Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermichael Finley's measurables
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GreenMeansGo


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Jermichael Finley's measurables Reply with quote

Anyone have any data on Finley's arm length and hand size? He's one of only a few I can't find.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bfavre4ever


Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats easy...gator arms and no hands. Hope that helps bud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GreenMeansGo


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just it. I think he may have short arms and small hands. He also had only a 27.5" vert.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3691
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a report that he has large hands, but found nothing on his arm length. Leads me to believe average length.

EDIT: Just found an article where Finley is listed with "long arms"
_________________
Stop me if you've heard this one: a stockholder and a skypilot walk into a bar...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packattack86


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2903
Location: Springfield, IL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He definately had a poor 27.5 vert, as well as a 4.82/40, which was worse than other TE's not considered "freak athletes" such as, Kellen Davis and Brad Cottam. No info on his measurables tho. Jared Cook ran a 4.5, and he's now a FA. Would anyone rather cut Finley and pay Cook around the same to see what he can do?

http://www.mattrauch.com/2008-nfl-combine-results.php
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2940
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
He definately had a poor 27.5 vert, as well as a 4.82/40, which was worse than other TE's not considered "freak athletes" such as, Kellen Davis and Brad Cottam. No info on his measurables tho. Jared Cook ran a 4.5, and he's now a FA. Would anyone rather cut Finley and pay Cook around the same to see what he can do?

http://www.mattrauch.com/2008-nfl-combine-results.php


Cook got FTed today.
Finley was coming off an injury at the combine and ran sub 4.7 (4.64 IIRC) at his proday.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packattack86


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2903
Location: Springfield, IL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
packattack86 wrote:
He definately had a poor 27.5 vert, as well as a 4.82/40, which was worse than other TE's not considered "freak athletes" such as, Kellen Davis and Brad Cottam. No info on his measurables tho. Jared Cook ran a 4.5, and he's now a FA. Would anyone rather cut Finley and pay Cook around the same to see what he can do?

http://www.mattrauch.com/2008-nfl-combine-results.php


Cook got FTed today.
Finley was coming off an injury at the combine and ran sub 4.7 (4.64 IIRC) at his proday.


Good to know, I thought he was faster than that. He is such an enigma to me, as I think he could be up near the Grahams and Gronks of the world but I doubt he ever will.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12951
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Cook got FTed today.
Nooooooooooo Taylor Thompson Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
svp


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 986
Location: I took a football shaped pill and felt better.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Cook got FTed today.
Nooooooooooo Taylor Thompson Crying or Very sad


Whz FT?
_________________
svp wrote:
Who cares?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 9959
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Cook got FTed today.
Nooooooooooo Taylor Thompson Crying or Very sad


Whz FT?

Franchise tagged.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13857
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
packattack86 wrote:
He definately had a poor 27.5 vert, as well as a 4.82/40, which was worse than other TE's not considered "freak athletes" such as, Kellen Davis and Brad Cottam. No info on his measurables tho. Jared Cook ran a 4.5, and he's now a FA. Would anyone rather cut Finley and pay Cook around the same to see what he can do?

http://www.mattrauch.com/2008-nfl-combine-results.php


Cook got FTed today.
Finley was coming off an injury at the combine and ran sub 4.7 (4.64 IIRC) at his proday.


Good to know, I thought he was faster than that. He is such an enigma to me, as I think he could be up near the Grahams and Gronks of the world but I doubt he ever will.


His pro day was on rubber with track studs. Most took his combine numbers with much higher regard.

Also, the hands were a hair over 10 and the arms were a hair over 34 if I remember correctly. Big window. Plays even bigger yet because of his ability to catch the low ball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GreenMeansGo


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Palmy.
Are his past problems based maybe on concentration thru the catch? He always seems surprised by drops.
Rounding routes/stopping routes? He was pretty inexperienced coming out.
I thought maybe small hands, 10 is great.
A 9 on the wonderlic is terrible, but by now he has to know the playbook.
Does anyone think he has turned the corner?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10322
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he's turned the corner? Hell no. Think he was scared and watching his Ps and Qs? Probably.

Finley is a headcase. His effort is inconsistent and his head isn't always in the game. I see no sign that he has gotten over it. He was worried about getting cut and not being able to get a good deal if he didn't shape up. Based on what I've seen from Finley, he's not a player I'd EVER want to see signed to more than a 2-3 year deal at a time. Making a long term investment in him would be a very dangerous idea.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 9959
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Think he's turned the corner? Hell no. Think he was scared and watching his Ps and Qs? Probably.

Finley is a headcase. His effort is inconsistent and his head isn't always in the game. I see no sign that he has gotten over it. He was worried about getting cut and not being able to get a good deal if he didn't shape up. Based on what I've seen from Finley, he's not a player I'd EVER want to see signed to more than a 2-3 year deal at a time. Making a long term investment in him would be a very dangerous idea.

He was an elite TE in the 2nd half.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10322
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Think he's turned the corner? Hell no. Think he was scared and watching his Ps and Qs? Probably.

Finley is a headcase. His effort is inconsistent and his head isn't always in the game. I see no sign that he has gotten over it. He was worried about getting cut and not being able to get a good deal if he didn't shape up. Based on what I've seen from Finley, he's not a player I'd EVER want to see signed to more than a 2-3 year deal at a time. Making a long term investment in him would be a very dangerous idea.

He was an elite TE in the 2nd half.


And when has he ever shown any consistency? He buckled down when he thought his future was on the line. Best chance to keep him performing at a high level? Keep his future on the line. If it's not, why would you believe he can keep his head right? It hasn't worked yet.

And I wouldn't call the 2nd half of the season "elite". At least not 7-8 mil/year "elite". It was a good run. Top 10 TE maybe. Probably not top 5, and it's still not a full season.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group