Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how many follow Gopher Football recruiting but those who do remember former Hopkins DB/WR Terrell Sinkfield. He was an explosive high school athlete that Tim Brewster refused to offer a scholarship. Today at the Gophers pro day, he recorded a legit 4.19 forty:

Quote:
Sinkfield, a former wide receiver at Northern Iowa, clocked in at 4.19 seconds in his second attempt in the 40-yard dash. That's faster than the NFL Combine record of 4.24 seconds, set by Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson in 2008

Because of his blazing speed on his second attempt, the 6-foot-1 Sinkfield was asked to run it one more time, something none of the other players did Monday. Despite a slight stumble, he still clocked in at 4.41 seconds.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/03/04/13/WR-Sinkfield-runs-blazing-419-40-yard-da/landing_gophers.html?blockID=873523&feedID=3697

Good Luck Chris Cook.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats fast!

Updated records on the first page. The Wild are now 4-0-0 in games I've attended this year.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else going to be watching the Wild attempt to end "the streak?"

And, how about that questionable Flagrant-2 ejection on JJ Barea last night? Reduced to a Flagrant-1 this morning.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, so much for that. Wild already down 4-1 with the first almost over.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Not sure how many follow Gopher Football recruiting but those who do remember former Hopkins DB/WR Terrell Sinkfield. He was an explosive high school athlete that Tim Brewster refused to offer a scholarship. Today at the Gophers pro day, he recorded a legit 4.19 forty:

It wasn't legit. Studwell indicated that he got no lower than high 4.3s. Whoever was timing it had a quick trigger finger. And in the end, it's still highly unlikely that he gets drafted. For being as fast as he is, he still had little production at UNI.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All records have been updated through last nights Gophers BBall loss and the T-Wolves win.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Gopher insiders tell me that they received an inquiry from Notre Dame QB Gunner Kiel a week ago. I don't expect anything to materialize though. Minnesota has 8 QB's on the roster right now and Kiel doesn't fit Kill's scheme.

I think Kiel's landing spot will largely depend on whether he is allowed to play this year or forced to sit a year. If he is able to play this season I think he will go to a smaller school as nearly every big school is set at QB. I expect Wisconsin and Washington State to be major players for him. If he does have to sit, I see him landing at Oklahoma, Rutgers, or LSU. All have talented signal callers with no incumbent behind them, leading way to Kiel.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't he have to sit no matter what?
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Doesn't he have to sit no matter what?

In special cases they are allowed to play right away. I don't know the reason he is transferring but the NCAA allows you immediate eligibility if you have a legit reason. If he is transferring due to lack of playing time then he will have to sit. However, if he has a family problem where he needs to be closer to home or something similar than he likely be allowed to play right away.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, makes sense. Thanks.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other Gopher news, it looks like Andre McDonald is no longer part of the football team. Reportedly for personal reasons but Kill has left the door open for his return. I will try to find a link.

EDIT:

Quote:
Former Hopkins wide receiver Andre McDonald is currently not on the Gophers football roster while he works out some personal problems, but Gophers coach Jerry Kill said he believes those will be resolved and, when that happens, McDonald will be welcomed back to the team.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/195785161.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y&refer=y

I'm very interested to know what his problem is. The Gophers haven't told us anything about his medical issues, him being suspended for the bowl game, and now this. Such a shame to waste talent like his.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding on to Andre McDonald, it looks like he isn't even part of the University anymore. I doubt he ever puts on a Minnesota jersey again.

Quote:
A person familiar with the situation confirmed for me tonight that McDonald is not enrolled at the University for spring semester and won’t be be participating in spring practice. But McDonald still has time to get himself back in school for summer session and would be eligible for games this fall if things go as hoped.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/196215201.html

Good Luck Chris Cook.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Adding on to Andre McDonald, it looks like he isn't even part of the University anymore. I doubt he ever puts on a Minnesota jersey again.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. If he has family issues which caused him to have to drop out for a semester, he could catch up during the summer. It just depends upon what those personal issues are. I'm not counting him out yet.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please. Please. Fire Tubby now. don't even wait until he flies back to MN, just fire him.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team is so Jeckle and Hyde it's ridiculous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 5 of 50

Jump to: