Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TENINCH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
I see no reason for Cavs to include Wiggins in a deal for Love....
Love's trade value will continue to go down every month until the trade deadline....

I see no reason they shouldn't. What has Wiggins done in the NBA? With love you're getting a veteran guy that's only 25 years old. Not too mention he can score 26 a game and add in 10-12 rebounds.

They aren't going to get him next year.

"If I have to hurt some feelings Iím going to hurt some feelings. I donít really care. Because my feelings are hurt, too." --Mike Zimmer
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Love's trade value will continue to go down every month until the trade deadline....

I see no reason they shouldn't. What has Wiggins done in the NBA? With love you're getting a veteran guy that's only 25 years old. Not too mention he can score 26 a game and add in 10-12 rebounds.

They aren't going to get him next year.

Wiggins is their top pick in the last 2 or 3 drafts with potential on a rookie scale contract for the next 4 years plus his rights via RFA.

They won't be giving all that up for a rental of Love regardless if he is a 25-12 player on offense.

Cavs are holding the the better cards here because the longer a deal doesnt get done, the worse the return MIN gets.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

And I see no reason to accept a deal without Wiggins included.

If no Wiggins in deal, then I guess Love will play out next season playing his home games at Target Center.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Wiggins is their top pick in the last 2 or 3 drafts with potential on a rookie scale contract for the next 4 years plus his rights via RFA.

They won't be giving all that up for a rental of Love regardless if he is a 25-12 player on offense.

1. Last year was arguably a bottom-three draft in NBA history. Not exactly the highest standards.
2. Love wouldn't be a rental for them. He's already said he'd be willing to sign longterm with James there.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

And I see no reason to accept a deal without Wiggins included.

If no Wiggins in deal, then I guess Love will play out next season playing his home games at Target Center.

This is the scenario I expect to see happening.
Cavs IMO should just sign some vets to fill out their bench even more.
Irving/Waiters/Lebron/Thompson/Varajo (Bennet/Wiggins..Miller/Ray off the bench)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cavs are in a place where they have a ton of young assets, (that have decent cap numbers) and moving two to three of them, with some picks, would be a wise decision.

Otherwise, they will roll with a very young team, and likely not do anything come crunch time; the playoffs are all about veterans. Sure they could add Ray Allen and/or Mike Miller, but that's not going to get it done.

Even if they do land Love, Lebron will be the only one with playoff experience.

The longer that Wiggins remains un-signed, the more likely it is that he's involved in the deal, IMO.

I fully expect Love to end up in Cleveland, but I think that it will end up being a multi-team deal; I'm fully expecting the Wolves to not come out with as much as they should, because, well, they are the Wolves.

please sell the team to Seattle
TENINCH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
The Cavs are in a place where they have a ton of young assets, (that have decent cap numbers) and moving two to three of them, with some picks, would be a wise decision.

NBA made sure of that

Quote:
please sell the team to Seattle

This wouldn't upset me. Glenn Taylor sucks as an NBA owner.

"If I have to hurt some feelings Iím going to hurt some feelings. I donít really care. Because my feelings are hurt, too." --Mike Zimmer
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not a huge NBA fan in general, but if the Wolves could move Love for some young pieces I would probably watch a few games.

That package would have to include Wiggins though.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm just not a huge NBA fan in general, but if the Wolves could move Love for some young pieces I would probably watch a few games.

That package would have to include Wiggins though.

I'm not really a fan either. Not much of a team sport.

If hockey season could just alternate with football season I'd be happy. While still a fan of the Twins they've left a very sour taste in my mouth the past few years.

CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

The longer that Wiggins remains un-signed, the more likely it is that he's involved in the deal, IMO.

traditionally 1st round picks get 120% of the rookie salary scale, however his initial cap hold I believe is 100%, so its reasonable to assume that the Cavs are maximizing their current cap by waiting to sign Wiggins to the 120%.

If Cavs parly some young assets into a proven commodity, I don't think it will be their best yute asset, when they have 3 others.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan Thompson won't be traded as he has the same agent as LeBron

LeBron wants to play with Dion Waiters, and if Waiters has the two locked down, then LeBron will play the three, yes?

Anthony Bennett they could move, but Bennett and multiple picks won't get a deal done from the Wolves side

There isn't really a spot for Wiggins; if they want to keep LeBron happy, and get Love, then they have to part with Wiggins.

EDIT: FWIW, Kevin Love is no longer scheduled to play in the celebrity softball game
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
EDIT: FWIW, Kevin Love is no longer scheduled to play in the celebrity softball game

That was announced over a week ago
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN Insider had an article saying that 7 front-office people, scouts, etc would NOT trade Wiggins for Love and that 5 WOULD make the trade. I really wonder what's going to happen.
17 rec. 204 yards 0 TDs
571 yards to go
10 games left
Must average 57.1 to reach 775
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the talks with the Warriors have started up again. Don't know if that means they are budging on Klay, but a trade of Harrison Barnes, David Lee, and a couple of first round picks is better than anything that the Cav's have offered thus far.

disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A league source said on July 17 that the Cavs are now willing to trade the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft.

http://www.morningjournal.com/sports/20140717/cleveland-cavaliers-now-willing-to-include-wiggins-in-kevin-love-trade-offer?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Make it happen.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 49 of 62

Jump to: