Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woohoo the combine-is-coming Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medisback

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Woohoo the combine-is-coming Mock Reply with quote

Resign
Stokley 1 yr deal
Clady-franchised, works out long term deal
Chris Clark OT-versatile backup
Dan Koppen-1 year deal competes for starting center
Jason Hunter 1 year to prove he's healthy
Vickerson-2 year deal
Tony Carter 4 year deal
David Bruton 3 year deal-special teams ace

FA
-relatively quiet in this front. Sign a few savvy vets

Draft. I'm going to try and find the best value based upon nfl.com's draft analysis + cbssports projected rounds

Team needs (no particular order) OL, DL, MLB, WR (slot), RB (bruiser), safety, TE

1. Sharrif Floyd DT Florida. Has played all over the line. Moved to DE last season because the team needed him. Will slide back inside and form a nasty tandem with Wolfe. NFL Draft grade 90.3

2. Arthur Brown ILB K State: Very instinctive player. Plays bigger than his measurables. Also plays well in coverage with good hustle throughout the whistle. NFL Draft grade 90.3

3. Jordan Reed TE Florida: more to the Hernandez comparison than just "they played the same position at Florida." Very smooth in space with good catch/run ability. NFL Draft grade 80.5

4a. D.J Swearinger Safety South Carolina. High Motor guy who does well in the box but has also covered the TE. Will get some picks. He needs to play a bit more disciplined but has a potential to "add some nasty" to the D. NLF Draft Grade 81.4

DEN trades DJ Williams for a low 4th

4b. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina-DEN took a change on McGehee and now chooses his successor with hopes for similar return from a horrific knee injury. Elway has shown that he is willing to draft "for the future" grabbing his QB in the 2nd even with Manning on board. When healthy, Marcus can be the bruiser back to complement Hillman. NFL Draft grade74.9

5. Reid Fragel OT OSU: 6'8" and 298 lbs. Fights to the end of the snap. Former tight-end is very athletic. He showed very little trouble anchoring against stronger pass rushers. This pick potentially would allow Franklin to move inside. NFL Draft grade 77.0

6. Josh Boyce WR TCU: will be the slot WR of the future. Very difficult to bring down and can cut on a dime with excellent hands. NFL Draft grade 72.2

7. Joe Kruger DE Utah: Has the measurables and good first step but is very raw otherwise. NFL Draft grade 73.0

UDFA:
Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn-career TD reception leader. Has had some health issues but is a solid blocker who can be a nightmare for defenders in the redzone NFL Draft grade 77.7

Nick Becton OT VTech: was simply knocked down depth chart by 2 high recruited tackles. Shined his senior year. Would be valuable depth. Potentially could make Ramirez camp cut. NFL Draft grade 77.5

Thoughts?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I really like it. I'm not sure Brown lasts all the way to the late second but LaVonte David did last year and they're similar players - smaller, super-athletic LBs - so it's possible.

I doubt we can get anything for DJ in a trade. He has a big cap number (~$8m) and only one year left on his current deal. He either takes a pay cut to stay here and compete for a spot or he is released outright. I'm betting on the latter.

I'd rather get a sure thing at RB but taking Lattimore in the 4th is a low-risk, high reward proposition so I could get on board with it.

Good job though, I'd be happy with this.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I don't like the players. But there's a lot of buzz that Sharrif Floyd will be a top 10 pick. I hope we could get Arthur Brown with our 2nd that'd be nice. The more I hear about the Swearinger kid, the more I like, would be happy getting him in the 4th.

Don't expect to get anything more than a 7th for DJ.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I am hearing about Floyd echoes what previous posters have said. He is a top 20 pick.

Brown may be there when we pick, but I don't know where he would play. He can't play MLB in the pros. I know Iknow Jon Beason, but this kid can't shed blockers at all. He isn't able to fight through trash. He would make plays as a MLB, but would get gobbled up alot too. It would be a waste of his talents.

Reed is a good pick if he is still there. He has been getting alot of buzz recently as well. In fact, this is shaping up to be a decent class of tight ends in this years draft.

Swearinger is another good pick. Like Elliot said the picks are great, but not sure if these guys will be there where you have them. Then again every year I am surprised where some of these players are picked.

On the free agent side, there is no way Carter gets a 4 year deal. He can be had for $555,000 this year and still be a RFA next year. We basically can have him for the next two years for about 1.8 million.

I am not so sure Koppen will be back. His stock was rehabilitated after a solid season. He is healthy and should get some offers that the Broncos may not want to match.

Good mock. If the draft were to fall this way we would be lucky to get those first 4 picks.[/b]
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:

Brown may be there when we pick, but I don't know where he would play. He can't play MLB in the pros. I know Iknow Jon Beason, but this kid can't shed blockers at all. He isn't able to fight through trash. He would make plays as a MLB, but would get gobbled up alot too. It would be a waste of his talents.

[/b]

Well bud, you're causing a dilemma here. You've always got good "college prospect" analysis but so do others on this forum. germ likes the guy a lot as do others. Hence the dilemma.

Saw a review by pat Kirwan and he thinks he can play there also.

Keeps me on my toes, I'll tell you that. Personally I'd be surprised if we let a talent like Warford or Cooper slide past us. To me, OL upgrades should be a priority. Just my opinion.
Winder23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

[/b]

Well bud, you're causing a dilemma here. You've always got good "college prospect" analysis but so do others on this forum. germ likes the guy a lot as do others. Hence the dilemma.

Saw a review by pat Kirwan and he thinks he can play there also.

Keeps me on my toes, I'll tell you that. Personally I'd be surprised if we let a talent like Warford or Cooper slide past us. To me, OL upgrades should be a priority. Just my opinion.
I like the player, but like I said, I just don't know where he would get to play. Miller and Woodyard are pretty settled in their respective postions.

I agree with you on the O-line. The depth is some of the worst of all positions on the team. Not much being developed there. Aside from Clark and Blake we don't have many prospects there. I would hardly call Clark a prospect either. He is what he is. A cheap backup. Blake needs to show something this year or he could be a bust. At 27 years old I don't see the Broncos spending alot of time on him if he doesn't progress.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't get anything in a trade for DJ

Floyd is going top 15

Brown won't last till our 2nd

Props to Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: