Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's the best pick we could get for Weeden in a trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's the best pick we could get for Weeden in a trade?
1st
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
2nd
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
3rd
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
4th
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
5th or less
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Spergon Wynn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 34

elfman55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only answer is a 1st, if you could get someone to give you one. Their is nothing higher than a 1st.

elfman
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
I voted 3rd round cause that is my guess.

Does that mean since his value is lower than where he was picked mean he is a bad draft choice? No, not yet. If he starts this year and makes the pro bowl his value next year would probably be a 1st round pick, but obviously his worth would be higher for the team he was playing with. There is no way to determine exactly how his career will go after 15 starts, even at his age it is too soon to tell.

By the way, draft pick #22 in last years draft is worth absolutely nothing (just try to trade it to a team), so yes, his value right now is higher than pick #22 in last years draft.

Quality response. The whole idea of rating a player based on his trade value is a new one to me. Especially a QB. After his rookie year.

The whole idea behind this thread drives right past nonsensical into the state of asininity.

elfman55 wrote:
The only answer is a 1st, if you could get someone to give you one. Their is nothing higher than a 1st.

elfman

So brilliant in it's simplicity, this post is.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
I voted 3rd round cause that is my guess.

Does that mean since his value is lower than where he was picked mean he is a bad draft choice? No, not yet. If he starts this year and makes the pro bowl his value next year would probably be a 1st round pick, but obviously his worth would be higher for the team he was playing with. There is no way to determine exactly how his career will go after 15 starts, even at his age it is too soon to tell.

By the way, draft pick #22 in last years draft is worth absolutely nothing (just try to trade it to a team), so yes, his value right now is higher than pick #22 in last years draft.

Quality response. The whole idea of rating a player based on his trade value is a new one to me. Especially a QB. After his rookie year.

The whole idea behind this thread drives right past nonsensical into the state of asininity.

elfman55 wrote:

elfman

So brilliant in it's simplicity, this post is.

Just to add. I've read Holmgren ordered Heckert to trade up for Richardson and to pick Weeden. Now we may never know if this is true or not. But let's talk about some other players Heckert drafted last year. Schwartz in the second round. Most draft sites had him as a third rounder. Would anybody trade him for a late first or early second. I doubt it. Great pick. John Hughes late third rounder. Heckert got laughed at a lot on this pick. Played like a late second or early third rounder. Travis Benjamon 4th round good pick. Will do even more this year. Well worth the pick. Billy Winn a 6th rounder. What actually lasted until the 6th round. Ray Horton loves this guy. Johnson at linebacker looks good. Fort and Robertson played decent. And Richardson missed all of camp than played with broken ribs. Richardson is also a leader. Who knows with Wade and Tashaun Gibson the safety. Acho got hurt.

Than last but least a player Lombardi said Heckert made a big mistake on Josh Gordan. I think we could get a first for him. I'd take him over any receiver in the draft.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
For this draft only, I voted a late first rounder. This is due to the fact that I think Weeden is better than the QBs in this draft.

I'm being 100% serious when I say I do not like a single QB in this years draft. Weeden at least showed me flashes. I can't say that for the college kids.

Kiper kind of agrees with you.

I just can't see anyone giving us that high a pick for a 30 year old (vs. a young 20s pick of their own).

That's fine and I understand.

It's just teams often reach for QBs. Maybe they'd like Weeden because he's ahead of college rookies.

You might be right, but I think that at the end of the day anyone looking at Weeden is going discount his worth/value because of his age.

If his age is discounting peoples opinion then it's not devoid of opinion at all.

Vince Lombardi
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted four because I'm a cynical bastard, but I think we could get away with a third to the right team. The whole age thing and limited mobility really hurt him in the trending offenses right now.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
I voted four because I'm a cynical bastard, but I think we could get away with a third to the right team. The whole age thing and limited mobility really hurt him in the trending offenses right now.

Yeah, Flacco would have been the MVP+1 if he was younger and more mobile. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

Yeah, Flacco would have been the MVP+1 if he was younger and more mobile. Very Happy

Hey now! I'm just saying that the success of Russell Wilson, RGIII, and Colin Kaepernick will translate into copycat teams. That shrinks the market for Weeden quite a bit.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted a first.

1. When teams trade for QB IRL, they are ovvervalued. Why? b/c QB is the most important position in football. No on disagrees with that.

2. We witnessed the Bengals get a 1st and a second for a retired QB who was 30 something years old and hasn't had a good season is a few years.

3. If guys like Ponder and Gabbert would go in the top 10-12 in their drafts, then Weeden is def worth a first.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

Hey now! I'm just saying that the success of Russell Wilson, RGIII, and Colin Kaepernick will translate into copycat teams. That shrinks the market for Weeden quite a bit.

Yes, you're absolutely right too (except about shrinking the market "quite a bit"). I was just pointing out that good "pocket passers" can be more valuable, and actually have been for quite some time.

Remember, QBs that run well have been in and out of vogue several times already. I believe this is because it's rather rare to find one that can do both things well AND maintain consistency with both.

The ability to throw well from the pocket will always trump the ability to run well (Tebow) until there are major changes in the way football is played.

More defenses will soon adapt to playing QBs like Kaep, Wilson, and RG3 and force them to throw from the pocket more. It will be THAT ability that keeps them behind center and gives them success in the future.

Oh, and, before, I was messing with you just a little too, sorry Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I voted a first.

1. When teams trade for QB IRL, they are ovvervalued. Why? b/c QB is the most important position in football. No on disagrees with that.

2. We witnessed the Bengals get a 1st and a second for a retired QB who was 30 something years old and hasn't had a good season is a few years.

3. If guys like Ponder and Gabbert would go in the top 10-12 in their drafts, then Weeden is def worth a first.

Yes, I thought the same thing at first too. And I agree with you still.

I just answered the question with what I think the he's really worth and not how much someone would actually pay for him. So I picked a 2nd.

I tend to agree with Kiper that Weeden probably would be the best QB in the draft this year, had he been in it. I also think there will be a team that picks a QB in the first round. So I can't really disagree with anyone saying could be traded for a 1st round pick.

However, I think that would be overpaying, which certainly happens every year, especially for a QB. So I guess my opinion would be his actual value would be a 2nd, but his realized value could be a first.

You know what really makes no sense though? Those media types that say the "starting point" would be a 4th round pick, then turn around and agree with Kiper that he would probably be the best pick in the draft.

I guess some might try to justify Grossi's opinion with his age, but Grossi didn't do that. And he had plenty of opportunity. So given that he believes that the Browns had plenty of opportunity to praise Weeden and didn't because they must not like him. It's easy to use Grossi's logic to say that Grossi must just not like Weeden as much as every other QB that will be drafted before the 4th round this year AND he thinks Weeden would probably be the best QB in the draft this year.

Gee, Grossi's logic doesn't seem to work as well on Grossi. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Unless, of course, one considers that the rumor of Weeden being traded has legs, which it does, in which case it makes eminent sense to wonder what the yield from such a trade might be and, in the process, to ponder the value of the yield as a measure of the wisdom of the pick.

I can only speculate that your melancholy and despondency are influencing your posts.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Quote:

Unless, of course, one considers that the rumor of Weeden being traded has legs, which it does, in which case it makes eminent sense to wonder what the yield from such a trade might be and, in the process, to ponder the value of the yield as a measure of the wisdom of the pick.

I can only speculate that your melancholy and despondency are influencing your posts.

I heard a rumor that we'll be running an offense tailored to Weeden's strengths, and it has more legs...

I just heard another rumor that there aren't any QBs available that are clearly better than Weeden...it's got bigger legs than the trade rumor too...

Then I heard a rumor that Banner and Lombardi would rather forfeit games than play Weeden since they want to lose their jobs as soon as possible. The rumor includes a nice little dramatic power struggle with Turner and Chud, who like Weeden, but the evil Banner and Lombardi prevail...in the sequel, Chud masters his Jedi skills with further training from Master Norv (before his demise) and, in a surprise plot twist, overcomes Banner with the help of Lombardi--who is redeemed at the end.

It turns out the whole rumor was really about Lombardi more than Chud, but you won't really know that until the pre-rumors come out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

I don't know what is funnier, the great Star Wars references or the idiocy of this threads topic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Quote:

You couldn't speculate a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.... I lost my train of thought.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Quote:

You couldn't speculate a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.... I lost my train of thought.

I'd speculate all over those silk sheets and the babe too...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: