Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers fans..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most likely pick at 17
Alec Ogletree LB, Georgia
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Barkevious Mingo DE, LSU
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Dion Jordan DE/OLB, Oregon
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
John Jenkins NT, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jesse Williams NT, Alabama
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Other? Comment
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Ogletree just got nailed for a DUI. This is the latest of many issues he's had. I think it's safe to cross him off the list

With the 21st pick in the NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
Ogletree just got nailed for a DUI. This is the latest of many issues he's had. I think it's safe to cross him off the list

Ta'amu, Rainey...

...this is Pot, calling Kettle...Over...

We're living in a glass house as of late. May not want to start casting stones quite yet!

Brick wall

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Tree but due to Taamu and Ainey and alcohol, I feel he will not be our pic. I dont like any WR in the 1st so Im going for an impact player just cant remember his name. Larry Warford, Guard from Kentucky is my pick.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Ta'amu, Rainey...

We're living in a glass house as of late. May not want to start casting stones quite yet!

Brick wall

They shipped Rainey out of town pretty fast. And Ta'amu probably has no future with this team. Having a couple of problem players isn't half as embarrassing as the Bengals having like 20 players arrested that one season. On top of continuing to sign problem players.

Steelers will give somebody with a past a chance. If they want to blow that chance, it's up to them. After what they did to Santonio Holmes I think they made it pretty clear they'll get rid of anybody who wants their personal life to overshadow the field.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Ta'amu, Rainey...

Brick wall

Not that I completely disagree, but the Bengals have done it for years and draft guys that are widely noted for having off field issues.

Some Steelers players have had their issues, but we dont normally draft known headcases like that. Sure, Rainey and Ta'amu had their things in the past, but nothing serious and no pattern. Neither were known for their character issues.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals have drafted high risk/reward players in the 1st round for years. They have also drafted in the top half of the league for many years.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Ta'amu, Rainey...

Brick wall

Not that I completely disagree, but the Bengals have done it for years and draft guys that are widely noted for having off field issues.

Some Steelers players have had their issues, but we dont normally draft known headcases like that. Sure, Rainey and Ta'amu had their things in the past, but nothing serious and no pattern. Neither were known for their character issues.

Agreed...just pointing out that we've been less than perfect as of late...

...then you add in Santonio and Ben...whether actual or not, the perception is there. Then we also took a chance on Adams, and while so far he's been clean, it's not like a chance wasn't taken. Then w/ Mendy's antics a couple of years back, Steeler's players seem to be getting press for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway, yes, I can't see them taking a chance on Ogletree, and the Bengals might, so I get the point that was being made.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Ta'amu, Rainey...

Brick wall

1st rounder vs. 4th and 5th rounder? Besides, Ta'amu had almost nothing on his "record" of any recent note. I do agree though, we need to draft football players who are hungry to win.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kethy: Colon and Dwyer seemed pretty hungry!!! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: