Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Odrick Rumor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Odrick Rumor Reply with quote

I was looking at Walter footballs mock and he has is taking Sharif Floyd in the first now. It said that Starks may walk which we all have spoke about. But he also says the Miami Herald stated we are trying to trade Odrick. Anyone see this article? I did not.

And if we let two D lineman go we create another hole which I would not like.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Odrick Rumor Reply with quote

MiaDolphan13 wrote:
he also says the Miami Herald stated we are trying to trade Odrick. Anyone see this article? I did not.

Haven't heard that one. IF true, maybe management feels confident in locking up Tony McDaniel and comfortable with his play as a starting DT?
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could understand it if we resign Starks but otherwise doesn't make sense to me. I feel Odrick is best suited for a 3-4 end and would be appealing to a number of teams.

What value would we be looking for? 2nd I suspect.

^^^Kempes^^^
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald speculating because Odrick doesn't fit at DE in a 4-3 scheme.

At this point in time nothing has been served up by the Dolphins as a trade possibility.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want him moved inside b/c he can provide pressure from the inside and get in the backfield.

He was def out of position as a 43 end I agree with that. But trading him I do not think is smart.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
That was Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald speculating because Odrick doesn't fit at DE in a 4-3 scheme.

At this point in time nothing has been served up by the Dolphins as a trade possibility.

Yep, that post was pure speculation on his part, and I disagree with it totally.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

correct.. as to A.S. speculating.. but IMO Odrick fits in a 4-3 as a DT .. which is what he played at Penn St.. I belive it would be a huge mistake to get rid of him
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to play the 3 tech. I doubt he is traded.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree or disagree, the model Philbin and Ireland seem to have adopted for the rebuild of the Dolphins is a total gutting of the team, with "scheme and fit" trumping consideration of talent. They've demonstrated a willingness to take less than what was spent to acquire talent in exchange for more opportunity to put their scheme, and players who fit that scheme, in place more quickly.

Sending Odrick packing in return for picks that are of less value than what was used to acquire Odrick, fits what they've done so far. Odrick doesn't fit the 4-3 as well as he does for the 3-4. Could he play in the 4-3? Yes. Could he play well? I think so. However, clearly Philbin and Ireland are more concerned with getting their scheme and that scheme's players in place more quickly.

If Odrick were to leave, it will be the 3rd 1st round pick out of 5 made during the Ireland era that will be sent packing since Philbin came aboard (assuming Long is not retained). Until now, many Ireland supporters when trying to minimize the lack of success he's had in the 2nd round as GM, point to his "successes" in the 1st round. Whether or not Odrick is traded or not, he's not a blue chip. He's a solid, but unspectacular starter who no longer fits the teams scheme so well.

I don't discount this as a possibility. Odrick's low salary should be massively appealing to teams wanting to add talent, but not have huge cap hits. Trading him now makes sense. We waited too long with Jake Long, and while I don't agree with the way we are rebuilding, I acknowledge what the Dolphins are trying to do, and this move would fit into their approach.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont trust Armando. Rarely gets his facts right, writes anything he hears. Odrick likely wont be traded especially if we dont resign Randy
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odrick could be a 10+ sack guy if they put him at the UT position next to Soliai.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't make sense as Odrick had a very productive career in college playing on the inside of the 4-3, so there is no reason to think that he could not with the Fins there as well. I am fine with letting Starks walk and moving Odrick inside as he will just be a younger version of Starks which is perfect.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: