Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dolphinologist


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 5594
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

What makes a college player so special that he can pk & choose his own evaluation scenario...?

sug


The fact that he's in a unique scenario where:

1. His performance in the combine and pre-draft analysis events determine how well he'll be able to provide for his entire family.

2. You only get one shot to confirm your athletic reputation. Why not have it under circumstances that allow you to submit your best performance ? Players and Prospective teams should want that and they do.

3. This is not the 40/40/40 club that you and I are in. (the club where we work 40 hours a week for 40 years to retire on 40% of your income) A player is lucky if he plays out his rookie contract. He has to stretch that money for 40 years. Whatever he has to do to position himself to be in the highest standing is A.O.K. .... may suck for couch sitting popcorn vacuums (aka fans) but we'll get over it.
_________________


Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1804
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide Receivers : Top 10 (40 Time)

1) Goodwin, Marquise : 4.25
Texas

2) Austin, Tavon : 4.25
West Virginia

3) Stills, Kenny : 4.28
Oklahoma

4) Robinson, Denard : 4.34
Michigan

5) Wheaton, Markus : 4.34
Oregon St.

6) Patterson, Cordarrelle : 4.37
Tennessee

7) Fuller, Corey : 4.37
Virginia Tech

Cool Swope, Ryan : 4.38
Texas A&M

9) Boyce, Josh : 4.38
TCU

10) Davis, Marcus : 4.40
Virginia Tech

My man Aaron Mellette 4.47.... much better time than expected. Scouts thought he would be going 4.5 plus.
_________________



Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Wide Receivers : Top 10 (40 Time)

1) Goodwin, Marquise : 4.25
Texas

2) Austin, Tavon : 4.25
West Virginia

3) Stills, Kenny : 4.28
Oklahoma

4) Robinson, Denard : 4.34
Michigan

5) Wheaton, Markus : 4.34
Oregon St.

6) Patterson, Cordarrelle : 4.37
Tennessee

7) Fuller, Corey : 4.37
Virginia Tech

Cool Swope, Ryan : 4.38
Texas A&M

9) Boyce, Josh : 4.38
TCU

10) Davis, Marcus : 4.40
Virginia Tech

My man Aaron Mellette 4.47.... much better time than expected. Scouts thought he would be going 4.5 plus.


Very impressive....those guy blazed up the track today.....

I'm a little more for taking Swope....given his track Record with Tannehill and the fact he has some very good speed.

Here are the Official times...

Goodwin 4.27
Austin 4.34
Swope 4.34
Boyce 4.38
Stills 4.38
Patterson 4.42
Robinson 4.43
Fuller 4.43
Hunter 4.44
Weaton 4.45

Notables

Woods 4.51
Patton 4.53
Bailey 4.52
Hopkins 4.57

Still a very fast day....
_________________


Last edited by ViolentMonk71 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BDog19851


Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Posts: 173
Location: Sacramento
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Woods looks really good in all the drills! Very smooth in his cuts and soft hands. As far as the 40 times those are all unofficial and wrong! Paterson ran 4.42, Austin ran 4.34, Swoop ran 4.34, Woods ran 4.51, Patton ran 4.53. Justin Hunter ran a surprising 4.44. Marquise Goodwin ran the fastest at 4.27.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a lot of people Lane Johnson turned heads. While I'm impressed with Johnson, I had an idea of how he would perform since he was a TE and QB.

Ryan Swope was the guy that made me look twice. I'll be honest, i saw WR from Texas A&M and just for some reason though slow and not a playmaker. Maybe low hope because of Jeff Fuller but I didn't think he would run a 4.34. So after his 40 time, i decided to look him up online. Wow an you say awesome? Not only is this kid fast, but he is a football player. 6'1 200 he has good size, runs good routes, and catches the ball with his hands. This kids fits the system obviously. His best year was under Mike Sherman at HC and Ryan Tannehill at QB.

89 rec 1207 yds and 11 tds in 2011 under Sherman and Tannehill

This year moving to the SEC he slid just slightly but he was still very productive with
72 recs 913 yds and 8 tds. Not as good but this is how it breaks down:
Akransas: 5 rec 141 yds 1 TD
LSU: 10 rec 81 yds 0 td
Auburn: 6 rec 140 yds 2td
Mississippi St: 9 121 yds 0 td
Alabama: 11 rec 111 yds 1 td
AT&T Cotton Bowl: 8 recs 104 yds and 1 td

Majority of his yards came against good teams. Very impressive to me. He is more than a route runner. If we end up with Swope and Patterson I will be happy.

I think after this combine, we may not sign Jennings or Wallace
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1991
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
For a lot of people Lane Johnson turned heads. While I'm impressed with Johnson, I had an idea of how he would perform since he was a TE and QB.

Ryan Swope was the guy that made me look twice. I'll be honest, i saw WR from Texas A&M and just for some reason though slow and not a playmaker. Maybe low hope because of Jeff Fuller but I didn't think he would run a 4.34. So after his 40 time, i decided to look him up online. Wow an you say awesome? Not only is this kid fast, but he is a football player. 6'1 200 he has good size, runs good routes, and catches the ball with his hands. This kids fits the system obviously. His best year was under Mike Sherman at HC and Ryan Tannehill at QB.

89 rec 1207 yds and 11 tds in 2011 under Sherman and Tannehill

This year moving to the SEC he slid just slightly but he was still very productive with
72 recs 913 yds and 8 tds. Not as good but this is how it breaks down:
Akransas: 5 rec 141 yds 1 TD
LSU: 10 rec 81 yds 0 td
Auburn: 6 rec 140 yds 2td
Mississippi St: 9 121 yds 0 td
Alabama: 11 rec 111 yds 1 td
AT&T Cotton Bowl: 8 recs 104 yds and 1 td

Majority of his yards came against good teams. Very impressive to me. He is more than a route runner. If we end up with Swope and Patterson I will be happy.

I think after this combine, we may not sign Jennings or Wallace
He is good football player and one of the quality's I like about him is he breaks arm tackles very well he runs like a former RB after he catches it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9764
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been following Swope his whole career at Texas A&M, and he is simply an animal. He would be a steal for anyone who gets him outside of round 1.

He is faster than he looks, but i was blown away by his 40 time. He has a great on field relationship with Tannehill. When Tannehill became the starter mid way through the season, Swope pretty much stole the #1 WR spot away from Jeff Fuller, and kept it, he was always Tannehill's go to guy.

i think he has the chance to be a better version of Wes Welker
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
58 catches 667 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Ive been following Swope his whole career at Texas A&M, and he is simply an animal. He would be a steal for anyone who gets him outside of round 1.

He is faster than he looks, but i was blown away by his 40 time. He has a great on field relationship with Tannehill. When Tannehill became the starter mid way through the season, Swope pretty much stole the #1 WR spot away from Jeff Fuller, and kept it, he was always Tannehill's go to guy.

i think he has the chance to be a better version of Wes Welker


I love the fact he is a former RB that runs with power. He stole it from Jeff Fuller and never looked back. Swope's numbers took a dip moving to the SEC but against SEC teams, he performed. 698 of his 913 yards came against LSU, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, and Oklahoma. None of these teams have slouch defenses. Both Mississippi State and Alabama have a top CB coming into the draft.
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
For a lot of people Lane Johnson turned heads. While I'm impressed with Johnson, I had an idea of how he would perform since he was a TE and QB.

Ryan Swope was the guy that made me look twice. I'll be honest, i saw WR from Texas A&M and just for some reason though slow and not a playmaker. Maybe low hope because of Jeff Fuller but I didn't think he would run a 4.34. So after his 40 time, i decided to look him up online. Wow an you say awesome? Not only is this kid fast, but he is a football player. 6'1 200 he has good size, runs good routes, and catches the ball with his hands. This kids fits the system obviously. His best year was under Mike Sherman at HC and Ryan Tannehill at QB.

89 rec 1207 yds and 11 tds in 2011 under Sherman and Tannehill

This year moving to the SEC he slid just slightly but he was still very productive with
72 recs 913 yds and 8 tds. Not as good but this is how it breaks down:
Akransas: 5 rec 141 yds 1 TD
LSU: 10 rec 81 yds 0 td
Auburn: 6 rec 140 yds 2td
Mississippi St: 9 121 yds 0 td
Alabama: 11 rec 111 yds 1 td
AT&T Cotton Bowl: 8 recs 104 yds and 1 td

Majority of his yards came against good teams. Very impressive to me. He is more than a route runner. If we end up with Swope and Patterson I will be happy.

I think after this combine, we may not sign Jennings or Wallace


To piggy back on your stats...

Ryan Swope
6'0"
205
4.37
37 inch Vertical

and this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
For a lot of people Lane Johnson turned heads. While I'm impressed with Johnson, I had an idea of how he would perform since he was a TE and QB.

Ryan Swope was the guy that made me look twice. I'll be honest, i saw WR from Texas A&M and just for some reason though slow and not a playmaker. Maybe low hope because of Jeff Fuller but I didn't think he would run a 4.34. So after his 40 time, i decided to look him up online. Wow an you say awesome? Not only is this kid fast, but he is a football player. 6'1 200 he has good size, runs good routes, and catches the ball with his hands. This kids fits the system obviously. His best year was under Mike Sherman at HC and Ryan Tannehill at QB.

89 rec 1207 yds and 11 tds in 2011 under Sherman and Tannehill

This year moving to the SEC he slid just slightly but he was still very productive with
72 recs 913 yds and 8 tds. Not as good but this is how it breaks down:
Akransas: 5 rec 141 yds 1 TD
LSU: 10 rec 81 yds 0 td
Auburn: 6 rec 140 yds 2td
Mississippi St: 9 121 yds 0 td
Alabama: 11 rec 111 yds 1 td
AT&T Cotton Bowl: 8 recs 104 yds and 1 td

Majority of his yards came against good teams. Very impressive to me. He is more than a route runner. If we end up with Swope and Patterson I will be happy.

I think after this combine, we may not sign Jennings or Wallace


To piggy back on your stats...

Ryan Swope
6'0"
205
4.37
37 inch Vertical

and this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8


You and I just keep helping each other out here. Laughing

I do like the fact he was recruited as a running back and he plays that way. He isn't a small fast guy, he is a fast physical guy. Just a complete football player.
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6902
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His stats against SEC defenses caught my eye. I'm intrigued
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
His stats against SEC defenses caught my eye. I'm intrigued


Exactly. My wife and I were guessing 40 times and I guessed 4.5 and so did she. When he ran a 4.34, I stopped what i was doing and looked up his info. When I saw those stats, I immediately became a fan of his.
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
His stats against SEC defenses caught my eye. I'm intrigued


Exactly. My wife and I were guessing 40 times and I guessed 4.5 and so did she. When he ran a 4.34, I stopped what i was doing and looked up his info. When I saw those stats, I immediately became a fan of his.


By comparison Patterson (widely considered the #1 WR in this years draft) didn't fare as well against top compitition....

--------------------------rec----yards----TDs
Georgia--------------------2-------31
Mississippi State-----------2-------25-------1
Alabama ------------------1-------25
South Carolina-------------3-------26
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
His stats against SEC defenses caught my eye. I'm intrigued


Exactly. My wife and I were guessing 40 times and I guessed 4.5 and so did she. When he ran a 4.34, I stopped what i was doing and looked up his info. When I saw those stats, I immediately became a fan of his.


By comparison Patterson (widely considered the #1 WR in this years draft) didn't fare as well against top compitition....

--------------------------rec----yards----TDs
Georgia--------------------2-------31
Mississippi State-----------2-------25-------1
Alabama ------------------1-------25
South Carolina-------------3-------26


It's interesting, because Swope is just as fast. A littler shorter but a better polished WR
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freak_of_nature


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 584
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Swope vs Alabama. It was probably one of the most impressive games I saw from a WR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group