Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Headbanger 2013 mock 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Headbanger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Headbanger 2013 mock 1.0 Reply with quote

Since I don't like trade and signings, cuttings, or any other speculation, I'll do draft mock that I think will be the best fit for our team, based on what I've seen from Fisher and his staff this season.

This is my pre-combine mock draft, but pretty much representative. Let's get started....

Round 1a: Sheldon Richardson Mizzou DT

http://youtu.be/rCLG6J87S-k

Since it's proven that our defense will dominate the game, we need some play makers on that D-line, that has been the strongest point of our defense. Sheldon brings great surge through the middle and is pretty stout against the run as well as he is disruptive in collapsing the pocket. He and Brockers could be together for a long time.

Round 1b: Tyler Eifert Notre Dame TE

http://youtu.be/mqJRd3mN01w

As we have seen through these past three season, Bradford is one of most accurate QB's in the league. He has some decent receivers now, with a pretty good TE in Lance Kendricks. Imagine how good this offence would be with a pass catcher like Eifert. I see Eifert as Bradfords Dallas Clark.

Round 2: Khaseem Green Rutgers OLB

http://youtu.be/E9EJoH_WfHc

Since we have many positions to upgrade, I think our team will go with best player available and one of the positions we need to upgrade is Will LB. Green is one if not the best Will LB's in the draft and is pretty much all over the field. Plays with great quickness and speed and is a pretty sure tackler. He also played FS, so I think playing against the pass is what will make him our starter right out of the gates.

Round 3: Bacarri Rambo Georgia FS-SS

http://youtu.be/PczX7Ej1b34

This guy is a solution to our safety issues. He's got a great hands and has great ball skills. Tackles with great pover and knocks the ball out. Now, the only thing that might be a problem is off the field issues, but considering that JJ21 had some too, I think Jeff will sort him out too, like he did Janoris.

Round 4: Alvin Bailey Arkansas OG

http://youtu.be/iZDOLtfkbaM

This guy is probably one of the big steals in the draft. Powerful, with great size, he played both guard positions and has great potential. Needs to polish his skills, but could be an instant upgrade opposite Dahl.

Round 5: Kenjon Barner Oregon RB-KR

http://youtu.be/cYI7gwHQ07g

We need some speed, both on offense and special teams. Barner provides that as a KR ans if we use him on third downs out of the back field. He has great hands, speed and elusiveness to be a threat after the catch on screens. Only thing he lacks, good body frame that would make him all down RB.

Round 6: Tyrann Mathieu Rehab CB

http://youtu.be/-U7_hzArz2w

In 2011 I told myself, Mathieu is a turnover machine, whether on defense, or special teams, he will be a top 10 pick. Few months later he was dismissed by LSU because of weed issues. Now he is a guy who needs to get playing rust off and he would like to prove that he still is that top 10 pick. Just like Jenkins, he's worth a selection and under this coaching staff, he can play as well as his potential indicates. In my opinion, he will stay out of trouble too, if not, investment was not high.

Round 7: T.J. Moe Mizzou WR

http://youtu.be/Z5nZTW7QTV4

Couldn't find much highlights on Moe, but I've seen him play for Mizzou these past three years and few things were evident to me; he's got great hands and ability to be another Welker, or Amendola with his work to get open. His value droped because of poor QB play and change of system adapted to Franklins running ability. If we get him, it could be a potential steal.

So that is my pre-combine mock, so please don't be shy expressing your likes, or dislikes. Take care.

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen worse, that's for sure. You're going to catch grief for taking Eiffert in the first though, I sure did.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not thrilled with Eifert in the first, would much rather have someone like Keenan Allen here, but I do like all the guys you have us picking, particularly Greene in the 2nd. Don't think Matheiu will be there in 6th. I'm betting he goes 4th minimum. Someone like 49ers who have a boatload of later picks will grab him with compensatory pick I think.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like it too much, tbh. We didn't really upgrade the O-line, we barely touched Bradford's weapons and the only additions we made to the defense outside of Rambo are areas that were already relatively strong last year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you guys for the comments. I will explain my Eifert pick.

We have a very good TE in Kendricks, he's complete player who is a above average blocker for the position. He has some play making ability as a pass catcher, but not like Eifert does with the radius of catch and athleticism.

I like Kendricks a lot, but as we've seen against the Bucks, he was gased and almost didn't make it to the end zone.

But, that's just my take on our needs, so thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the picks but idk I just don't think it clears up what we need. IMO wr is the biggest need along with tackle. In such a deep draft of tackles I think it is crazy we don't address that at all in the draft. The only pick I'm actually happy with is Khaseeme Greene, who I have in my next mock. I can honestly say that I would be very disappointed with this draft.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get a TE in the first round, it better be Zach Ertz. I think he offers way more to the receiving game and will be the next big NFL weapon.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
If we get a TE in the first round, it better be Zach Ertz. I think he offers way more to the receiving game and will be the next big NFL weapon.

Can't agree anymore, Ertz is the only TE worthy of a 1st round selection. He's the best prospect at the position and one of the more complete TE prospects to come out in a few years...

As for the rest of the draft, I like the picks. Would absolutely love to land Richardson. I think Wauffle/Fisher could do wonders with his natural ability...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Ryback

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Tyler Eifert as my 2nd rounder in my mock because I assume Ertz will be gone. But If we get a TE at that point It should be Ertz
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:

no he doesn't. I take it you just looked at numbers and 40 time? Because when it comes to hands, going up and getting the ball, running precise routes and ball skills Eifert is clearly better than Ertz.

Ertz is a great prospect but Eifert has very, very good receiving skills. You just don't see tight ends who can go up and get the ball like Eifert. He's as pure a pass catcher at the tight end position as we've seen in years.

Also I don't see how anyone can say Eifert is a complete TE. He's an awful run blocker and unlike Eifert he's not great at making catches in traffic. He's also a big stiff in the hips and in and out of his breaks.

I really feel like people are just falling in love with Ertz measurables or maybe haven't seen Eifert as much. Because I don't see how anyone could say he's the most complete tight end in years when nearly every scouting report agrees that he's one of the worst blockers of any of the top tight ends we've seen in recent drafts.

Ertz dropped nearly twice as many passes as Eifert did. In fact Eifert had the 2nd lowest drop percentage of any receiver(including WR) in this entire draft. This once again reinforces the opinion that Eifert has better hands and goes up and gets the ball better.

I really like both guys as prospects and would be happy with either pick but I just don't understand when I see people say Ertz is unequivocally better. It just doesn't compute because Eifert has plenty of advantages over Ertz and once again it leads me to believe these people are just going off Ertz measurables.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, headbanger, I'm just not a huge fan. Usually, we are pretty eye to eye but not really loving this mock. Richardson is an excellent pick though. Just doubt he makes it to #16.

I don't like Eifert at #22. Just give me a WR. That's what Eifert basically is. An oversized WR. Kid is scary weak for his size and can't block. He's very comparable to Greg Olsen.

Nothing wrong with that but I don't want that in the 1st round.

Give me Gavin Escobar in the 2nd or 3rd if we're looking for a big bodied receiving TE over Eifert in the 1st.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be so angry if we took a Dt with our first pick.

And those picking the Rams are crazy.
They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
I mean...Bradford never does...
Stick that in your sig & smoke it.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
Ertz is a great prospect but Eifert has very, very good receiving skills. You just don't see tight ends who can go up and get the ball like Eifert. He's as pure a pass catcher at the tight end position as we've seen in years.

Actually, you see a lot of TEs that can do that. But I do agree that he's better than Ertz as a receiver and better than Ertz at going up and getting it.

He's not the best pure pass catcher that we've seen in years.

Quote:
Also I don't see how anyone can say Eifert is a complete TE. He's an awful run blocker and unlike Eifert he's not great at making catches in traffic. He's also a big stiff in the hips and in and out of his breaks.

Wrong. All this is wrong. I assume you mean Ertz in the first sentence and that's extremely wrong. But if you do mean Eifert, you're right. He's a horrific run blocker.

Quote:
I really feel like people are just falling in love with Ertz measurables or maybe haven't seen Eifert as much. Because I don't see how anyone could say he's the most complete tight end in years when nearly every scouting report agrees that he's one of the worst blockers of any of the top tight ends we've seen in recent drafts.

Again, false. If there's a terrible blocker of the two, it's Eifert. Never seen any other top TE get put on his butt by a DB and yet I've seen that from Eifert.

Ertz's technique needs improvement but he can block and is actually quite strong.

Quote:
I really like both guys as prospects and would be happy with either pick but I just don't understand when I see people say Ertz is unequivocally better. It just doesn't compute because Eifert has plenty of advantages over Ertz and once again it leads me to believe these people are just going off Ertz measurables.

Ertz is unequivocally better in my book because he is a real TE. I don't want to draft a 1-Dimensional TE in the first round, it's not worth it to me. Ertz is a bigger mismatch. He's more raw than Eifert and not as good of a receiver right now but he has far more upside and can actually be used inline effectively.

DerekBrink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Honestly, headbanger, I'm just not a huge fan. Usually, we are pretty eye to eye but not really loving this mock. Richardson is an excellent pick though. Just doubt he makes it to #16.

I don't like Eifert at #22. Just give me a WR. That's what Eifert basically is. An oversized WR. Kid is scary weak for his size and can't block. He's very comparable to Greg Olsen.

Nothing wrong with that but I don't want that in the 1st round.

Give me Gavin Escobar in the 2nd or 3rd if we're looking for a big bodied receiving TE over Eifert in the 1st.

I don't get the can't block thing. I've watched tons of Eifert tape and he's a pretty decent run blocker. I've also read the opinion of about a dozen other scouts and most of them rated him as at least a serviceable run blocker. His pass blocking is a question but mostly because he wasn't asked to pass block much.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:

I don't get the can't block thing. I've watched tons of Eifert tape and he's a pretty decent run blocker. I've also read the opinion of about a dozen other scouts and most of them rated him as at least a serviceable run blocker. His pass blocking is a question but mostly because he wasn't asked to pass block much.

He's not at all. He's a bad blocker. He's just weak. Rarely gets push, doesn't have the strength to seal the edge nor is he particularly effective at wham blocks. He struggles to keep his feet when blocking and falls off his blocks far too quickly. He also has a tendency to duck his head. Simply put, the guy spends way too much time on the ground when blocking.

The best he can really do is stay engaged and keep his man from pushing him around. He's no threat at all as a blocker and I've even seen him struggle out on the edge with DBs at times.

Anyone who uses the phrase serviceable to describe Eifert's run blocking needs to watch some TEs who actually can run block.

And I WANT TO like Eifert because the kid is a dynamite pass catcher. He's fluid, has quick feet, strong hands, tracks the ball extremely well and can go up and get the football. He's excellent at it. He's like an oversized WR. But he's a truly bad blocker. Truly bad. Will not be an effective inline blocker in the NFL.

While I'd love to have the pass catching skills, using a 1st on a TE that can't block isn't high on my list. Personally, I think the best value for TEs in this draft is outside the 1st round.

If you want me to, I can show you the best I can the issues I have with him as a blocker using what youtube has to offer.(best I can do in terms of linking video of it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: