Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JLambert58 New Mock with trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan thanks for the welcome. I certainly understand the animosity toward Colon. 3 years on IR and many penalties will do that. My argument is that he is an experienced lineman who brings a warrior's mentality. If we have so many needs at other postitions, why cut bait with guys who are a) cheap b)experienced and c) talented if you can hold off one more year until the next draft. The team is going to need some duct tape to hold all the cracks together. I do agree if we are moving to a zbs we may need to dump him as you suggest.

Harrison is still a damn good player when healthy. He finished strong in 2012. I think some team that needs that piece to get over the hump might just do it. If we could get a 3rd for him and dump his salary cap implications it would serve us well. Not to mention answering the Worilds question going into 2014.

Agreed Bell will probably go sooner than I mocked. Would love to get Minter at 25 if we could trade back that far. That would allow us to reload an extra position or 2.
mosteelers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
43 - I'm no cap expert, but my understanding is that cutting Colon only saves us 1.2 mil. Not sure how the before/after June 1 thing works. I disagree that he is a fat waste of space. I thought he was a solid cog in the O Line and brought some nasty that we needed across the board.

Hitman, I agree 100% to rack as many top 100 picks as possible . Don't forget in that scenario we also pick up #36. Main reason was to nab Elam before he was taken off the board. I believe he could be a strong replacement for Polamalu in the coming years.

Popie, I agree Ogletree is enticing, but he projects more as Lawrence Timmons mack ilb whereas Minter could be a capable buck ilb imo. You might be right about Bell, didn't study him as much. Point was to get a healthy back while Lattimore rehabed his knee. Thanks would be very happy with the 2 wr's as well.

As to the bold, with the exception of my opinion, you are wrong saying that on this board my friend. Good to have someone who can stand by their own, well-thought out opinion though.

I do disagree that we should keep Colon though. He has been injured and we can't afford to keep a guy who has played something like 10 games in 3 years for 5+ million. I do not agree with his staying on this team.

I also don't want Harrison, Hampton, and Polumalu either. I hate saying that because, right now, after Ward and Bettis left, these are my favorite Steelers. I am tired of paying guys to sit. I know that we don't have anybody behind them. I would rather let them go and sign a journeyman for 1-2 years or draft some of their replacements than see them riding the pine again.

Never thought I would say what I just said.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
treat88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
43 - I'm no cap expert, but my understanding is that cutting Colon only saves us 1.2 mil. Not sure how the before/after June 1 thing works. I disagree that he is a fat waste of space. I thought he was a solid cog in the O Line and brought some nasty that we needed across the board.

Hitman, I agree 100% to rack as many top 100 picks as possible . Don't forget in that scenario we also pick up #36. Main reason was to nab Elam before he was taken off the board. I believe he could be a strong replacement for Polamalu in the coming years.

Popie, I agree Ogletree is enticing, but he projects more as Lawrence Timmons mack ilb whereas Minter could be a capable buck ilb imo. You might be right about Bell, didn't study him as much. Point was to get a healthy back while Lattimore rehabed his knee. Thanks would be very happy with the 2 wr's as well.

As to the bold, with the exception of my opinion, you are wrong saying that on this board my friend. Good to have someone who can stand by their own, well-thought out opinion though.

I do disagree that we should keep Colon though. He has been injured and we can't afford to keep a guy who has played something like 10 games in 3 years for 5+ million. I do not agree with his staying on this team.

I also don't want Harrison, Hampton, and Polumalu either. I hate saying that because, right now, after Ward and Bettis left, these are my favorite Steelers. I am tired of paying guys to sit. I know that we don't have anybody behind them. I would rather let them go and sign a journeyman for 1-2 years or draft some of their replacements than see them riding the pine again.

It's definitely that kind of off season.

I'd rather make the painful changes quickly.

One to the head rather than three to the chest perspective on my end.

I do think this team is still in a position to compete for a deep playoff run in 2013, but the winds of change are blowing hard.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan thanks for the welcome. I certainly understand the animosity toward Colon. 3 years on IR and many penalties will do that. My argument is that he is an experienced lineman who brings a warrior's mentality. If we have so many needs at other postitions, why cut bait with guys who are a) cheap b)experienced and c) talented if you can hold off one more year until the next draft. The team is going to need some duct tape to hold all the cracks together. I do agree if we are moving to a zbs we may need to dump him as you suggest.

Harrison is still a damn good player when healthy. He finished strong in 2012. I think some team that needs that piece to get over the hump might just do it. If we could get a 3rd for him and dump his salary cap implications it would serve us well. Not to mention answering the Worilds question going into 2014.

Agreed Bell will probably go sooner than I mocked. Would love to get Minter at 25 if we could trade back that far. That would allow us to reload an extra position or 2.

Worilds is definitely a big question heading into next season. It's too bad that he hasn't shown that he was worth a second round pick so far. Last season was best year, but considering he hadn't shown much prior to that, it wasn't that hard to accomplish. I hope that Harrison would agree to take a lesser salary to come back. That would help the team out a lot.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:

Agree on Hampton and to an extnet Harrison, but I disagree regarding Troy. He needs to retire a Steelers player, and he is way too much of a difference maker to let him loose. Yes, he's expensive and it's a big "if", but "if" he is healthy for a season, there's almost no one in the NFL who makes as big a difference in a game.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree way too much with Keth-Snob for my liking!! Smile Wink
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
I agree way too much with Keth-Snob for my liking!! Smile Wink

don't feel bad. you're simply getting wiser in your old age.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: JLambert58 New Mock with trades Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Rd. 1 trade #17 & #143 to St. Louis Rams for #22 & #78
Rd. 1 #22 Kevin Minter ILB - LSU
Rd. 2 trade #48 & #78 to Detroit Lions for #36, #130, #163, #195
Rd. 2 #36 Matt Elam SS - Florida
Rd. 3 #79 Sean Porter OLB - Texas A&M
Rd. 4 #112 Markus Wheaton WR - Oregon State Univ.
Rd. 5 #130 Marcus Lattimore RB - South Carolina
Rd. 6 #163 Le'Veon Bell RB - Michigan State
Rd. 6 #176 Cornelius Washington OLB - Georgia
Rd. 7 #195 Matt Scott QB - Arizona
Rd. 7 #207 Travis Kelce TE - Cincinnati
Rd. 7 Comp Aaron Mellette WR - Elon

My take:

Overall, I certainly wouldn't complain about this draft, but I have a couple of issues...

IMO, no way do any of your 6th/7th Rd picks make it down that far, outside of Washington, but I do like all the players. Bell, however, I feel provides almost zero upgrade over Dwyer or Redman, so unless we cut one or both...

On the other side, personally, I think Minter is taken earlier than he should. But then again, I agree with many that there is a pool of about 30 players that could be taken as high as late teens or low as mid-2nd rd, so hard to argue.

Like Elam and LOVE Wheaton. Though Ben might cry if given yet another "smurf" for a WR. Mellette would cheer him up, though.

With all those picks, I'd expect at least one to be a developmental OL or one to be a CB, rather than double up on RB.

Again, I certainly wouldn't be upset with this draft. Put me in the camp that wouldn't be upset w/ an ILB in the 1st, but if one is there and is the highest "rated" BPA, then...

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock the only thing i dont like is the back to back RBs. Though given my own mock(I suggested two rbs) I cant give too many negative points for that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: