Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's the best pick we could get for Weeden in a trade?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's the best pick we could get for Weeden in a trade?
1st
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
2nd
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
3rd
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
4th
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
5th or less
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Spergon Wynn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 34

bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: What's the best pick we could get for Weeden in a trade? Reply with quote

I frankly am tired of all this opinion-based debate about staying with Weeden.

The proof in the pudding of his worth/value is what another team would be willing to give us in a draft pick in a trade for him.

I say a 4th, at best.

What do you say?
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're saying replace him and sign a guy like Flacco, then it makes sense, it's an upgrade. But when you're pissing and moaning over wanting us to sign Jason Campbell, whose won more games than he lost, has been the definition of "average" over his career, and have him play over Weeden, yes, you're going to get called out for it.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
If you're saying replace him and sign a guy like Flacco, then it makes sense, it's an upgrade. But when you're pissing and moaning over wanting us to sign Jason Campbell, whose won more games than he lost, has been the definition of "average" over his career, and have him play over Weeden, yes, you're going to get called out for it.

All I am asking for is a vote.

If you can reply, you can vote.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets make another thread about Jason Cambell's worth, shall we? Maybe you can go global, and start a thread in the general forum asking who would you rather have as your QB, Weeden or Campbell?

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be a man, be honest and vote.

And ideally acknowledge and support your vote.

Otherwise, stand down and acknowledge your wimpness.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's trying to generate a discussion in the thread

You don't "just vote" in these threads

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Lets make another thread about Jason Cambell's worth, shall we? Maybe you can go global, and start a thread in the general forum asking who would you rather have as your QB, Weeden or Campbell?

This is a simple, in forum, on hot topic question poll.

Why do you have so much difficulty casting and defending a vote?
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
He's trying to generate a discussion in the thread

You don't "just vote" in these threads

So am I. I am asking people to vote, acknowledge their votes and support them.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this draft only, I voted a late first rounder. This is due to the fact that I think Weeden is better than the QBs in this draft.

I'm being 100% serious when I say I do not like a single QB in this years draft. Weeden at least showed me flashes. I can't say that for the college kids.

bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
For this draft only, I voted a late first rounder. This is due to the fact that I think Weeden is better than the QBs in this draft.

I'm being 100% serious when I say I do not like a single QB in this years draft. Weeden at least showed me flashes. I can't say that for the college kids.

Kiper kind of agrees with you.

I just can't see anyone giving us that high a pick for a 30 year old (vs. a young 20s pick of their own).
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

Your poll is stupid. You made a poll to try and prove some moronic point in regards to why Weeden sucks and why we should kick him to the curb and sign a veteran who quite frankly has never been much of a player in his career. Hell you dog Derek Anderson, and Jason Campbell never had a season close to what DA's year was with us. You're trying to prove a point to have us sign a career game manager, who managed to lose more games than he won.

Your poll is about as useful as having to vote between who you'd rather have running your country, Hitler or Kim Jong Il.

Steven Jackson had more yards rushing than Trent did last year, I guess we should pick him up and donate T-Rich to some other team too, right?

candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I just can't see anyone giving us that high a pick for a 30 year old (vs. a young 20s pick of their own).

That's fine and I understand.

It's just teams often reach for QBs. Maybe they'd like Weeden because he's ahead of college rookies.

bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Your poll is stupid. You made a poll to try and prove some moronic point in regards to why Weeden sucks and why we should kick him to the curb and sign a veteran who quite frankly has never been much of a player in his career. Hell you dog Derek Anderson, and Jason Campbell never had a season close to what DA's year was with us. You're trying to prove a point to have us sign a career game manager, who managed to lose more games than he won.

Your poll is about as useful as having to vote between who you'd rather have running your country, Hitler or Kim Jong Il.

Steven Jackson had more yards rushing than Trent did last year, I guess we should pick him up and donate T-Rich to some other team too, right?

The poll is about value, stripped of emotion.

If one values Weeden as worth a low draft pick, he almost certainly was a bad draft pick.

You can bet your butt that this is real close to or exactly how Banner/Lombardi are looking at it.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

That's fine and I understand.

It's just teams often reach for QBs. Maybe they'd like Weeden because he's ahead of college rookies.

You might be right, but I think that at the end of the day anyone looking at Weeden is going discount his worth/value because of his age.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
bruceb wrote:

The poll is about value, stripped of emotion.

If one values Weeden as worth a low draft pick, he almost certainly was a bad draft pick.

You can bet your butt that this is real close to or exactly how Banner/Lombardi are looking at it.

Hmmm, Weeden is probably better than any QB in this year's draft, but I still don't think he would rate a 1st round pick. I don't think any QB in this draft is really worth a first round pick. So I'll say a 2nd.

You can bet your butt that Banner/Lombardi are thinking the same thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: