Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good chance former Prior Lake center Carson Shanks, who has left the Utah State basketball program, will enroll at Minnesota this spring quarter. The 7-foot center redshirted this season after averaging 12 points and eight rebounds as a senior at Prior Lake.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/239778841.html

anybody know this guy?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SodakViking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reminding everyone it's National Signing day for College Football, so head over to the UMN thread in the College forum for the latest.

yankee0724 wrote:

Kevin Hart is to comedy what Brady Quinn is to the NFL QB.
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The #5 running back in the entire country, according to 247sports, signed with the Gophers today. Local product out of Washburn. He was the MVP of his team at the Under Armour All-American game.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
The #5 running back in the entire country, according to 247sports, signed with the Gophers today. Local product out of Washburn. He was the MVP of his team at the Under Armour All-American game.

His name is Jeff Jones, for those who were wondering Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

His name is Jeff Jones, for those who were wondering Wink

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing is that he's still not academically eligible. He would need one more point on his ACT and 0.2 points on his GPA.

Otherwise, we could lose him to junior college for a year or two, and then would have to recruit him again.
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(not sure where else to post this and i don't want to make a thread, but...)

I am torturing myself and watching parts of the 2009 NFCC right now.

We were driving up the field all day with ease, it shouldn't have even been close. I forgot just how many times we really did shoot ourselves in the foot. Ugh. And then at the end of regulation, even after the 4 turnovers, in position for a 50 yard FG, it's 3rd down and we have one more shot to run it for better field position. 12 men in huddle. And then, even after all that, on the last play of regulation Favre has a running path to at least get back the yards we just lost from the penalty. Nope, pick.

This is nauseating, I don't know if I can even watch OT.

I'll never get over this. Crying or Very sad
Kellerman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
I'll never get over this. Crying or Very sad

Facing Peyton ''choke'' Manning in the Superbowl should have been a gimme for that team. I'm still convinced we would have won the SB if we had made it through that game.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an article specifically on the Gophers' draft prospect, who will likely be the first Gopher to go in the first round since Maroney in '06 (and only the 5th in 25 years).

Quote:
There is no question Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman is the most athletic interior defensive lineman available in the draft, and he should put on quite a show at the NFL Scouting Combine.

But there are questions about his consistency, intensity and upside, and those are concerns he will be trying to alleviate in the team interviews he will participate in at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325805/article/rashede-hageman-looking-to-cement-firstround-status

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor Plouffe has supposedly added 15 pounds of muscle this off season. One last push to fend off Sano?
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Trevor Plouffe has supposedly added 15 pounds of muscle this off season. One last push to fend off Sano?

He could put on significantly more muscle and there'd still be no shot at him fending off Sano. His best bet to try to find another position to play.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

He could put on significantly more muscle and there'd still be no shot at him fending off Sano. His best bet to try to find another position to play.

You know what sucks is that after 5 or 6 years Buxton and possibly Sano will be wearing pinstripes or playing in Boston. I hate baseball sometimes.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

You know what sucks is that after 5 or 6 years Buxton and possibly Sano will be wearing pinstripes or playing in Boston. I hate baseball sometimes.

You never know. I certainly have no idea what their personalities are like, but they could be guys that would be content as the big fish in a little pond rather than the reverse.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
This is an article specifically on the Gophers' draft prospect, who will likely be the first Gopher to go in the first round since Maroney in '06 (and only the 5th in 25 years).

Quote:
There is no question Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman is the most athletic interior defensive lineman available in the draft, and he should put on quite a show at the NFL Scouting Combine.

But there are questions about his consistency, intensity and upside, and those are concerns he will be trying to alleviate in the team interviews he will participate in at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325805/article/rashede-hageman-looking-to-cement-firstround-status

Wether it's warranted or not, Shede is going to be a Top 15 pick. Would have been great for the Gophers if he had developed earlier but he made several game changing plays this season for us, so I can't complain. I think Clowney will be the talk of the combine but Shede will be right behind him. With his blend of athleticism and talent, his upside is around 2008 Albert Haynesworth territory. Real disruptive with the ability to finish, just has to put it all together.

I'm also pulling for my guy Brock Vereen. I was surprised when he got a combine invite, but I know Brock on a personal level and I'm happy for him. It's nice to see some Gophers looking to stick in the NFL. Decker is quite the story. Q also made a handful of plays for the Browns this year. Those two are Brewster recruits but Kill doing a great job of developing players. David Cobb, Damian Wilson, Eric Murray, De'Vondre Campbell, Maxx Williams and Ben Lauer could all see some time in the NFL down the road.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As T.J. Oshie led the U.S. men's Olympic team to a dramatic 3-2 shootout win over Russia on Saturday, people in his tiny northern Minnesota hometown were screaming in joy at their televisions, daring to hope that the 27-year-old would be the latest from Warroad to bring home Olympic gold. Warroad, a town of fewer than 2,000 people that's six miles south of the Canadian border, has the Midas touch no U.S. men's team has ever won a gold medal without having a Warroad player on its roster.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/15/oshie-warroad-home-town_n_4795372.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 26 of 56

Jump to: