Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Team is so Jeckle and Hyde it's ridiculous.

Mostly Hyde...as in running for cover and hiding. Wink

I'd be immensely surprised if Norwood actually brought Tubby back after they lose in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. I know he'll cost money to fire him (since I think they're actually still trying to pay off Mason and Brewster), but he's got to go. There's no future with him remaining as coach.

The pattern with Tubby hasn't changed...great start to the season, B1G play starts, they fade.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, they could pay disaacs or me a lot less money and finish 8th or worse in the conference every year. There is no reason at all to keep him. Should have been fired last year.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is about to happen with the Wild. Expect a stepping stone trade today and a bigger one soon, perhaps today as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
Something is about to happen with the Wild. Expect a stepping stone trade today and a bigger one soon, perhaps today as well.

I think the stepping stone was freeing up a contract slot to perhaps sign Nate Schmidt once the Gophers season ends.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

I think the stepping stone was freeing up a contract slot to perhaps sign Nate Schmidt once the Gophers season ends.

That could be. Would make sense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Minnesota Wild
Record: 13-10-2; 28 points

Minnesota Timberwolves
Record: 22-40

Minnesota Twins
At Spring Training

Golden Gopher Basketball
Record: 20-12

Records updated.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Minnesota Wild were not the only local professional sports team pining the last few years for realignment -- a request that was finally granted officially on Thursday.

In a conversation with 1500ESPN.com, Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor acknowledged he would like to see his team in the Eastern Conference.

"It makes sense," he said.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_Scoops_Switching_conferences_makes_sense_for_Wolves_owner_says031513

It doesn't to me...unless you were to switch it to Northern-Southern Conference instead. What a ridiculous comment by Taylor. I grew tired of his nonsensical statements years ago. It's no wonder that he signed an under the table contract with Joe Smith of all players...he doesn't seem to understand what's logical and what's not.

It's hard for me to understand how one franchise could be mismanaged as poorly as it has by 2 sets of owners now.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
The Minnesota Wild were not the only local professional sports team pining the last few years for realignment -- a request that was finally granted officially on Thursday.

In a conversation with 1500ESPN.com, Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor acknowledged he would like to see his team in the Eastern Conference.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_Scoops_Switching_conferences_makes_sense_for_Wolves_owner_says031513

It doesn't to me...unless you were to switch it to Northern-Southern Conference instead. What a ridiculous comment by Taylor. I grew tired of his nonsensical statements years ago. It's no wonder that he signed an under the table contract with Joe Smith of all players...he doesn't seem to understand what's logical and what's not.

1 timezone difference vs 2 timezone difference, I agree wth Taylor....having games start at 9:30 sucks for tv ratings.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
1 timezone difference vs 2 timezone difference, I agree wth Taylor....having games start at 9:30 sucks for tv ratings.

Certainly it sucks, but when 2/3 of the league is in the Eastern time zone (at least it seems that way...or at very least 2/3 are east of the Mississippi), there's no other way to handle it. Unless you start relocating teams like Charlotte and Atlanta to Cheyenne and Boise, I don't see how you could change it.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Certainly it sucks, but when 2/3 of the league is in the Eastern time zone (at least it seems that way...or at very least 2/3 are east of the Mississippi), there's no other way to handle it. Unless you start relocating teams like Charlotte and Atlanta to Cheyenne and Boise, I don't see how you could change it.

I was not talking about what was good for the leauge....nor do I think Taylor was. Those are two VERY different arguments.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't to me...unless you were to switch it to Northern-Southern Conference instead. What a ridiculous comment by Taylor.

We should be playing teams from Chicago, Milwaukee and Detroit more than 2 times a year.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't to me...unless you were to switch it to Northern-Southern Conference instead. What a ridiculous comment by Taylor.

We should be playing teams from Chicago, Milwaukee and Detroit more than 2 times a year.

I agree, but unless they figure out another way to schedule it, there's not a whole lot that can be done, because they are the odd team out. It's not as easy a fix as it was for the NHL (which still has some oddities in the fact that Detroit will be in a different division).

The only way I could see it work is with expansion to 32:

Atlantic - New York, Boston, Brooklyn, Philadelphia
Appalachian - Washington, Charlotte, Louisville*, Memphis
Central - Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit, Indiana
Midwest - Milwaukee, Minnesota, Chicago, St.Louis/KC*
Southeast - Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, New Orleans
South Central - Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma City
Mountain - Denver, Utah, Portland, Seattle (formerly Sacramento)
Pacific - Phoenix, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, Golden State

If Sacramento stays, then Phoenix gets moved to Mountain.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I agree, but unless they figure out another way to schedule it, there's not a whole lot that can be done, because they are the odd team out.

But I think that's what Glen was saying, that it "makes sense" to be in the East with those teams.

He knows its not happening though, because Memphis or New Orleans would likely be the first to switch.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Look, they could pay disaacs or me a lot less money and finish 8th or worse in the conference every year. There is no reason at all to keep him. Should have been fired last year.

Onto this subject to sort of distract us from the other pending nonsense...I agree with you here.

But, you know what will happen, of course. They'll get to the Sweet 16, thus saving his job for another year.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gophers female Hockey team advances to Frozen Four. In case you didn't know they are pretty good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 6 of 56

Jump to: