Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB "Let's Get Nasty" Mock (Super Soldier Edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: GB "Let's Get Nasty" Mock (Super Soldier Editi Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Staff

Dom Capers fired as DC

We all knew this was coming, let's be honest. After laying a giant stinker 3 out of the last 4 years in crunch time, TT decides enough is enough and moves on.

Packers hire Romeo Crennel as new DC.

With the Chiefs letting him go and Capers no longer there, TT sees the opportunity to nab a perfect replacement and hires former DC/HC Romeo Crennel. This allows us to stick with the 3-4 defense while giving us a proven commodity at DC (which he's obviously best at), having previously ran the elite Pats defenses of the early 2000s during their "Dynasty" years. With some new pieces added to the defense (to be revaled later on) and familiarity with the scheme, here's hoping he can return the magic to GB.

And once again, I stopped reading here...

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Yooper Kuj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: GB "Let's Get Nasty" Mock (Super Soldier Editi Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Dom Capers fired as DC
Packers hire Romeo Crennel as new DC
And once again, I stopped reading here...
X2
Everyone is born one and those who aren't now, have detached themselves from the natural order of the universe
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is perhaps the most unlikely and rediculous mock I have ever seen. Period. All I can say.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
While seeming like a bit of a stretch (at least for KC), this deal actually benefits both teams in that KC gets their #1 QB (and a change of scenery for Sanchez, which they feel could benefit him in the long run, enough to give up the chance to select a once-in-a-lifetime defensive player to a team that needs it, which they don't necessarily need, anyway, since all of their problems are on offense) and a nice backup RB to compliment Jamaal Charles (Peyton Hillis is a FA) while still having a 1st round pick (albeit a late 1st rounder), while the Packers, who are desperate and eager to shore up their defense, get the #1 overall pick and thus, the chance to draft Star Lotulelei, the best defensive player in the whole draft, who also happens to fill a huge need at DL (though lessened a bit after signing Richard Seymour as a FA), and an additional 4th round pick.

Quite possibly the longest sentence ever written.
KManX89

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that there was a few continuity errors from my previous mock that I needed to fix... that's all been corrected now, guys.

And like I said, I know that #1 overall pick for our 26th pick and Sanchez probably won't (or should I say, wouldn't) happen, but then again, the Broncos were able to get 2 1st rounders, plus Orton and a 3rd for Jay Cutler, so who knows? QBs do seem to have a lot of trade value (*remembers the Raiders giving up a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer last year*). Plus, this trade here wouldn't cost KC any 1st round picks, they would just end up picking late in the 1st round instead of first, so there's that, I guess.
greenmachine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to have a negative percentage of something happening?
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also (sorry I didn't explain this earlier BTW), I'm sure the Jets would do anything to dump Sanchez, with his salary, and all, even if they got no draft picks in return, so as a consolation prize to the Jets, I figure we also included Sanchez in the deal. I'd be willing to include a 2014 conditional pick, if necessary, but I'm sure they'd rather dump him and get no picks, given the chance, than keep him with his hefty contract. And the Chiefs need a QB and a solid backup RB behind Charles, and we need an immediate difference-maker on DL (actually both lines), hence the deal with them. Yeah, I'd say they'd be getting ripped off in hindsight, but then again, you could also argue that the Broncos got more for Cutler than what he's truly worth, and the Bengals with Palmer, etc.

Oh, and that's when I realized we need a true #1 back, and the Panthers need a complementary receiver opposite Smitty, and Bowe is set to become a FA (plus the Panthers are rumored to be shopping/dumping DeAngelo, Ron Edwards, etc since they're $11 mil over the cap), hence our picking up his rights in the deal with KC and then the deal with Carolina. They might be able to sign Bowe for a couple mil $ cheaper than what they've signed DeAngelo for (he's making $8 mil, if I'm not mistaken), and clear up some cap space in the process, though they'd still be tight cap-wise and have to cut/restructure a lot of contracts. We can also get a mid-early 2nd round pick out of it, too. As an alternative, we could make this deal with Houston, who also need a #2 opposite Andre, for Ben Tate, if Carolina is unwilling/unable to do this trade with their tight cap situation.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, love the creativity. Most people (myself included) are extremely conservative in our mocks and this has no such fears. Kudos to that.

First, the monkey wrenches that prevents several of the moves from working out:

1. The bonuses that Hawk, Revis, and Sanchez have received are not tradeable. They will continue to count against the salary cap of the team that signed them. The Jets won't get much cap relief from this. Sanchez will make so little from the Chiefs that a restructure isn't necessary. Also, Sancehz would never agree to such a restructure, since he knows he'll never get another big payday again.

2. KC cannot trade the rights to Bowe unless they re-sign or tag him. That's a lot of money to be tossing around there.

3. KC would never accept to give up the tagged Bowe AND the 1st overall pick for Sanchez and a late first. That would be terrible value, especially since Sanchez has been outed as a bad player and a head case. They'd be laughing about the trade offer for days.

4. It's too late to fire Capers. I'd be highly surprised since coaches are almost never fired this late in the off-season.

That said, here's my opinion should this all happen:

I like
- Signing Richard Seymour
- Signing Matt Moore
- The draft should we actually acquire these picks (even though I don't expect every player you have dropping to drop).
- Acquiring Revis in a deal for a tagged Jennings. Revis would only cost us 5m this season. We should consider strongly re-signing him, which could be very expensive, but we can make the numbers work.
- Trading Tramon Williams. We have younger, cheaper, and arguably better corners on the roster. Saving his $7m would go a long ways towards re-signing Clay and BJ.

I don't like
- Releasing Pickett. Very good player and he isn't crippling our cap
- Trading for D Williams. I think his best days are behind him and we lose some value in this trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: