Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

What makes a college player so special that he can pk & choose his own evaluation scenario...?

sug

The fact that he's in a unique scenario where:

1. His performance in the combine and pre-draft analysis events determine how well he'll be able to provide for his entire family.

2. You only get one shot to confirm your athletic reputation. Why not have it under circumstances that allow you to submit your best performance ? Players and Prospective teams should want that and they do.

3. This is not the 40/40/40 club that you and I are in. (the club where we work 40 hours a week for 40 years to retire on 40% of your income) A player is lucky if he plays out his rookie contract. He has to stretch that money for 40 years. Whatever he has to do to position himself to be in the highest standing is A.O.K. .... may suck for couch sitting popcorn vacuums (aka fans) but we'll get over it.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide Receivers : Top 10 (40 Time)

1) Goodwin, Marquise : 4.25
Texas

2) Austin, Tavon : 4.25
West Virginia

3) Stills, Kenny : 4.28
Oklahoma

4) Robinson, Denard : 4.34
Michigan

5) Wheaton, Markus : 4.34
Oregon St.

6) Patterson, Cordarrelle : 4.37
Tennessee

7) Fuller, Corey : 4.37
Virginia Tech

Cool Swope, Ryan : 4.38
Texas A&M

9) Boyce, Josh : 4.38
TCU

10) Davis, Marcus : 4.40
Virginia Tech

My man Aaron Mellette 4.47.... much better time than expected. Scouts thought he would be going 4.5 plus.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Wide Receivers : Top 10 (40 Time)

1) Goodwin, Marquise : 4.25
Texas

2) Austin, Tavon : 4.25
West Virginia

3) Stills, Kenny : 4.28
Oklahoma

4) Robinson, Denard : 4.34
Michigan

5) Wheaton, Markus : 4.34
Oregon St.

6) Patterson, Cordarrelle : 4.37
Tennessee

7) Fuller, Corey : 4.37
Virginia Tech

Cool Swope, Ryan : 4.38
Texas A&M

9) Boyce, Josh : 4.38
TCU

10) Davis, Marcus : 4.40
Virginia Tech

My man Aaron Mellette 4.47.... much better time than expected. Scouts thought he would be going 4.5 plus.

Very impressive....those guy blazed up the track today.....

I'm a little more for taking Swope....given his track Record with Tannehill and the fact he has some very good speed.

Here are the Official times...

Goodwin 4.27
Austin 4.34
Swope 4.34
Boyce 4.38
Stills 4.38
Patterson 4.42
Robinson 4.43
Fuller 4.43
Hunter 4.44
Weaton 4.45

Notables

Woods 4.51
Patton 4.53
Bailey 4.52
Hopkins 4.57

Still a very fast day....

Last edited by ViolentMonk71 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
BDog19851

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Woods looks really good in all the drills! Very smooth in his cuts and soft hands. As far as the 40 times those are all unofficial and wrong! Paterson ran 4.42, Austin ran 4.34, Swoop ran 4.34, Woods ran 4.51, Patton ran 4.53. Justin Hunter ran a surprising 4.44. Marquise Goodwin ran the fastest at 4.27.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a lot of people Lane Johnson turned heads. While I'm impressed with Johnson, I had an idea of how he would perform since he was a TE and QB.

Ryan Swope was the guy that made me look twice. I'll be honest, i saw WR from Texas A&M and just for some reason though slow and not a playmaker. Maybe low hope because of Jeff Fuller but I didn't think he would run a 4.34. So after his 40 time, i decided to look him up online. Wow an you say awesome? Not only is this kid fast, but he is a football player. 6'1 200 he has good size, runs good routes, and catches the ball with his hands. This kids fits the system obviously. His best year was under Mike Sherman at HC and Ryan Tannehill at QB.

89 rec 1207 yds and 11 tds in 2011 under Sherman and Tannehill

This year moving to the SEC he slid just slightly but he was still very productive with
72 recs 913 yds and 8 tds. Not as good but this is how it breaks down:
Akransas: 5 rec 141 yds 1 TD
LSU: 10 rec 81 yds 0 td
Auburn: 6 rec 140 yds 2td
Mississippi St: 9 121 yds 0 td
Alabama: 11 rec 111 yds 1 td
AT&T Cotton Bowl: 8 recs 104 yds and 1 td

Majority of his yards came against good teams. Very impressive to me. He is more than a route runner. If we end up with Swope and Patterson I will be happy.

I think after this combine, we may not sign Jennings or Wallace

UniversalAuthor
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
For a lot of people Lane Johnson turned heads. While I'm impressed with Johnson, I had an idea of how he would perform since he was a TE and QB.

Ryan Swope was the guy that made me look twice. I'll be honest, i saw WR from Texas A&M and just for some reason though slow and not a playmaker. Maybe low hope because of Jeff Fuller but I didn't think he would run a 4.34. So after his 40 time, i decided to look him up online. Wow an you say awesome? Not only is this kid fast, but he is a football player. 6'1 200 he has good size, runs good routes, and catches the ball with his hands. This kids fits the system obviously. His best year was under Mike Sherman at HC and Ryan Tannehill at QB.

This year moving to the SEC he slid just slightly but he was still very productive with

Majority of his yards came against good teams. Very impressive to me. He is more than a route runner. If we end up with Swope and Patterson I will be happy.

He is good football player and one of the quality's I like about him is he breaks arm tackles very well he runs like a former RB after he catches it.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been following Swope his whole career at Texas A&M, and he is simply an animal. He would be a steal for anyone who gets him outside of round 1.

He is faster than he looks, but i was blown away by his 40 time. He has a great on field relationship with Tannehill. When Tannehill became the starter mid way through the season, Swope pretty much stole the #1 WR spot away from Jeff Fuller, and kept it, he was always Tannehill's go to guy.

i think he has the chance to be a better version of Wes Welker
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Ive been following Swope his whole career at Texas A&M, and he is simply an animal. He would be a steal for anyone who gets him outside of round 1.

He is faster than he looks, but i was blown away by his 40 time. He has a great on field relationship with Tannehill. When Tannehill became the starter mid way through the season, Swope pretty much stole the #1 WR spot away from Jeff Fuller, and kept it, he was always Tannehill's go to guy.

i think he has the chance to be a better version of Wes Welker

I love the fact he is a former RB that runs with power. He stole it from Jeff Fuller and never looked back. Swope's numbers took a dip moving to the SEC but against SEC teams, he performed. 698 of his 913 yards came against LSU, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, and Oklahoma. None of these teams have slouch defenses. Both Mississippi State and Alabama have a top CB coming into the draft.

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

To piggy back on your stats...

Ryan Swope
6'0"
37 inch Vertical

and this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

To piggy back on your stats...

Ryan Swope
6'0"
37 inch Vertical

and this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8

You and I just keep helping each other out here. Laughing

I do like the fact he was recruited as a running back and he plays that way. He isn't a small fast guy, he is a fast physical guy. Just a complete football player.

UniversalAuthor
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His stats against SEC defenses caught my eye. I'm intrigued
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Exactly. My wife and I were guessing 40 times and I guessed 4.5 and so did she. When he ran a 4.34, I stopped what i was doing and looked up his info. When I saw those stats, I immediately became a fan of his.

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Exactly. My wife and I were guessing 40 times and I guessed 4.5 and so did she. When he ran a 4.34, I stopped what i was doing and looked up his info. When I saw those stats, I immediately became a fan of his.

By comparison Patterson (widely considered the #1 WR in this years draft) didn't fare as well against top compitition....

--------------------------rec----yards----TDs
Georgia--------------------2-------31
Mississippi State-----------2-------25-------1
Alabama ------------------1-------25
South Carolina-------------3-------26

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

By comparison Patterson (widely considered the #1 WR in this years draft) didn't fare as well against top compitition....

--------------------------rec----yards----TDs
Georgia--------------------2-------31
Mississippi State-----------2-------25-------1
Alabama ------------------1-------25
South Carolina-------------3-------26

It's interesting, because Swope is just as fast. A littler shorter but a better polished WR

UniversalAuthor
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Swope vs Alabama. It was probably one of the most impressive games I saw from a WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: