Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bay area browns fan offseason mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaYArEa32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Bay area browns fan offseason mock Reply with quote

Browns offseason mock 

Cut 
Frostee Rucker( already did)
Chris gocong(if not 100% healthy)

Resigned 
Phil Dawson-3 yr 9 mil

Fa's signed
Mike Wallace- 5 yr 45mil ( hurts me to add him but it makes to much sense for the offense coming in 1 key is have gaurenteed money paid off thru 2 yrs so if problem let him go after 2)
Paul Kruger - 5 yr 40 mil 

Louis Vazquez -5yr 30mil 

Dustin Keller 3yr 12mil

Extensions
Joe Haden - 5 yr 45 mil
Alex Mack - 4 yr 30 mil 
Tj ward - 5 yr 25mil

Trades 
Browns trade 2014 conditional 3rd which can become 2nd for Jon Beason lb panthers (pick can become 2nd if Beason starts 16 games/makes pro bowl/ or browns earn playoff berth)

Draft (based on my personal mock )

Round 1 pick 6-dee milliner cb bama( feels a need opposite of joe I believe it's a solid pick and will be a huge get for yrs)

Round 3 pick 68-Tony Jefferson fs Oklahoma (good value here IMO Feels need and I believe he is a solid overall safety)

Round 4 pick 101-Marcus lattimore rb south carolina( I know not a need what so ever but give him a yr to recover I believe we would have a great 1-2 punch for a fee yrs also it would be less of a load on t-riches body would could extend his career to me it's a solid pick up)

Round 5 pick 132-Tyrann mathieu cb lsu( I would love this pick only if he has fixed his drug issue and interviews well. If he can get that done I believe he can be an asset as a nickel in ray Hortons aggressive d)

Round 6 pick 162-Lonnie Pryor fb fsu( fb in the mold of a Greg jones or mike Tolbert I believe he's solid enough to be a solid pick here an help the run game if he can't handle it hey it's a 6th round pick?)

Round 6 pick 165-Ryan Allen p la tech ( hello Allen goodbye hodges any need to say more?)

Won't do a starting lineup as I feel it will depend on how camp goes so use your imagination. I know a lot of you will probably  think this is terrible and I apologize if you do. I am a bay area browns fan I believe we are on our way to make a statement so give feedback on your thoughts of this offseason mock please thanks for taking time to check it out and go browns!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it....not sure on that Beason trade though

Fills out the rest of our needs pretty well though

Overall pretty good
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually really nice.

Where would Beason play?

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
BaYArEa32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
This is actually really nice.

Where would Beason play?

My thought is inside next the Jackson would give us 2 really good lbs inside that seem to always have 100+ tackles when healthy and it would give us great depth and not force jmj or any of the young linebackers into action To early In a new system could learn from 2 solid pros

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like this mock a bunch, I'm just not able to wrap my head around giving 9 million a year to a brooding diva (Wallace). Yes, he's flat out fast, but I worry about him getting his payday and then not being focused because he's not playing with that team from Western Pennsylvania anymore.

Lattimore could be a steal if he pulls a Willis McGahee and returns healthy. I'm not sure, though, if we don't need that pick to try and plug someone into the lineup that is going to have an opportunity to make more of an impact.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard
BaYArEa32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
While I like this mock a bunch, I'm just not able to wrap my head around giving 9 million a year to a brooding diva (Wallace). Yes, he's flat out fast, but I worry about him getting his payday and then not being focused because he's not playing with that team from Western Pennsylvania anymore.

Lattimore could be a steal if he pulls a Willis McGahee and returns healthy. I'm not sure, though, if we don't need that pick to try and plug someone into the lineup that is going to have an opportunity to make more of an impact.

Im with ya on the Wallace signing I thought long and hard about it I just think with his speed on the outside he can be solid ( if head is there big if) it could def open things up for t-rich and the run game also for players like gordon and little and in this case Keller would have the middle of the field to work with. Also that why I put the guaranteed money would be paid in full after 2 seasons just in case he continues to be a head case

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good option on FA/draft. I actually like the Lattimore pick - if it pans out he's a mega-steal. If not, it isn't like a 1st round bust price-wise.

About the only thing is Beason - like him as a player but I think our young guys have to step up (JMJ, Robertson) I like the Kruger signing, but even with that the OLB positions are paper-thin. At the very least, Beason is a luxury we can't afford yet. If Sheard or Kruger lose time to injury (and this assumes Sheard makes a fast adjustment from DE) then who do we have to rush the passer? Stephens?

This is one of the downsides of again switching schemes - we need to re-stock the OLB's.

But overall I like it - and I think Wallace is definitely in the mix given Haslams connection with the Steelers. Not thrilled about his drop in production over a contract dispute but there's no denying his impact when he's focused.
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friend moved to the Bay Area ten years ago and is an avid browns fan....It's nice knowing our team has fans all over the globe.
BaYArEa32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
My best friend moved to the Bay Area ten years ago and is an avid browns fan....It's nice knowing our team has fans all over the globe.

Ya the bay area has a good amount of browns fans out here for the browns being from Cleveland not sure if any of ya saw when the browns played the raiders this yr there was a section there filled with browns fans

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reallly like it what a nasty defense that would be

dawg24 with this sweet sig

dqwell jackson> ray lewis.

Cleveland is my city, and i LOVE IT!
NPBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner will not be selected by Browns. Ray Horton likes his corners that can hit and Milliner does not tackle well at all. Great in coverage but any corner the Browns look into will be an in your face physical corner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:
Dee Milliner will not be selected by Browns. Ray Horton likes his corners that can hit and Milliner does not tackle well at all. Great in coverage but any corner the Browns look into will be an in your face physical corner.

I didn't see all his games, but he seemed pretty physical to me. He did miss a tackle now and then (everyone does), but overall, I would consider him to be a physical corner. I'd actually like to see him be a little better in coverage.

I don't think he's deserving of a top 10 pick, but hardly anyone in this draft is.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea tackling is not really a concern for millner he is pretty good at it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737099

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

NPBrowns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Yea tackling is not really a concern for millner he is pretty good at it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737099

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-draft/2013/1/24/3910834/2013-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-dee-milliner-cb-alabama-scouting-report-new-york-giants

I've seen a couple of scouting reports on him that say he is physical but doesnt tackle well which is what I see when I see him play. Everyone has their opinions on everyone. We all thought Aaron Curry was a slam dunk too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: