Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darth Davis's Mockareina
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Darth Davis's Mockareina Reply with quote

Laughing


I don't really feel like going into too much depth with.....well.....depth, salary cap numbers etc. Just laying down my general ideas.

First and foremost this staff has to install a 3-4 at some point. Its our D.C.'s background and compliments his crazy blitzing schemes that we rarely could see in the 4-3. If Tarver and Allen want to be here next year they need to install a system that suits their play calling with players that can execute it.



Lechler- Its been great and your cap hit is too great.

DHB- Restructures, hard worker, team oriented. If he doesn't he'll be riding the pine the rest of his career.

T.K.- CUT love the thug in him but it sucks on the football field. He will have a good career else where.

Brisiel- CUT, doesn't fit the ZBS and we can save some coin even if minimally.

McClain- CUT, no way does he stick around Oakland. This is a no nonsense organization now and his nonsense will cease to be in Silver and Black.

Palmer- restructures, didn't have a horrible year. Finished top 10 in yards, 300 yard games, and if Denarius Moore actually tried it and DHB finally used his hands instead of his stomach it would have been a lot nicer. With Ford back I think Palmer surprises people next year.

Huff- restructures, there is no way he should be making that type of coin. Huff is one of the players I think that can buy into what Allen and Tarver are doing here.


FA- nothing crazy just moves.

OLB- Philip Wheeler- I think he could be the guy on the outside in a 3-4 as much as he was for us in the 4-3. Georgia Tech runs a 3-4, he comes from that background, its nothing new to him. He probably would have stayed with the Colts has they not wanted to experiment with Freeney first. Should get a nice long term deal without getting crazy expensive.

ILB- Nick Barnett- I think Nick has plenty left and the return to a 3-4 ILB role would do him solid. Another pick up that matches our staff's history.

CB Tracy Porter- Young, talented, and knows the Broncos playing style. Versatile corner who is not highly coveted.

CB Jerraud Powers- Limited action, highly likely for a short term deal. Following Wheeler, he hopes for his breakthrough season with a sure starter role.

DE- Desmond Bryant- Has to be retained. Way too valuable and disciplined a player to let walk. Rising star the way T.K. was without the baggage.

ILB- Larry Grant- Familiar with Tarver and sticks around the Bay Area. Gets a reasonable starter/role contract.

OG- Eben Britton- This guy is talented, poor career thus far. I think Olson knows what he gets when he brings him in to play Guard.

OT- Nate Garner- Sporano drafted this guy in Miami, knows his skill set is power running and comes to the RT position for a cheap fix, finally getting away from Khalif Barnes.

TE Brandon Meyers or Zach Miller- No not that Zach Miller the other one. The dude from Jax, call me crazy but it works for me. I would rather be weak at TE then the other spots. Maybe Brandon Meyers signs cheap, if he gets his mega deal elsewhere Rolling Eyes so be it.



I know its a lot of players but none of these guys outside of Wheeler and maybe Porter are going to command major dollars.




Draft Time- Clearly we want to trade down, its just that everyone wants to trade down in FF. Not likely that everyone can trade down. There are some prospects though. Could happen but can't really project that far.



Round 1 OLB Jarvis Jones- The flags for me don't translate to what he can bring immediately to our team. I could care less about the combine, watching his tape he clearly has multiple gears and a football IQ unrivaled. Put up epic numbers despite missing two games as a red shirt junior. Ballhawk, blitzer, sure tackler. The competition of the NFL will only push this fierce competitor to the top echelon of NFL defenders. Wants to be the best and has the tools/ability to do so. If its a 8 year career so be it. Him and Wheeler become our Dreaded pass rush duo......get it? Laughing Second choice: Werner





Round 3. NT/DT Brandon Williams- Huge motor, relentless work ethic. Impressed the coaching staff during the senior bowl. I personally like my NT's a little shorter, Brandon is listed at 6'1", that low center of gravity is a benefit to taking on multiple blockers.





Round 4. HB Marcus Lattimore- Powerful, elusive, great vision. This is the type of runner the Raiders have missed since Bush left. We luck out that he will be valued this low due to his injury. He should be well recovered in time for the season to begin. This gives us the room to avoid a mega contract to DMC. If he doesn't play this year that is what Reece is for.





Round 6a. OLB Ty Powell Harding



Round 6b. ILB Vince Williams Florida State




Round 6c. OG Eric Watford James Madison University




Round 7. OC Matt Stankiewitch Penn State


_________________


Last edited by DarthDavis on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2514
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our HC has 4-3 background.

I like it. I could live with the 3-4 if we can get these guys (Williams, Jones)...
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101Raider


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2420
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RunDmc23


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 234
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyran Mathieu in the 5th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 571
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that draft..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9686
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok to me
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5161
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be pretty happy with this, nice job
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boo_This_Man


Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 2457
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people think that Dennis Allen has a 3-4 background?

He ran a 4-3 in Denver and as a position coach with the Saints he ran a 4-3 as well. Before that he was with ATL and they ran a 4-3. So I can't say he has zero background in the 3-4 but I can say he has no experience with it in the last 11 years or so. Just a pet peeve of mine.

I do however like the mock off-season and Tarver actually does have 3-4 experience so I would not mind the switch. Tracy Porter would be a welcome addition along with Barnett. I also like your draft selections. If Star is unavailable and we can't trade back, JJ would be my next choice.
_________________

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!


Raiders/Warriors/A's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
Why do people think that Dennis Allen has a 3-4 background?

He ran a 4-3 in Denver and as a position coach with the Saints he ran a 4-3 as well. Before that he was with ATL and they ran a 4-3. So I can't say he has zero background in the 3-4 but I can say he has no experience with it in the last 11 years or so. Just a pet peeve of mine.
.


He began his NFL career coaching in a 3-4 under Wade Phillips and the Broncos were a 3-4 team the season he was DC. Maybe I am mistaken.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2514
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
Why do people think that Dennis Allen has a 3-4 background?

He ran a 4-3 in Denver and as a position coach with the Saints he ran a 4-3 as well. Before that he was with ATL and they ran a 4-3. So I can't say he has zero background in the 3-4 but I can say he has no experience with it in the last 11 years or so. Just a pet peeve of mine.
.


He began his NFL career coaching in a 3-4 under Wade Phillips and the Broncos were a 3-4 team the season he was DC. Maybe I am mistaken.

3-4 under Wade
4-3 in New Orleans
4-3 in Denver as DC
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boo_This_Man


Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 2457
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe in 2003 for half a year when Wade Philips was an intern coach. But Jim Mora Jr took over next season and he runs a 4-3.

In Denver they ran a 4-3

Quote:

New coach John Fox told the Denver Post that the Broncos are switching back to a 4-3 defensive scheme. The Broncos ran a 4-3 during 14 seasons under ex-coach Mike Shanahan before McDaniels made the move to a 3-4 before the 2009 season.

_________________

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!


Raiders/Warriors/A's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
maybe in 2003 for half a year when Wade Philips was an intern coach. But Jim Mora Jr took over next season and he runs a 4-3.

In Denver they ran a 4-3

Quote:

New coach John Fox told the Denver Post that the Broncos are switching back to a 4-3 defensive scheme. The Broncos ran a 4-3 during 14 seasons under ex-coach Mike Shanahan before McDaniels made the move to a 3-4 before the 2009 season.


Alright. My mistake. It does make sense though regardless with Tarver.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boo_This_Man


Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 2457
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
maybe in 2003 for half a year when Wade Philips was an intern coach. But Jim Mora Jr took over next season and he runs a 4-3.

In Denver they ran a 4-3

Quote:

New coach John Fox told the Denver Post that the Broncos are switching back to a 4-3 defensive scheme. The Broncos ran a 4-3 during 14 seasons under ex-coach Mike Shanahan before McDaniels made the move to a 3-4 before the 2009 season.


Alright. My mistake. It does make sense though regardless with Tarver.


I understand, when you think of Denver they seem like they are 3-4 team with Miller and Dumerville
_________________

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!


Raiders/Warriors/A's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
maybe in 2003 for half a year when Wade Philips was an intern coach. But Jim Mora Jr took over next season and he runs a 4-3.

In Denver they ran a 4-3

Quote:

New coach John Fox told the Denver Post that the Broncos are switching back to a 4-3 defensive scheme. The Broncos ran a 4-3 during 14 seasons under ex-coach Mike Shanahan before McDaniels made the move to a 3-4 before the 2009 season.


Alright. My mistake. It does make sense though regardless with Tarver.


I understand, when you think of Denver they seem like they are 3-4 team with Miller and Dumerville


Ya I kind of thought of Allen and Tarver as both OLB specialists.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
Tyran Mathieu in the 5th


We don't own a 5th. Aaron Curry.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group