Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who do you feel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
At this moment, which happens to be VERY early in my draft preparation, Im going with Florida DT Sharrif Floyd or North Carolina DT Sylvester Williams.

Im trying to find the type of DT that Elway and Fox fell in love with when they tried to trade up for Nick Fairley. Im looking for a big bodied guy with good initial quickness, knack for the football, and a high motor.

Depending on who you believe, Sharrif Floyd will be long gone by the time we pick. Personally, I believe that Sylvester Williams is a good option, but I wouldn't rule out John Jenkins or Jesse Williams to give us a big run plugger in the middle.

Not to mention, if we kick Wolfe inside and have Ayers/Hunter across from Dumervil, that may make for a very much improved rush defense.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
At this moment, which happens to be VERY early in my draft preparation, Im going with Florida DT Sharrif Floyd or North Carolina DT Sylvester Williams.

Im trying to find the type of DT that Elway and Fox fell in love with when they tried to trade up for Nick Fairley. Im looking for a big bodied guy with good initial quickness, knack for the football, and a high motor.

Depending on who you believe, Sharrif Floyd will be long gone by the time we pick. Personally, I believe that Sylvester Williams is a good option, but I wouldn't rule out John Jenkins or Jesse Williams to give us a big run plugger in the middle.

Not to mention, if we kick Wolfe inside and have Ayers/Hunter across from Dumervil, that may make for a very much improved rush defense.

Ive read this about Sharrif Floyd too. I have him around mid-1. If history proves itself, Elway wont have a problem trading up for a DT he falls in love with. Trading a mid-round pick to move up a couple spots and grab Floyd is fine by me. Hes got everything you want at the DT position.

I cannot stand the thought of Jesse Williams anywhere near the 1st round. Hes a 3rd round pick in my book. A one-trick pony. Cant stand it.

John Jenkins is an interesting prospect. He looks so good sometimes (fights for position, uses his strength to anchor his man, strong use of his hands, recognizes plays) then others he looks like a tackling sled. I just wish he was more consistent. You get a guy thats an unstoppable force, at times, and a guy that is just a practice-squad dummy.

I will say this... John Fox loves to have a guy that can anchor the line (i.e. Kris Jenkins in CAR).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Ive read this about Sharrif Floyd too. I have him around mid-1. If history proves itself, Elway wont have a problem trading up for a DT he falls in love with. Trading a mid-round pick to move up a couple spots and grab Floyd is fine by me. Hes got everything you want at the DT position.

I cannot stand the thought of Jesse Williams anywhere near the 1st round. Hes a 3rd round pick in my book. A one-trick pony. Cant stand it.

John Jenkins is an interesting prospect. He looks so good sometimes (fights for position, uses his strength to anchor his man, strong use of his hands, recognizes plays) then others he looks like a tackling sled. I just wish he was more consistent. You get a guy thats an unstoppable force, at times, and a guy that is just a practice-squad dummy.

I will say this... John Fox loves to have a guy that can anchor the line (i.e. Kris Jenkins in CAR).

Doubt you have to worry about a guy like Jesse Williams, or any immobile DT's who are anchors in the first round with no pass rush ability. Those guys can be found later, and developed.

It's very clear Elway puts a premium on pass rush, and if he's going to use a premium pick on a DT, they're going to be able to get at the QB, as well as be a big body to help vs the run - e.g. our interest in Fairley, picking Wolfe.

There's talk of Sharrif Floyd going before Star. So cross him off the board, we're not trading up that high.

Kawann Short is a possibility. We say his motor runs hot and cold, it does. But that's really all we can come up wtih as knocks on him. He's a freak at 320 with feet that quick. He's got all the college production you can ask for. We almost traded up for Fairley, who had a helluva lot more questions coming out than Short does, yet they offer a similar game. Might be too soon to disregard Short. I'd love the pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Denver will draft MSU RB Le'Veon Bell, 6'2 240. It has been rumored that the Broncos are in the market for a power back. Bell makes sense at the end of Round 2. Another player is T/G Brian Winters from Kent State. He played Tackle in college, but would be a better NFL Guard. He is 6'6, 305 and has a nasty streak. Denver spoke to him at the Senior Bowl and he could be on the board at the end of the 4th. Just a few I think will be on Denver's radar come draft day. Very Happy
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Broncos7. Yeah, with the emphasis on power, I'd also say Bell. Lacy and Randle, too. Lacy has received hype lately, but he needs to have a good combine. That Bama OL can be held against him. Randle will probably need to be picked in the 2nd for us to get him. Bell offers more value here.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea on the player, but without going through the offseason prior to the draft, i'm leaning toward a CB.

Elway believes it is one of the 4 most important positions in football. Rumors are that Denver is going to strongly consider Revis, and at this point the 2013 draft could provide a lot of options in the mid/late 1st at CB (Rhodes, Banks, Trufant). Factor in that Denver was reportedly asking teams about the price tag to trade up for Stephon Gilmore last year (even after adding Tracy Porter + Champ Bailey's age) and i think Denver's #1 priority will be CB.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw out another name...this comes from a decently reliable source so take it for what it's worth. This guy is very connected to draft athletes so it's worth considering.

Apparently we have been showing a TON of interest in Montee Ball. It doesn't really surprise me, and frankly I'm a big fan of Ball. I've heard that he's actually a big Broncos fan and has expressed interest to some about being a Bronco. Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I'll throw out another name...this comes from a decently reliable source so take it for what it's worth. This guy is very connected to draft athletes so it's worth considering.

Apparently we have been showing a TON of interest in Montee Ball. It doesn't really surprise me, and frankly I'm a big fan of Ball. I've heard that he's actually a big Broncos fan and has expressed interest to some about being a Bronco. Take it for what it's worth.

NAME THAT SOURCE. hahahah

My guess is your scrabble buddy Robbie Ayers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Lol he's beastly at scrabble. But he spelled villain "villian" so something doesn't add up.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Lol he's beastly at scrabble. But he spelled villain "villian" so something doesn't add up.

Wonder how it let him play that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Should've clarified, that was in his username.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Should've clarified, that was in his username.

ooh lol... fast typer maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

This is why I love this site! Now I have to read more about him. Smile

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Im not a fan of Ball. Well let me rephrase that, Im not interested in him at the NFL level. Hes a heck of a college player but he carries A LOT of "wear on those tires". Hes got almost 1,000 carries in 4 years of college. That beating he took in college knocks at least 3 years off his NFL life. If this were the 80's and 90's, he'd be a 1st-rounder though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest gut feeling I have had and I know that this was brought on by a lot of guys in the forum:

Was Josh Barrett who really turned out to do nothing...and we all had such high hopes.

This year I don't have that gut feeling yet, but we also usually get these sentiments heavy the day before the draft (see Von Miller or Brock Osweiler).

What I know is this: If this fake girlfriend issue or anything else about Manti Te'o causes him to fall in the draft I HOPE TO GOD we get him;

I am sick of passing on players (especially evident in the MLB spot) for any reason other than lack of production in college. The bottom line is no matter your 40, your hips, your anything guys who produce in the NFL, produced in college (see Vontaze Burflict or Brandon Spikes). If Te'o falls I HOPE we get him.

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: