Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@highkin: Cavs just announced the signing of Andrew Wiggins. So the 30-day clock begins now.

------

Kevin Love deal talk will now stretch out another month.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Minnesota Twins star Chuck Knoblauch was arrested Wednesday night on charges that he allegedly assaulted his ex-wife.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11260276/former-minnesota-twins-star-arrested-allegedly-assaulting-ex-wife-according-report

They might throw batteries at him again.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
The New Guy is also under team control through 2018 as well.

The Mariners also have to pick up the remaining 4+ million remaining on Morales' deal.

Sounds like a Twins move through and through; I will enjoy seeing Morales in the all-star game next year.

He's a free agent after this year and there's actually a decent chance he will come back to Minnesota, even if it wouldn't make any sense to bring him back. He can't receive a QO and the front office really likes him, and vice versa.

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same was said about Morneau FWIW.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the ex-Twins news of the day, the Royals trade ex-Twin Danny Valencia to Toronto for ex-Twin Liam Hendriks. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
In the ex-Twins news of the day, the Royals trade ex-Twin Danny Valencia to Toronto for ex-Twin Liam Hendriks. Laughing

Every player in the major leagues was once a Twin....
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Twins signed a 6'7'', 240 pound pitcher named Brandon Poulson from the "Academy of Art University" whose fastball sits in the high 90s and touches 100.

He also clocked a 6.59 60-yard dash which is more consistent with middle infielder times.

Shocked
TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2126779-kevin-love-trade-rumors-latest-buzz-speculation-surrounding-cavaliers-and-more

Quote:
In a rather new development, it now looks as if Love wont sign an extension with any team in which hes traded, even the Cavaliers. He can get far more money if he becomes a free agent in the summer of 2015, and re-signs with the team in which he is traded. That puts considerably more risk in a trade, especially if the Cavaliers are giving up a prospect like Wiggins.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not that much more of a risk. Sure, it's a risk, but who ever trades for him will still be able to pay a lot more money to him than anyone else.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
since72

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a picture in the paper of the Gophers practicing. Which immediately triggered a mental picture. Is there anything more Norman Rockwell than raking leaves in the backyard on a beautiful 60 degree day in mid-October, the smell of leaves, Canada Geese flying overhead in a big formation, and a transistor radio squeezing out a tinny Minnesota Rouser?

(Of course we call them I-Pods or whatever these days.)

Man I miss Ray Christensen. "I'm sure the officials are fine gentlemen but the Gophers just can't seem to get a break!"

This should be a fun season. The Gophers have enough talent to hang with the big guys, but not enough for sure wins against the push-overs. That's what makes it exciting. You don't know which team will show up on Saturday.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that the Gophers can and will be able to compete with the big boys (at least on a certain level), which they were unable to do at all under Brewster and only intermittently under Mason.

It's also nice to see them at least begin to compete in recruiting in-state players. Under Mason, he never even tried, and under Brewster, they all saw through his facade. Kill is honest, forthright, and a good coach to boot.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I like the fact that the Gophers can and will be able to compete with the big boys (at least on a certain level), which they were unable to do at all under Brewster and only intermittently under Mason.

It's also nice to see them at least begin to compete in recruiting in-state players. Under Mason, he never even tried, and under Brewster, they all saw through his facade. Kill is honest, forthright, and a good coach to boot.

Right as 2016 4* East Ridge QB (top 10 player at his position nationally) names Oregon his leader.

Sad
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always going to be guys that want to go out of state. But, at least they have been in serious discussions with him. It's not a like a Seantrel Henderson situation where they really never even had a shot (which is probably a good thing now in retrospect).

And with Oregon, how can any kid just ignore the Phil Knight effect? It'd be difficult for anyone.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
There's always going to be guys that want to go out of state. But, at least they have been in serious discussions with him. It's not a like a Seantrel Henderson situation where they really never even had a shot (which is probably a good thing now in retrospect).

And with Oregon, how can any kid just ignore the Phil Knight effect? It'd be difficult for anyone.

You wouldn't see me going to Oregon, especially if I was a smart and efficient passer like Green. That system does nothing to prepare a QB for the next level. And maybe it's just me but the flash and allure of the Nike stuff doesn't excite me.

If I was in Green's shoes I would probably either be staying in state or going to Texas (no offer yet) or Louisville.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 51 of 69

Jump to: