Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 2403
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
A league source said on July 17 that the Cavs are now willing to trade the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft.


http://www.morningjournal.com/sports/20140717/cleveland-cavaliers-now-willing-to-include-wiggins-in-kevin-love-trade-offer?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Make it happen.



LeBron running things now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14663
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my first Twins game of the season this year. Best minor league game I've ever been too.
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sector7G


Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Posts: 329
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Went to my first Twins game of the season this year. Best minor league game I've ever been too.






I have yet to make it to a game in Target Field. I've joked with a friend of mine that we should both play hooky and drive up and take in a game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The deal reportedly on the table from Cleveland for Kevin Love is No. 1 picks Andrew Wiggins, last year’s No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett (who looked good at Summer League) plus one or two first round picks.

Cleveland is looking around the league to get more parts to put in a deal, specifically non-guaranteed contracts, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.


http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/22/report-cavaliers-trying-to-acquire-other-players-to-put-in-kevin-love-trade/
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 6381
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
The deal reportedly on the table from Cleveland for Kevin Love is No. 1 picks Andrew Wiggins, last year’s No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett (who looked good at Summer League) plus one or two first round picks.

Cleveland is looking around the league to get more parts to put in a deal, specifically non-guaranteed contracts, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.


http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/22/report-cavaliers-trying-to-acquire-other-players-to-put-in-kevin-love-trade/


Wonder what Chicago is offering if we're not ready to accept that...
_________________
“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, the Bulls would have to include McDermott, which they wouldn't (understandably) want to do.

I think Cleveland would have to include other players (from other teams) simply to make the salaries match up. Right now, they don't have the salaries to make the match.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!


Last edited by disaacs on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 6381
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we just have to hope that Wiggins is the transcendent superstar that many think he can be...and that Rubio learns to shoot better.
_________________
“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7313
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I think Cleveland would have to include other players (from other teams) simply to make the salaries match up. Right now, they don't have the salaries to make the match.


A Wiggins/Bennett for Love deal will work financially, and can be executed 30 days after Wiggins signs his rookie contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:
I think Cleveland would have to include other players (from other teams) simply to make the salaries match up. Right now, they don't have the salaries to make the match.


A Wiggins/Bennett for Love deal will work financially, and can be executed 30 days after Wiggins signs his rookie contract.


Not based upon what I heard...as their combined salaries (after the slotting of Wiggins' contract) are maybe $10.5-$11M. Love makes $15M. That doesn't fall within the parameters, there would still be another contract that would need to come in (maybe Haywood).

Furthermore, I think the Wolves want to unload Martin's contract as well, so that would require more pieces to make it all work.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 7313
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Not based upon what I heard...as their combined salaries (after the slotting of Wiggins' contract) are maybe $10.5-$11M. Love makes $15M. That doesn't fall within the parameters, there would still be another contract that would need to come in (maybe Haywood).


When the outgoing salaries (of the team taking in more money) are between 9.8m and 19.6m (in this case Cleveland's), the incoming salaries can be as much as $5m more than what you sent out.

Wiggins/Bennett: $11,074,560
Love: $15,719,063
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Twins have traded Kendrys Morales to the Mariners for relief pitcher Stephen Pryor.

Pryor is a 25-year-old righthander who is recovering from surgery to repair a right latissimus dorsi muscle. He has pitched in 34 games for the Ms over the past three seasons, with 32 innings and 35 strikeouts. He is 2-1 with a 4.65 ERA in 31 innings this season at Class AAA Tacoma


http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/268491342.html

Explain to me how it makes sense to trade for a guy with arm injury issues.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 36517
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because basically all pitchers will have some at some point with how things are going, and Kendrys doesn't have much long term value for the Twins, where as the pitcher might at least from the pen.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 23243
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Because basically all pitchers will have some at some point with how things are going, and Kendrys doesn't have much long term value for the Twins, where as the pitcher might at least from the pen.


Thanks...

I know his ERA at AAA was pretty high too, but they are in the PCL...and if I recall correctly, that's probably still an offensive-driven league, so it's really hard to judge a pitcher there based upon ERA.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 36517
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Because basically all pitchers will have some at some point with how things are going, and Kendrys doesn't have much long term value for the Twins, where as the pitcher might at least from the pen.


Thanks...

I know his ERA at AAA was pretty high too, but they are in the PCL...and if I recall correctly, that's probably still an offensive-driven league, so it's really hard to judge a pitcher there based upon ERA.


This year it is higher, I think this is the year he is coming off the injury, so that has elevated it some, because previous years in AAA, his ERA has been much better. And at one point in his career, he has hit 100 MPH, so if he can regain some of that speed, then he'll at least be a solid bullpen arm.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 26415
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New Guy is also under team control through 2018 as well.

The Mariners also have to pick up the remaining 4+ million remaining on Morales' deal.

Sounds like a Twins move through and through; I will enjoy seeing Morales in the all-star game next year.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 50 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group