Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1659
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: 2013 NFL Combine Reply with quote

The NFL combine is now less than one week away. As usual, someone deserving will rise up the boards at the same time someone undeserving will also rise up the boards. A prospect that shouldn't fall, will fall and of course someone who should drop, does.

As this spectacle of promising rookies unfolds we will be awed at 40 times, marvel at three cone drills and fall in love with the total on bench presses. Yes sir, we will forget or at least try not to remember what these first round locks, playmakers and game changers did on the field and in some cases off the field in 2912.

We will so fall in love with a prospect that wives will be divorced and girlfriends jettisoned only to wake up on Draft Day, roll over in bed and stare face to face with Ted Ginn Jr.... and his whole family.

So gentlemen start posting your thoughts on players. Who are your sleepers? Who is overrated? Let the Hyperbole begin!

As for myself I changed my first round choice to Leon Sandcastle I hope he is still there at 12.

Link to NFL site: http://www.nfl.com/combine

Link to list of NFL Combine Invitees : http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list
_________________


Last edited by Maddogg on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1659
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Severe Red Flags now for anyone projecting Allec Ogletree to be selected by the Dolphins. Certainly during the combine anyone interested is going to focus in interviews with him on his off field issues, decision making and maturity.


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21720550/dui-another-red-flag-for-projected-1strounder-alec-ogletree
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated - Dion Jordan (position yet to be determined)

He has freak athleticism and size, and has done well in college, but wasn't dominant in a conference where a good defender can put up gaudy numbers. I have to believe the guy will test extremely well and will position himself in the top 10 abive player who will have a much better NFL career.

Sleeper - Johnathon Cyprien (S)

Small college guy who will be over shadowed by the big 2 out of the SEC. Had an excellent senior bowl and showed he could play with top talent. Might not put up the number some will want to see at the combine which will cause him to slip in the draft, but could end up being a steal for who ever does end up with him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1659
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Overrated - Dion Jordan (position yet to be determined)

He has freak athleticism and size, and has done well in college, but wasn't dominant in a conference where a good defender can put up gaudy numbers. I have to believe the guy will test extremely well and will position himself in the top 10 abive player who will have a much better NFL career.

Sleeper - Johnathon Cyprien (S)

Small college guy who will be over shadowed by the big 2 out of the SEC. Had an excellent senior bowl and showed he could play with top talent. Might not put up the number some will want to see at the combine which will cause him to slip in the draft, but could end up being a steal for who ever does end up with him.


At least on the surface this draft seems overwhelming favoring defensive players. Jonathan Cyprien is in my top 100.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Overrated - Dion Jordan (position yet to be determined)

He has freak athleticism and size, and has done well in college, but wasn't dominant in a conference where a good defender can put up gaudy numbers. I have to believe the guy will test extremely well and will position himself in the top 10 abive player who will have a much better NFL career.

Sleeper - Johnathon Cyprien (S)

Small college guy who will be over shadowed by the big 2 out of the SEC. Had an excellent senior bowl and showed he could play with top talent. Might not put up the number some will want to see at the combine which will cause him to slip in the draft, but could end up being a steal for who ever does end up with him.


At least on the surface this draft seems overwhelming favoring defensive players. Jonathan Cyprien is in my top 100.


I would love to see them pick him with one of their 3rd round picks....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Overrated - Dion Jordan (position yet to be determined)

He has freak athleticism and size, and has done well in college, but wasn't dominant in a conference where a good defender can put up gaudy numbers. I have to believe the guy will test extremely well and will position himself in the top 10 abive player who will have a much better NFL career.

Sleeper - Johnathon Cyprien (S)

Small college guy who will be over shadowed by the big 2 out of the SEC. Had an excellent senior bowl and showed he could play with top talent. Might not put up the number some will want to see at the combine which will cause him to slip in the draft, but could end up being a steal for who ever does end up with him.


I do agree with both. I think Jordan will lose stock because of his strength. I think he is a project but has a high ceiling at the same time. With a weak combine, he could fall to the 2nd. A good 40 and showing good in agility drills will keep him higher.

Cyprien will be household name after this draft. If works out well, which i think he will, he will move up to the 2nd possibly the 1st
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Alex Okafor. He was a solid pass rusher at Texas and could be a 2cd rd pick
_________________

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1659
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
I want to see Alex Okafor. He was a solid pass rusher at Texas and could be a 2cd rd pick


Alex Okafer in my opinion will be regarded as a bust. Why? Because he probably will be drafted in round 1 and I don't expect that he will ever put up the sack numbers that go with being a first round pick.

In my opinion he should be a late third round pick because what he brings in, is a solid powerful run stopping LDE and with everyone enamored with sacks its just going to rough for him to put up big numbers in the pros.

Its going to be interesting to see his times/weight at the combine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion jordan has a much better chance getting picked before 12 then he does lasting to 12. Teams love players with versatiliy and players who have room to grow. He is a natual 34 olb and can play 43 strong side and rush the passer. Scouts like him to Aldon Smith he has strong fast hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin Escabar is my favorite TE in this draft and with a good combine showing will be right there with the top 2 and selected in early round 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to throw out Sam McGuffie more notable due to his Youtube video and his high school career the guy is a freak athlete....4.3 40....40 plus vert and could do very well in a West Coast offense as a slot guy. Most likely won't be drafted. Played RB and slot.

HEre are some highlights....(most are as a RB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_KErSK2a9w&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olCp3fpxSls&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1659
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Back Updates :


Looks like Eddie Lacy RB Alabama will not be running at the combine:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21727097/report-eddie-lacy-wont-run-at-combine-with-hamstring-injury

and Marcus Lattimore RB Sourh Carolina, even though he will not participate is well ahead in his recovery :

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21732247/nfl-combine-2013-marcus-lattimore-says-doctors-will-be-shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Running Back Updates :


Looks like Eddie Lacy RB Alabama will not be running at the combine:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21727097/report-eddie-lacy-wont-run-at-combine-with-hamstring-injury

and Marcus Lattimore RB Sourh Carolina, even though he will not participate is well ahead in his recovery :

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21732247/nfl-combine-2013-marcus-lattimore-says-doctors-will-be-shocked


No surprise for either....Lacy will want to have the best possible conditions for his workout....

I still think if Lattimore is there in the 4th he is worth a shot.....the guy would have easily been a top 15 player in the draft pre-injury. Size, power....would be a great compliment to Miller and would be allowed to "ease" back into playing....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1659
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Running Back Updates :


Looks like Eddie Lacy RB Alabama will not be running at the combine:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21727097/report-eddie-lacy-wont-run-at-combine-with-hamstring-injury

and Marcus Lattimore RB Sourh Carolina, even though he will not participate is well ahead in his recovery :

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21732247/nfl-combine-2013-marcus-lattimore-says-doctors-will-be-shocked


No surprise for either....Lacy will want to have the best possible conditions for his workout....

I still think if Lattimore is there in the 4th he is worth a shot.....the guy would have easily been a top 15 player in the draft pre-injury. Size, power....would be a great compliment to Miller and would be allowed to "ease" back into playing....


I agree with your comment on Marcus Lattimore, certainly worth the risk of a selection in the fourth round, especially if Reggie Bush is not resigned.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4438
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Running Back Updates :


Looks like Eddie Lacy RB Alabama will not be running at the combine:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21727097/report-eddie-lacy-wont-run-at-combine-with-hamstring-injury

and Marcus Lattimore RB Sourh Carolina, even though he will not participate is well ahead in his recovery :

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21732247/nfl-combine-2013-marcus-lattimore-says-doctors-will-be-shocked


No surprise for either....Lacy will want to have the best possible conditions for his workout....

I still think if Lattimore is there in the 4th he is worth a shot.....the guy would have easily been a top 15 player in the draft pre-injury. Size, power....would be a great compliment to Miller and would be allowed to "ease" back into playing....


Lacy wont be running because his stock is high right now and he want to workout on his terms which is smart.

I'm looking forward to watching jordan reed TE from FL. Also want to see the hype on vocarro s from Texas. This cyprien kid also intrigues me
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group