Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post-Charles Woodson Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Post-Charles Woodson Mock Reply with quote

So I looked at nfl.com's draft site and they think Green Bay is a top 5 fit for Manti Te'o; the reason I don't fool around with online dating. Bucky Brooks thinks we take him at 26...

All joking aside, there were a few things I though were interesting about the mocks on that site, one including Swearinger going at 32 to Baltimore to replace Ed Reed...

Anyway. Here's my latest mock. I think we get a 5th and a 6th round comp. Take, bake, and eat.

1. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
2. DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
3. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincy
4. Dwayne Gratz, CB, UConn
5. David Bass, OLB, Missouri Western
5(comp). Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
6. Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia
6(comp). Corey Fuller, WR, Va. Tech
7. Micah Hyde, S/CB, Iowa

Notable RFA: Demetrius McCray, CB, App. St; Matthew Tucker, RB, TCU; Baker Steinkuhler, DE, Nebraska
KingCobb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love a D-Line roto of Raji-Pickett-Williams-Neal-Taylor-Geathers-Wilson although once Worthy comes back from that knee there is a potential logjam. Would wonder if Taylor and Geathers' potential would outweigh the fairly average consistency of Wilson...

I like myself some Cyprien or Jefferson at safety right now but I can't say I would be upset with Swearinger there...

Don't mind the slot for Kelce, like the mold there as well. Brings something a bit more complete to the TE unit...

I maybe look for a thumper type ILB or a WR in the middle round instead of going with a CB, but with no Woodson around I can see the logic...

Rest I am impartial on.

I'd be cool with this, mainly because or base front seven would be looking SEXY against some of the more physical teams: Williams-Raji-Pickett with a healthy Bish and Perry back. Yes preez.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind Williams in the first at all.

Quick questions, are you the NC Packer fan from a long time ago just with a different account? We used to have a guy on here with a similar SN and I was just wonderin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You went real heavy on the DLine. 2NT types and a DE. Very overkill. Let's say worse case scenario, Worthy doesn't play next season (highly unlikely). We have:

Raji
Pickett
Wilson
Neal
Daniels
Miller

Then you add
Williams
Geathers
Taylor

That's 9 DL. Miller probably doesn't get kept. That's still 2 more DLine than we carried for most of last season. Seems like one is a wasted pick.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
packattack86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a RB taken, and WR should be taken higher instead of a CB imo. Williams would be a solid NT tho.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Wouldn't mind Williams in the first at all.

Quick questions, are you the NC Packer fan from a long time ago just with a different account? We used to have a guy on here with a similar SN and I was just wonderin

No. I came over from the ESPN and CBS boards. I had had enough of the epic schlock there. With ESPN in particular it's like discussing football with a bunch of 14 year olds over there. You say something they disagree with and automatically you're a troll and know nothing about football. I went by a different name over there. A lot of others have come here from there.

I don't like Cyprien at all. He plays too much like Peprah. Someone stuck up a video of his game against Louisville. He had 3 good plays, got called for a helmet-to-helmet hit on an insanely boneheaded play. He couldn't wrap up, he got burnt several times. It was like watching Slowpoke Williams' game against both Minnesota(wk 17) and the playoff loss. Horrible.

I can see the logjam on the DL, but I don't think that Neal and/or Wilson will be sticking around. Pickett might be also gone as well. Taylor is a good project player at the position so we could sneak him onto the PS IMO. Williams can play both inside and out IMO. So switching out the Geathers pick. What if we went something like this?

1. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
2. DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
3. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincy
4. Dwayne Gratz, CB, UConn
5. David Bass, OLB, Missouri Western
5(comp). Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
6. Zeke Motta, FS, Notre Dame
6(comp). Corey Fuller, WR, Va. Tech
7. Stansly Maponga, OLB, TCU

Notable RFA: Demetrius McCray, CB, App. St; Matthew Tucker, RB, TCU; Baker Steinkuhler, DE, Nebraska
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
I'd like to see a RB taken, and WR should be taken higher instead of a CB imo. Williams would be a solid NT tho.

I think Harris' play negated the need for a RB. You're looking at 3 guys that we're developing, mainly Alex Green and Brandon Saine. Saine is probably the odd man out as it is right now. They're not going to give up on Green just yet and they can't stick him on the practice squad either, so then you're left with Starks, Harris, and Kuhn. Someone else had Lonnie Pryor in their draft thinking he could have a Greg Jones type of role with what Jacksonville does which would be nice. Jones was a player I was hoping to nab in that draft, but if you draft another RB, you've got him competing against 4 other guys. Who does he bump off or do we carry 5 backs.

On the other hand, if we were to dump Saine AND Starks(which is possible), we'd be looking at a backfield with Harris, Green, Kuhn, and whoever was drafted. I wouldn't be too comfortable going into the season in that scenario. If we're going to reform our backfield, I think we need to be looking at a 2-back system with Harris splitting carries with another back that's got a different running style altogether. Eddie Lacy and Cierre Wood come to mind, but I just don't see us using a pick on a RB in this draft when we've got one more year of Starks(who we could just let go after next season) and at least another year of Alex Green. Next year on the other hand...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: