him to get his a$$ in the weight room.

With that said....if you're gonna say something to the media there should always be a named attached. What are we, the Jets?

Props to mike23md!
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Man up and Say It to His Face! Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
I cannot stand "anonymous players" who go to the media and talk under anonymity.

how do you know it wasn't Ron Cook going to the player and promising anonymity? Normally I'm with you, but this is the type of thing that would cause more harm than good if a name was released. Instead of "Woodley needs to get in shape", which is true, it becomes "Woodley and <player> are feuding", which is useless

Ketnaab, I like you. We have some spirited debates so I'll take the bait and have a spirited discussion with you.

It doesn't matter what Ron Cook or any other media person promises. There is a brotherhood and comradeship among players. It is no different with our military teams. Family is family. I am not taking Woodlry off the hook for his conditioning or lack thereof. You let fans and media like us discuss those things in forums, on line and in the press. You don't throw your teammate under the bus. Period!

Steeler Hitman wrote:
You have a problem with Wood's conditioning; man up and say it to his face, not the media.

how do you know he didn't?

It would be over and no need to say it to anyone in the media. You call someone out, you do it in private and yell, scream, fight, whatever, but it stays in house.

Steeler Hitman wrote:
When you don't perform and are 10 - 20 lbs heavier, you will be criticized in the public by the fans and media.

especially when it comes hot on the heels of signing a huge $60 million contract. as for who said it, I think the idea that Ziggy said it is nonsense. This guy has done nothing but praise everybody in the organization from the Rooneys to the ballboy anytime he's asked.

I'd say it was either Harrison or Ryan Clark, 2 guys who are about as outspoken as it gets on this team. Ask them a question, they usually answer, and not always in a "politically correct" manner.

I would agree that Clark and Harrison are not always PC with comments, but they know the golden rules. At 8 - 8 no one has the room to say anything. No one.

Something many of us seem to be forgetting...this is NOT the first time Woodley has been publically called out for being heavy and out of shape. Who publically called Woodley out the first time? It was his Position coach, Keith Butler:

Keith Butler wrote:
He just wasnít in shape,Ē Butler said. ďHeíll tell you that. If he donít tell you that, Iíll tell you that, I donít care. He has to get his big butt in shape, I tell him that all of the time: Donít come to camp weighing 290

Keith Butler didn't say don't use my name. It is also a clear case of a position coach trying to psych out and fire up a star player who he wants to take to the next level. Woodley has the talent to be one of the best defensive players in the entire NFL. Weight or not, he is a superior athlete. The coach is trying to get Wood to play to his level.

Tell you a funny story. I played college ball and was coming back from a major injury. I worked my butt off in the weight room and running, but I was a little gun shy with contact during spring drills. I was repeatedly told to just play like I did before the injury. "Don't play to avoid getting injured, just play." I had a couple bad practices. One day doing one on one hitting drills, I was getting my butt kicked. The head coach walked up and said, Jeez Hitman, I didn't know you were a (what rymes with wuss).

I didn't know that my brown skin could turn every shade of red. I got so pissed at the coach and my teammates laughing, I started lighting jokers up. I yelled back at the coach there's your mother (rymes with trucking &(rymes with mussy). The coach just winked at me. He got his point accross.

I was called out on the field with my family. These were the guys I went to battle with on gameday; not in the press and not behind my back. It's one thing to come from a coach and another to come from a player.

Anyone who has played this game understands that. If one of my teamates would have went to the univeristy press or local paper and said something, and I found out who, we would have had some issues. Very Happy

Not only getting a proper one from me, but my teammates as well. Locker room cancers are the worst. It betrays all that the brotherhood and teamwork that is taught from Pop Warner. Whoever said it to Ron Cook is dead wrong. Say it to Wood and then toteammates, coaches or whoever else iinside the ocker room, not in the press box.

Thanks for the Sig Kethnaab!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see as a tool or form of motivation to make sure he is doing everything he can to be healthy and in shape. Hell, Coach Tomlin could have said it or even the writer himself. Anonymous names or players are 90% false reports. Sort of like a phishing program.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen the espn photo shoot of woodley Trent Richardson and lynch doing a run dmc shoot. Woodley was so fat it was sickening!

Woodley's looking like a out of shape OL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Man up and Say It to His Face! Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
Keith Butler didn't say don't use my name. It is also a clear case of a position coach trying to psych out and fire up a star player who he wants to take to the next level. Woodley has the talent to be one of the best defensive players in the entire NFL. Weight or not, he is a superior athlete. The coach is trying to get Wood to play to his level.

Tell you a funny story. I played college ball and was coming back from a major injury. I worked my butt off in the weight room and running, but I was a little gun shy with contact during spring drills. I was repeatedly told to just play like I did before the injury. "Don't play to avoid getting injured, just play." I had a couple bad practices. One day doing one on one hitting drills, I was getting my butt kicked. The head coach walked up and said, Jeez Hitman, I didn't know you were a (what rymes with wuss).

I didn't know that my brown skin could turn every shade of red. I got so pissed at the coach and my teammates laughing, I started lighting jokers up. I yelled back at the coach there's your mother (rymes with trucking &(rymes with mussy). The coach just winked at me. He got his point accross.

I was called out on the field with my family. These were the guys I went to battle with on gameday; not in the press and not behind my back. It's one thing to come from a coach and another to come from a player.

Anyone who has played this game understands that. If one of my teamates would have went to the univeristy press or local paper and said something, and I found out who, we would have had some issues. Very Happy

Not only getting a proper one from me, but my teammates as well. Locker room cancers are the worst. It betrays all that the brotherhood and teamwork that is taught from Pop Warner. Whoever said it to Ron Cook is dead wrong. Say it to Wood and then toteammates, coaches or whoever else iinside the ocker room, not in the press box.

I know what you mean. I played in high school and one year in college. Something changes when you put that mouthpiece in. Anyway, those that showed up, obviously out of shape and not dedicated to practice were always singled out. They were the ones that were always out of position, and just looked lost. It's like they had no pride wearing the uniform.

I remember a broken wrist I suffered in a pick-up game after school my junior year. I batted the ball away on a deep out...basically had to lay out to do it and landed wrong. Luckily, it was in the off-season, so I was healed up by August, but I was very tentative at first. The others were wondering why I looked awkward the first day back at camp. Especially considering the leadership position I held. I decided that I just had to get back in there and attack the bull by the horns, as it were.

And you know what, the next day, I grabbed my Trombone and held it with pride. And it didn't hurt. It was important for me to show, as Band President, that I wouldn't use an injury as an excuse to not practice hard and stay in shape. True story, BTW!

And now you all can see why I'm a little "off"... Laughing

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Man up and Say It to His Face! Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:

I know what you mean. I played in high school and one year in college. Something changes when you put that mouthpiece in. Anyway, those that showed up, obviously out of shape and not dedicated to practice were always singled out. They were the ones that were always out of position, and just looked lost. It's like they had no pride wearing the uniform.

I remember a broken wrist I suffered in a pick-up game after school my junior year. I batted the ball away on a deep out...basically had to lay out to do it and landed wrong. Luckily, it was in the off-season, so I was healed up by August, but I was very tentative at first. The others were wondering why I looked awkward the first day back at camp. Especially considering the leadership position I held. I decided that I just had to get back in there and attack the bull by the horns, as it were.

And you know what, the next day, I grabbed my Trombone and held it with pride. And it didn't hurt. It was important for me to show, as Band President, that I wouldn't use an injury as an excuse to not practice hard and stay in shape. True story, BTW!

And now you all can see why I'm a little "off"... Laughing

Excellent

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point today we'll hear Woodley speak to the media again. About how it wasn't his weight that held him back it was his injuries. About how "it's hard to stay in shape when you're recovering for injuries", about how his "anonymous teammate should worry about his own play" or some other crap.

The biggest problem with Woodley is that he doesn't appear to be taking any accountability for himself.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fine with whoever said it. We've all been thinking it for years. I've preached that I believed the reason for his annual slow starts was due to what seemed like a lack of preparedness for the season. The fact that it typically takes him until game 6 in every single season he's been a Steeler since year one & two makes it hard to believe anything otherwise, whether its lack of conditioning, lack of practice/drills or whatever the case me be.

Appreciate the fact that he does a lot for the community but he definitely lacks a fire or "eye of the tiger".

...you have a forum resume?
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hate reading the "anonymous player said...". If you stand by what you say, put your name on it. That's how you drive a locker room apart.

As far as people guessing who it was - I find it hard to think Ike or Harrison wouldn't put their name on it if they said it. I kind of get the feeling a younger player may have said it.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
Really hate reading the "anonymous player said...". If you stand by what you say, put your name on it. That's how you drive a locker room apart.

As far as people guessing who it was - I find it hard to think Ike or Harrison wouldn't put their name on it if they said it. I kind of get the feeling a younger player may have said it.

Like Jason Worilds?
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Dcash4 wrote:

Like Jason Worilds?

Im not saying that this is who did it... but i was thinking more of someone like Lewis. He stepped up and had a very good year as a corner with 0 pass rush - and one of the main contributes to that problem was Woodley.

Again, not saying i think Lewis did it, but I just have hard time thinking it was Ike, Harrison, or even Clark - seeing as how they are all pretty adamant about their feelings to the media and the team anyway.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:

Im not saying that this is who did it... but i was thinking more of someone like Lewis. He stepped up and had a very good year as a corner with 0 pass rush - and one of the main contributes to that problem was Woodley.

Again, not saying i think Lewis did it, but I just have hard time thinking it was Ike, Harrison, or even Clark - seeing as how they are all pretty adamant about their feelings to the media and the team anyway.

You definitely have a valid point. I said Worilds because of his 'back up role'. Sort of as a "maybe I should be starting instead" theory. Though I would agree that Lewis would be more likely; also not saying it was him.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Safety Ryan Clark has comments on the leagueís website on his disappointment about these feelings going public.

ďMy biggest problem with that is not LaMarr, or is not someoneís feelings about LaMarr,Ē Clark said. ďMy problem is now itís public. We were talking about the Ravens earlier, we were talking about the brotherhood, we were talking about the family that they were. We all have arguments with our brothers, sisters, cousins, but that stays in-house. What you talk about then stays there and it doesnít get out to the public. So that is the problem.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/pittsburgh_steelers_safety_ryan_clarke_tackles_lamarr_woodley_drama/12941206

Looks like you can take Ryan Clark off the accused list!

I have to agree with Clark. You don't say something like that to the media or outside the locker room. You go to him face to face and let him know how you feel. When will these Players learn that when something like that is said the media will play and over hype it til doomsday. Honestly they should have learned from the Mendenhall comments about Bin Laden.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: