Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: The All-Encompassing Minnesota Sports Thread Reply with quote

The purpose of this thread is to give us a place to talk about the other sports teams in Minnesota. They can be professional or college teams. I will keep a running score-tracker/record-tracker in the second post of this thread and will include anything you guys find pertinent.

For now, I'll include information about the Wild, Wolves, and Twins.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota Wild
Season Over - Lost in 5 games to Chicago

Minnesota Timberwolves
Season Over - No Playoffs

Minnesota Twins
18-22

Next Series: vs. IL Play @ Atlanta

Last edited by rpmwr19 on Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 20 times in total
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky Rubio is a special player. I can only hope that the Wolves find a way to surround him with a great post player to help maximize his potential. Ideally, Derrick Williams becomes that player and although he is has looked a lot better this season I have my doubts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I'm guessing you're not a K-Love fan? I know he has been kind of a diva this year but c'mon, he is the best power forward in the league and has shown the ability to put a team on his back. I will be so upset if we trade him, he is so young and is going to keep improving with is work ethic.

I agree with you on Rubio, though, I have his jersey and hope he is a T-Wolf for life; he will drastically improve his shot by next year too, mark my words.

I like D-Will, but he is a tweener and at this point I think it's safe to say that he is not what we though he was. That said, I think he can be a very good role player off the bench playing 15-20 minutes a game and I hope he can embrace that roll.

Other notes: I love Shved, he and Rubio will be an electrifying backcourt for years to come....we have to do everything we can to resign Pek this year, he's a machinge....Brandon Roy was one of Kahn's biggest mistakes as GM....We need to trade Ridnour right now because he is so average and is only taking playing time away from Shved.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeystoneViking wrote:
^^^ I'm guessing you're not a K-Love fan? I know he has been kind of a diva this year but c'mon, he is the best power forward in the league and has shown the ability to put a team on his back. I will be so upset if we trade him, he is so young and is going to keep improving with is work ethic.

I agree with you on Rubio, though, I have his jersey and hope he is a T-Wolf for life; he will drastically improve his shot by next year too, mark my words.

I like D-Will, but he is a tweener and at this point I think it's safe to say that he is not what we though he was. That said, I think he can be a very good role player off the bench playing 15-20 minutes a game and I hope he can embrace that roll.

Other notes: I love Shved, he and Rubio will be an electrifying backcourt for years to come....we have to do everything we can to resign Pek this year, he's a machinge....Brandon Roy was one of Kahn's biggest mistakes as GM....We need to trade Ridnour right now because he is so average and is only taking playing time away from Shved.

Honestly, I forgot about Love for a second. Probably, because it's been awhile since we've seen Rubio and Love on the court together. I can't wait to see the two at 100%.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

understandable, it's been such a disappointing year; this was the year the drought was supposed to end. Oh well, at least we will get a high draft pick who could be the final piece to the puzzle.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loserville. Sad

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Ricky Rubio is a special player. I can only hope that the Wolves find a way to surround him with a great post player to help maximize his potential. Ideally, Derrick Williams becomes that player and although he is has looked a lot better this season I have my doubts.

Williams is almost definitely going to be traded this offseason. Unfortunate, but not a huge loss since the Wolves have (arguably) the best PF in the NBA in Kevin Love and a very good backup in Dante Cunningham.

Really, the Wolves' only big roster weaknesses are a starting SG role-player (similar to OKC's Thabo Sefalosha or San Antonio's Danny Green) and a better backup C.

Pekovic/ Backup C (Chris Johnson maybe?)
Love/ Cunningham
Kirilenko/ Budinger
SG/ Shved (in the Manu/Harden super sub role)
Rubio/ Ridnour

... is actually a really good roster if it's healthy.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea for a thread! i don't follow any of these teams but a lot of guys do. smart idea!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Nzd07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota Golden Gophers Basketball

17-8; next game vs Iowa - 2/17 1:00 PM (CT) on BTN

College basketball is my 2nd favorite sport. Can't wait till March Madness!

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Adopt a T-Wolf: Ricky Rubio APG: 9.6 SPG: 3.09 RPG: 4.8
Mattwaukee wrote:
If I'm taking players for next year I'm taking Cobb over anyone not named Johnson.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a great idea indeed! It is to bad that Love got hurt, I was excited for the Wolves this season. I think they had a shot at a 4-5 seed in the playoffs, injuries will do that.

The Wild have been intersting thus far. I realize they need time to gel and accustomed to each other. Hopefully they start clicking right around the playoffs.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Twins thread in the baseball forum that would love some attention too. There is a Packer fan and a Saints fan whose loyalty in baseball resides in the Twins and they post there often.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be heading to the Wild game tonight; I'm excited that two more of our young prospects are getting a look with the big club.

Johan Larsson - C/W

Jason Zucker - LW

The Wild currently have five players under the age of 22 with the team.

D - Jonas Brodin [19]
F - Mikael Granlund [20]
F - Johan Larsson [20]
F - Jason Zucker [21]
G - Darcy Kuemper [22]

F - Charlie Coyle had a six game stint with the team earlier this year as well, and he's also 20 years old. The future of this team looks very bright.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone follow Division II sports at all?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Anyone follow Division II sports at all?

Followed the MNSU - Maverick football team this year during their playoff run and undefeated season.

Could just be because I'm a student here. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: