Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Duke's First (but not last) Bengals Only Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: The Duke's First (but not last) Bengals Only Mock Draft Reply with quote

1) Cordalle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
2a) DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
2b) Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
3) Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
4) Wiliam Gholston, DE, Michigan State
5) Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois
6) Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State

Patterson is raw, but he has special abilities, and opposite AJ Green, he will never face double teams. That leaves Sanu, Jones, and Hawkins to work the slots and Dalton will have weapons everywhere. Swearinger can start from day one and I like getting a 4 year guy who produced time and again in the SEC. Brown can step in at WLB and let us move Burfict to the middle or maybe SLB, and Brown is a 3 down LB. Ellington gives us a home run hitter to go with the steady BJGE, and he can be a quality return man. Gholston gives us nice depth behind Dunlap and can maybe take over if Dunlap isn't retained in 2014 for cost/production/injury/whatever. Thornton is just nice interior depth with good size and strength. Howard is talented and could maybe play up under new coaching more than he did in college. He is a nice gamble for round 6.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
sparky151

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with that though it's unlikely Brown lasts until 2B. He seems to be a polarizing prospect with some analysts rating him highly and some much lower. There's probably at least 1 team who agrees with the guys rating him highly. Maybe switch the second rounders and hope Brown makes it to 2A.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it personally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cordarrelle is available at 21 we have thing about it seriously. He's a game changer, and he would instantly solve our issues in the return game with Tate. His change of direction skills at 6'3/210 is absolutely unreal. He's so fluid and dynamic with the ball in his hands. I think he's a top fifteen prospect, but even then I can't say he's not without flaws. Prone to some drops, rounds off his routes and is far from polished. But if he develops the nuances of the position he can be one of the best.

Love Swearginer, Love Brown. Little worried that they won't be there though. In fact I'd be shocked if Brown is there. I'd be surprised if Brown makes it to pick 21 to be honest, but that's just me. I love the picks though. Ellington too is a great pick, I'm a big fan of the way he compliments BJGE and adds a new dimension to this offense.

Gholston screams Bengals pick, and he has potential. Kinda stiff, but he's got a solid bull rush, long arms and disrupts plays. Might be able to play the Robert Geathers DE/UT hybrid role for us. Thornton too is a solid pick, physical guy, good in a phone booth.

Only pick I don't really like is Howard. Gambled too often at OSU for my taste and he was very inconsistent. Not a guy you can put on an island, solid ball skills but he would get beat often on and I don't think he has great recovery speed either. But in the sixth round, I certainly wouldn't complain. Not my personal choice but at that point in the draft I wouldn't mind.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I don't like about that draft is it does not address what we need at LB. I'm convinced Burfict will be the MLB, and I feel confident that Howard will be in good shape, will be re-signed, and will be our WLB. Brown is not an SLB. Good player, and could be the WLB of the future, but unless you plan on re-signing Lawson, it leaves us with a hole at SLB.

Last edited by Jason_Bengal_Fl on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. It upgrades us immediately all over the place. I don't love the idea of a WR in the 1st, but I can easily see it where they are BPA

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lover the whole thing. If history is an indicator, our strongest needs don't match Mike brown's first round tendancies. So WR is a definite possibility. I am not as high on Brown as others, but could see Kasheem greene there instead as well. I love Ellington and Swearinger.

My only nitpick: Where's the other 6th rounder for Chad? Cool
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I lover the whole thing. If history is an indicator, our strongest needs don't match Mike brown's first round tendancies. So WR is a definite possibility. I am not as high on Brown as others, but could see Kasheem greene there instead as well. I love Ellington and Swearinger.

My only nitpick: Where's the other 6th rounder for Chad? 8)

I'm not as high on Brown as others either. That's why I think he will be there at #53. There are about 60 sure fire first round picks according to this site.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson is getting high praise as of late. Obviously it changes every minute but it doesn't sound like he could be there at 21. I believe Kiper says he compares to Julio Jones

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Patterson is getting high praise as of late. Obviously it changes every minute but it doesn't sound like he could be there at 21. I believe Kiper says he compares to Julio Jones

Kiper also said Ogletree was a lock to go to the Bills at #8.... even after the DUI.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Kiper also said Ogletree was a lock to go to the Bills at #8.... even after the DUI.

I know he isn't the final word. But the comparison has been said by more than him. He was the only name I could remember. It was just very high praise lately for him

ark23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

I really don't like the Julio Jones comparison. Patterson isn't the physical player that Jones is, he doesn't run over defenders. Patterson is a 6'3 player with the ability to pluck the football who has the elusiveness and change of direction skills of a Percy Harvin once he gets into the open field.

To me Patterson is a mix of Dez Bryant and Harvin. And that's scary. He has incredible potential, he simply needs to be more consistent with his hands (too many drops) and improve as a route runner.
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the mock, Duke. I don't see Brown being available at 2B. He may not even be available at 2A. I'd rather have Elam or Reid than Swearinger, but would definitely wouldn't mind seeing him in stripes next season. Wouldn't mind Patterson in the 1st. I want a WR with one of our first three picks. Would be okay with Ellington in the 3rd, and Gholston would be great in the 4th.

Good mock.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Like the mock, Duke. I don't see Brown being available at 2B. He may not even be available at 2A. I'd rather have Elam or Reid than Swearinger, but would definitely wouldn't mind seeing him in stripes next season. Wouldn't mind Patterson in the 1st. I want a WR with one of our first three picks. Would be okay with Ellington in the 3rd, and Gholston would be great in the 4th.

Good mock.

It sounds like some question Browns shoulder health so I can see him falling a bit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: