Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
I feel the same way with Robert Woods when comparing him to Jennings. Woods was born to play in the west coast offense. great route runner who can run slants crossing routes and excellent YAC on bubble screens and does his best work when getting in motion

If the Dolphins land Wallace in FA I look for them to go CB/DE/OL with pick 12 and would love to see Woods or Patton in round 2.

Wallace fills the speed guy
Hartline and Woods/Patton as the route runner/hands guys
Bess in the slot

That's a solid core

Imagine if we let Hartline walk, sign Wallace, draft Justin Hunter and Quinton Patton...... Just think about that for a minute

Would be nice, but that means the team spent a trunk load of cash for 1 WR then drafted 2 in the 1st two rounds....I like revamping the core that way, but that's a lot of attention to one area....especially with needs on the pass defense and o-line.

Yes but remember we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Hunter and Patton can be had in the 2nd and 3rd. So we can still get a quality OL and pass rusher with those two as well.

You can't fix all the holes in one off season. It just isn't going to happen. This will still take some time to fix the holes and get younger

I agree and would have no problem with it and in fact wouldn't mind them focusing on one side of the ball this off-season....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
I feel the same way with Robert Woods when comparing him to Jennings. Woods was born to play in the west coast offense. great route runner who can run slants crossing routes and excellent YAC on bubble screens and does his best work when getting in motion

If the Dolphins land Wallace in FA I look for them to go CB/DE/OL with pick 12 and would love to see Woods or Patton in round 2.

Wallace fills the speed guy
Hartline and Woods/Patton as the route runner/hands guys
Bess in the slot

That's a solid core

Imagine if we let Hartline walk, sign Wallace, draft Justin Hunter and Quinton Patton...... Just think about that for a minute

Would be nice, but that means the team spent a trunk load of cash for 1 WR then drafted 2 in the 1st two rounds....I like revamping the core that way, but that's a lot of attention to one area....especially with needs on the pass defense and o-line.

Yes but remember we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Hunter and Patton can be had in the 2nd and 3rd. So we can still get a quality OL and pass rusher with those two as well.

You can't fix all the holes in one off season. It just isn't going to happen. This will still take some time to fix the holes and get younger

I agree and would have no problem with it and in fact wouldn't mind them focusing on one side of the ball this off-season....

We can focus mainly on offense but we should be able to get a pass rusher as well as OL and WR this draft.

UniversalAuthor
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Marquise Lee, a much better fit for USC offense and college football in general, made many people forget that Woods was mentioned as a top 10 pick after his sophomore season. Matt Barkley´s bad season and Lee´s emergence hurt his stock, but he did still have 76 catches.

I have a feeling that he could become pretty good if he goes to a team that runs a West Coast offense. He has the route-running and timing to excel in it.

Woods and Patton are my two favorite receivers for the Dolphins in this draft.
All the above is true and the fact he played half the season on a high ankle sprain
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
candyman wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Marquise Lee, a much better fit for USC offense and college football in general, made many people forget that Woods was mentioned as a top 10 pick after his sophomore season. Matt Barkley´s bad season and Lee´s emergence hurt his stock, but he did still have 76 catches.

I have a feeling that he could become pretty good if he goes to a team that runs a West Coast offense. He has the route-running and timing to excel in it.

Woods and Patton are my two favorite receivers for the Dolphins in this draft.
All the above is true and the fact he played half the season on a high ankle sprain

Who ever ends up drafting Woods is going to be very happy with the pick up...the guy was very productive over his career at USC and as both of you have mentioned, has the skills to excel in the WCO. I really believe the two best receivers in this draft will be 2nd round selections (Woods and Patton) and will be very disappointed if Ireland misses out on either of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones will not be participating at the combine this year. His camp says they want to focus on his pro day. Rumor is its more an evasive move due to his spinal stenosis in attempt to avoid the scrutiny at the combine. Based on the prognosis that his condition is mild two years ago estimates that his pro career will be about 7 years without advancing conditions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Jarvis Jones will not be participating at the combine this year. His camp says they want to focus on his pro day. Rumor is its more an evasive move due to his spinal stenosis in attempt to avoid the scrutiny at the combine. Based on the prognosis that his condition is mild two years ago estimates that his pro career will be about 7 years without advancing conditions.

Howdy Maddog
Speaking of which ... I'm about aggravated at players not participating at the combine in
favor of a "personal comfort zone"

If I held one of the top 3 pks I would notify all Draft applicants that failure to participate is an automatic
disqualification for contention of the selection slot.

I want to see a player that looks forward to head to head competition on a National platform.
What makes a college player so special that he can pk & choose his own evaluation scenario...?

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson is killing it at the combine....

Size: 6'6" 305

Speed: 4.72 (2nd)

Bench: 28 reps (13th)

Vertical: 34 inches (2nd)

Broad: 9'10" (1st)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Lane Johnson is killing it at the combine....

Size: 6'6" 305

Speed: 4.72 (2nd)

Bench: 28 reps (13th)

Vertical: 34 inches (2nd)

Broad: 9'10" (1st)
Applause This is why I have been banging his drum for us at 12. we have a lane johnson thread from a few weeks ago where I was talking him up. He is is a scheme fit perfect for zone blocking great length light feet and has a nasty streak. He isnt the only guy I want but he is top 3 guys I am looking at for 12
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson is now a first rounder because of the numbers he put up. I do have him graded at an early second round pick. Another Combine performance that is blowing up my mock.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Lane Johnson is now a first rounder because of the numbers he put up. I do have him graded at an early second round pick. Another Combine performance that is blowing up my mock.
He has been a 1st rounder long before the underwear olympics. You are just late to the party but its ok
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
He has been a 1st rounder long before the underwear olympics. You are just late to the party but its ok

I had him in early round 2 before Lewan and Matthews decided to return for their senior years. Still your post made me laugh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me how the combine can change a players stock. Ridiculous.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it changes as much as some people think it does. Its just a small part of the process. Its being talked about today well because it happened today
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys Davis and Fuller from Virginia Tech actually surprised me a little with their 40 times.

This isn't all about 40 times, but guys like Fuller and Davis can show they are athletic WRs, who are not only big strong, and catch well, but they are fast too.

Still Justin Hunter and Quinton Patton are my favorite WRs for this team.

UniversalAuthor
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and davis has all the skills to be a player he just needs to find a way to be consitent. He could be good value later in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: