Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:
It took a long time, but Flip is back. He never should have been ousted in the first place, but all's well that ends well. Even though he won't be coaching (which is fine), but at least there will now be someone with a better chance at not screwing up a draft.

You don't like having numerous top 10 picks iwht nothing to show?

I think they should deal Love, if the price is right. he's Harvin.....

From Bob Stein to Kevin McHale to David Kahn, the Wolves have had the worst people in charge of drafting as anyone in sports.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:
It took a long time, but Flip is back. He never should have been ousted in the first place, but all's well that ends well. Even though he won't be coaching (which is fine), but at least there will now be someone with a better chance at not screwing up a draft.

Please do not compare Love to Harvin. Really the only thing they have in common is that they were both hurt this year. Love is not a "high maitenance" player like Harvin has been said to be; he was simply alienated by Kahn and questioned the teams direction. Now he never should have went public with his comments but he admitted that was a mistake.
Harvin never was alienated by Spileman, Frazier or anyone else in the organization, quite the opposite actually. Love has always been known as a team player; whereas it was becoming increasingly obvious that if Harvin stuck around he was going to become a cancer in the locker room.

Love is the best power forward in the league when healthy and is still just 24 years old. I have no doubt in my mind that the Flip hiring will make him happy and he reportedly loves Adelman as a coach; I see no reason why we would ever consider trading him. Him, Rubio, and Pek are the strongest young core that the Wolves have had in years. Add in Chase Budinger, Derrick Williams, and a top draft pick this year and this team is playoff-caliber when healthy.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Please do not compare Love to Harvin. Really the only thing they have in common is that they were both hurt this year. Love is not a "high maitenance" player like Harvin has been said to be; he was simply alienated by Kahn and questioned the teams direction. Now he never should have went public with his comments but he admitted that was a mistake.
Harvin never was alienated by Spileman, Frazier or anyone else in the organization, quite the opposite actually. Love has always been known as a team player; whereas it was becoming increasingly obvious that if Harvin stuck around he was going to become a cancer in the locker room.

Love is the best power forward in the league when healthy and is still just 24 years old. I have no doubt in my mind that the Flip hiring will make him happy and he reportedly loves Adelman as a coach; I see no reason why we would ever consider trading him. Him, Rubio, and Pek are the strongest young core that the Wolves have had in years. Add in Chase Budinger, Derrick Williams, and a top draft pick this year and this team is playoff-caliber when healthy.
they still need a legit shooting gaurd. A mid 40% 3 pts shooter that can create his own shot. That, youth, and health are whats holding this team back.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, maybe he's Darren Nelson (with more talent).
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
KeystoneViking wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:

they still need a legit shooting gaurd. A mid 40% 3 pts shooter that can create his own shot. That, youth, and health are whats holding this team back.

I agree, though I don't think being able to create your own shot is that important with Rubio at the point. CJ McColum, in my opinion, is a perfect fit for this team at the 2 guard

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Fair enough, maybe he's Darren Nelson (with more talent).

Ha I suppose that may be a bit closer. Though I don't believe Love is the diva that the media and fans make him out to be. He just had one angry rant to yahoo sports; I think the fans will forgive him once he goes out next year and starts posting MVP-caliber numbers again.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Love is much happier with Kahn having been forced out.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm sure Love is much happier with Kahn having been forced out.

Hope he's happier.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Wild's chances of evening the series tomorrow night. They need to keep up that physical play and not be so passive like they were at the end of the 3rd yesterday.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready for the Wild game tonight.

Twins game was disappointing in the end last night, I'm glad I stayed up to watch it. Laughing But the Wild game should be very intense, if we win, we have to have a good amount of confidence going forward.

Klomp

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Vikings-Welcome-Connor-Cosgrove-To-Winter-Park/b430a884-4155-495b-9f30-b1b647e6295d
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I'm ready for the Wild game tonight.

Twins game was disappointing in the end last night, I'm glad I stayed up to watch it. Laughing But the Wild game should be very intense, if we win, we have to have a good amount of confidence going forward.

I agree, getting this win gives us one more game for sure at the X!! Anybody's series going back to Chicago at 2-2, and we would have to momentum.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Twins had a little offense going last night, that was an entertaining game, higher scoring than some Ravens v. Steelers games.

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins have exceeded my expectations thus far this year by hovering around .500

On a Twins related note, Joe Mauer is now the active leader in careers batting average.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Twins have exceeded my expectations thus far this year by hovering around .500

On a Twins related note, Joe Mauer is now the active leader in careers batting average.

Mauer gets a lot of grief in this town, but he's one of the best baseball players ever. If he can keep this up 4-5 more years, he's a HoF for sure.

As for the team, much better than I expected, but I have a really bad feeling about the starting pitching right now....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 15 of 56

Jump to: