Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers fans..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Most likely pick at 17
Alec Ogletree LB, Georgia
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Barkevious Mingo DE, LSU
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Dion Jordan DE/OLB, Oregon
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
John Jenkins NT, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jesse Williams NT, Alabama
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Other? Comment
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Jesse Williams. Then we'll have the youngest O and D lines. I don't think the Steelers trust Ta'amu and McLendon is a better DE.

no arguments there, but it's a shame we didn't at least find out if the Ta'amu that dominated Nebraska in the Bowl Game is the Ta'amu the Steelers drafted

Agreed, and if he's solid then we'll have 2 great run stopping NT's. Imagine how fresh they'd be going down the stretch and into the 4th quarter!!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Jesse Williams. Then we'll have the youngest O and D lines. I don't think the Steelers trust Ta'amu and McLendon is a better DE.

no arguments there, but it's a shame we didn't at least find out if the Ta'amu that dominated Nebraska in the Bowl Game is the Ta'amu the Steelers drafted

Agreed, and if he's solid then we'll have 2 great run stopping NT's. Imagine how fresh they'd be going down the stretch and into the 4th quarter!!

well, it'd be nice to be able to avoid spending a 1st round pick on a rotational 2-down defensive player
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

well, it'd be nice to be able to avoid spending a 1st round pick on a rotational 2-down defensive player

It'd also be nice not to see our run defense gashed every game too! Wink
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

It'd also be nice not to see our run defense gashed every game too! Wink
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your replies it's really been helpful.

I'm just confused. You guys were second in the league last year against the run last year.. I didn't watch many steelers games last year but it would seem as if the defense is doing it's job.. best in the league against the pass as well.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:

I'm just confused. You guys were second in the league last year against the run last year.. I didn't watch many steelers games last year but it would seem as if the defense is doing it's job.. best in the league against the pass as well.

we also got few sacks and takeaways. Clark and Polamalu are gonna retire in 2 or 3 years probably, Foote is 1 year away, Hampton, Harrison, and Keisel very well could be released.
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Hoping Patterson falls to 17.

If he's there at 12, I hope they go up and get him.

wha??? you don't go up to 1.12 to get a guy with a single season of erratic production and inconsistent hands when you have a boatload of holes throughout your starting lineup on both sides of the ball.

Lordie. I like Cordarelle Patterson but moving up to 1.12 to get him???

Yep. 100% no brainer.

No guts, no glory sarge.

I absolutely move for a game changing weapon like Patterson. Perfect fit for Haleys RAC based game. Dez Bryant and Percy Harvin rolled into one package.

He fits the biggest of those holes to a T and the cost to move to 12 is what? Our 3rd? If thats it so be it.

Worked out pretty damn good for the Falcons and would cost us a whole lot less for close to the same return.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Dook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:

For the past couple of years we've had good defenses, best in the NFL, but there have been games where we were up late in the game and the other team needed to go down the field and score a TD to win it and they just dink and dunked us to death and won the game.

Our defense has to get pressure on the QB for us to win tough games, all that other stuff helps and looks good on paper but it doesn't stop a good QB.
Dook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:

wha??? you don't go up to 1.12 to get a guy with a single season of erratic production and inconsistent hands when you have a boatload of holes throughout your starting lineup on both sides of the ball.

Yep. 100% no brainer.

No guts, no glory sarge.

I absolutely move for a game changing weapon like Patterson. Perfect fit for Haleys RAC based game. Dez Bryant and Percy Harvin rolled into one package.

He fits the biggest of those holes to a T and the cost to move to 12 is what? Our 3rd? If thats it so be it.

Worked out pretty damn good for the Falcons and would cost us a whole lot less for close to the same return.

Patterson is not Julio Jones.
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Yep. 100% no brainer.

No guts, no glory sarge.

Patterson is not Julio Jones.

Nope, but he's damn close (that's why I said "close to the same return" rather than the "same return" above...funny how that language thing works).

Which is the only reason we may have a shot at him be it at 12 or 17.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.
"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."

I think it will become apparent post combine and leading up to April just how special this kid can be. There's some risk for sure, but damn...if he hits he's a rare talent that would come at a bargain price.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
jcm412

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really surprised by all the votes for Teo. Really, after the national championship game and then the hoax?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Yep. 100% no brainer.

I agree. Moving up to 1.12 from 1.17 would definitely mean we had no brains.
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Yep. 100% no brainer.

Laughing

You are a classic Sarge.

One of my favorites for sure.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Yep. 100% no brainer.

Laughing

You are a classic Sarge.

One of my favorites for sure.

*salute* Smile
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree just got nailed for a DUI. This is the latest of many issues he's had. I think it's safe to cross him off the list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: