Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric's Pre-Combine mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Eric's Pre-Combine mock Reply with quote

Resigned:
J Brinkley - 1 year, 2 million
J. Felton - 3 years, 7.5 million
J. Sanford 3 years, 6 million
A. Jefferson - 1 year, 1.5 million
P. Loadholt - 5 years, 30 million
J. Simpson - 1 year, 1 million

Not resigned/cut:

M. Jenkins
D. Aromashodu
B. Burton
S. Burton
A. Sendejo
M. Sherels
E. Henderson
M. Asiata
J. Berger

Restructured/Extended:
Jared Allen
Kevin Williams

Free Agency:

The Vikings sign G Louis Vasquez to a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal.
Vasquez was a force last year for the Chargers and they make the mistake of letting him hit the market. Louis comes to Minny to block for the best RB in the league, as well as next to up and coming LT Matt Kalil. Vasquez played RG for the Chargers last year, but ideally fits at LG. He excells in pass blocking, which will also help Ponder.

The Vikings sign S LaRon Landry to a 3 year, 18 million dollar deal.
LaRon played surprisingly well last year for the Jets after coming off of that injury that ruined his Washington tenure. He is a BIG hitter, who has a ton of range. Looking back at his injuries, we decide to give him just a 3 year deal to see if he can stay healthy and keep up the good play. He and Harrison Smith will make for one of the most physical S tandems in all the NFL.

THE NFL DRAFT:

1. The Minnesota Vikings select.... Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Kawann is just a beast when it comes to pass rushing, and he will get alot of playing time as a rookie both at UT and the nose. He is a rare athlete for his size, and has excellent burst and quickness off the line. He will be taking over for K.Will maybe even as soon as this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0_ueLOWGdU

TRADE: THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS TRADE WR, PERCY HARVIN AND THEIR 7TH ROUND SELECTION TO THE MIAMI DOLPHINS IN EXCHANGE FOR 2ND AND 4TH ROUND DRAFT SELECTIONS.

2A. The Minnesota Vikings select.... Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
The Vikings realize that they lost an electric, versitile playmaker in trading Harvin. So they decide to bring in another one, who is just as explosive and probably faster. Austin is a straight out baller, he can make plays all over the field (much like Percy did). He can flat out fly, and flat out make you miss. Sure we have Jarius Wright, but i see Wright playing more on the outside as he runs terrific routes. Tavon will step in immediately and contribute in all the ways Percy did. I think he can play on the outside if need be, but his size will make it challenging.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb_gTOCuwek&feature=youtu.be

2B. The Minnesota Vikings select.... Quinton Patton WR , Louisiana Tech
A player that they coveted throughout the whole process, and they get him. Patton is a silky smooth WR, who will get by on his route running and body control. He could certainly be selected earlier than this, but he doesnt have the elite speed size or quickness that make teams giddy. I think he will be a day 1 starter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOC2hKV7iM

TRADE: THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS TRADE THEIR 3RD ROUND PICK AS WELL AS THEIR 4TH ROUND PICK (from Lions) TO THE TITANS TO MOVE UP 13 SPOTS IN THE 3RD ROUND.

3. The Minnesota Vikings select... Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
We all know about Arthur, he is small but he is an amazing player. Very instinctive and sound with his play. I believe his best fit would be WLB, but i think Singeltary could coach him up to play MLB. He would come in and start day 1 opposite Chad Greenway, and be a 3 down LB staying out in nickel formations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-T1T3YuyNY

4. The Minnesota Vikings.... Tharold Simon CB, LSU
Simon is a player with alot of potential, he is a H-W-S player. But is still very raw, and needs alot of work. He will probably be #4-5 guy as a rookie, competing with Jefferson for snaps at the dime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTMQLZ4G9-w

5. The Minnesota Vikings select.... Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
Matt is an extremely athletic QB who has some arm talent. He has a quick release, and is pretty accurate with the ball. He will come in and compete with Joe Webb for that primary backup spot to C. Ponder. And if Ponder ends up stinking to high hell, we can give this kid a shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vkGTV0xxo

6. The Minnesota Vikings select.... Omoregie Uzzi, G/C, GT
Uzzi is a versitale backup that can back up the interior as Berger has done for us these past few years. If he surprises in camp, Fusco could get a run for his money at RG.

7. The Minnesota Vikings select.... Theo Riddick, RB, ND
Another golden domer, will compete with Asiata for that #3 spot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyYxih4kaU

Depth Chart:

Offense:
QB: Ponder, Scott, Webb
RB: Peterson, Gerhart, Riddick
FB: Felton
WR: Patton, Simpson, Austin, Wright
TE: Rudoplh, Carlson, Reisner
LT: Kalil, Love
LG: Vasquez, Johnson
C: Sullivan, Uzzi
RG: Fusco, Uzzi
RT: Loadholt, Love

Defense:

LDE: Robison, Griffen
NT: Evans, Guion
UT: Short, Willams
RDE: Allen, Griffen
WOLB: Brown, Dean
MLB: Brinkley, Cole
SOLB: Greenway, McKinzie
CB: Cook, Robinson, Winfield, Simon, Jefferson
FS: Smith, Sanford
SS: Landry, Raymond

K: Walsh
P: Kluwe

KR: Austin, Wright
PR: Wright, Austin

#ManzieltoMinnesota

Last edited by Eric dunn on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW i do believe Floyd, Richardson, and of course Star will be gone by our pick. And i have Short rated ahead of Jenkins and Hankins.

#ManzieltoMinnesota
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do trade Percy, I could live with Patton/Austin. I do like Short but not with our 1st, I think he could slide to the 2nd with the depth of the position. Would love Brown in the 3rd but I donít think he falls that far. Like the idea of taking a developmental CB in the 4th. If we draft Scott Iím getting rid of Webb, I think MBT offers more promise as a true QB than Webb. Would really like to address the guard position earlier, we need to invest in the position to see the results everyone wants. Are you assuming Riddick wins the RB3 spot?
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
If we do trade Percy, I could live with Patton/Austin. I do like Short but not with our 1st, I think he could slide to the 2nd with the depth of the position. Would love Brown in the 3rd but I donít think he falls that far. Like the idea of taking a developmental CB in the 4th. If we draft Scott Iím getting rid of Webb, I think MBT offers more promise as a true QB than Webb. Would really like to address the guard position earlier, we need to invest in the position to see the results everyone wants. Are you assuming Riddick wins the RB3 spot?

Latest read on Short. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131287/kawann-short

And as far as Brown, he could very well slip. Unless he runs a crazy 40 and measures bigger than expected. With his size, its easy to assume he will often get washed out against the run in the NFL. Which isnt good. IMO he will be somewhere in that late 2nd to early 3rd range.

And i dont think cutting Webb does any justice, he is a good QB to have to come in during a game and change the pace up. Obviously he's not starting material. But he has shown the ability to come in and make some plays with his legs. Which is more than i can say for MBT.

Yes i would assume that Riddick would beat out Asiata, if he can learn to play ST.

#ManzieltoMinnesota
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough on Short. I guess I wouldnít mind in the 1st, ideally I think you try and trade back a few spots then and land him. Brown would not fall to OUR pick in the 3rd. I hear LaVonte Davidís name being thrown around with his, his size is a concern, but if he falls good for us!!! We will just have to disagree about Webb. What are your thoughts on Gerhart, does he leave after next season? Then Riddick would assume RB2 and were looking for RB3 in 2014 (I realize itís a 7th rounder) just food for thought.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
Fair enough on Short. I guess I wouldnít mind in the 1st, ideally I think you try and trade back a few spots then and land him. Brown would not fall to OUR pick in the 3rd. I hear LaVonte Davidís name being thrown around with his, his size is a concern, but if he falls good for us!!! We will just have to disagree about Webb. What are your thoughts on Gerhart, does he leave after next season? Then Riddick would assume RB2 and were looking for RB3 in 2014 (I realize itís a 7th rounder) just food for thought.

At first i wasnt that high on Short, but after reading up and watching alot of film of him i really like him. He can really bring the heat, as well as clog uo lanes with his size.

As for Gerhart, i dont think he will be back. He hasnt really lived up to the hype that 2nd round pick should. He is a solid player, but nothing spectacular. If anything, the Vikings offer him a lowball offer and hope he takes it. I would also think he'd like to explore other options, since he really has a minimal role with AD on the team. Then yeah, Riddick would be up there to compete for that #2 spot in 2014.

#ManzieltoMinnesota
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have me liking Short a little more now. I didn't realize he was that big, 6'3" and 310 ish is a nice size DT. I would agree about Toby, he could start for some teams in the league and i think he deserves that chance.

**Just curious where does everyone watch their "film" of prospects??
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
You may have me liking Short a little more now. I didn't realize he was that big, 6'3" and 310 ish is a nice size DT. I would agree about Toby, he could start for some teams in the league and i think he deserves that chance.

Well i keep a close eye on college football, and usually you can find alot of videos of higher profile prospects on youtube. I watch as many highlights/lowlights of as many prospects as possible to get a good idea of who i like.

Im sure there are other places to watch prospects.

#ManzieltoMinnesota
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of being so reliant on rookie receivers. If we trade Harvin I think we need to sign a veteran. Also, I don't think I'd resign Sanford if we're going to sign Landry as a FA.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
I don't like the idea of being so reliant on rookie receivers. If we trade Harvin I think we need to sign a veteran. Also, I don't think I'd resign Sanford if we're going to sign Landry as a FA.

Well here's my deal. If were going to dish out 9-10mil a year to a WR, then it better be Percy Harvin. Because he is better than anyone available, and he would be worth the contract. But if they are intent on trading him, then id say you invest that money elsewhere. And bring in fresh talent at WR.

To me Jennings and Wallace are the only FA WRs id consider that would make a substantial difference. But like i said, with all the money were gonna be paying one of them. We might as well pay Percy.

As far as Sanford, he will come cheap and he is probably the best ST player we have. As far as coverage unit, and to me you dont let that go. Besides, Landry has been known for getting hurt.

#ManzieltoMinnesota
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:

Go to YouTube and search: "John Doe vs" (replace John Doe with a prospect) and there will be cut-ups, not highlights, of most top prospects.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point about Sanford on ST but I still disagree on the receiver situation. I don't like going into the draft that desperate at one position, it takes away the ability to go BPA.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't take away the ability to go BPA. I would agree that it may make it more likely that we elevate a player due to need.

We needed wide receivers last year and we didn't take any until the 4th round. I trust Spielman and his guys to continue drafting BPA, and elevating positions of need if player grades are similar.
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say if we trade Harvin and don't sign any FA receivers, we'll need to draft at least 2 and they'll have to be able to play right away. That probably means 2 in the first 4 rounds. That takes away a lot of flexibility to go BPA.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure conjecture.

This isn't going to be a one year fix. We may very well draft two receivers in the first four rounds and what's wrong with that if that ends up being best player available? What else is so pressing that we HAVE to take one in the fourth round?

We don't NEED to add two starters at receiver this year. If we can add one this year we can get by in this offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: