Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question from a Panther fan...mocker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catamount

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys probably heard the rumors about Derek Anderson. I assume you do not want that to occur. I think Chud would be foolish to bring him in.

I am guessing you will pick up a veteran in free agency. Flynn, Foles, A. Smith, M. Moore, etc.

Still, Weeden might just need a WR and a defense.
catamount

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
catamount wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
I think it the draft goes that way then we will ship the pick and Weeden to the Panthers for Cam Newton. That is what my sources are telling me. There have already been talks between the two teams.

Link

Ha ha that isn't a real link...Sucker

I quit reading when I saw "WV" under your name. Figured it was a scam because it would have required the internet and electricity to post it.

haha real funny, we have both of those things now (thanks Obama).

We don't need fancy things like indoor plumbing and sleeved shirts to be productive members of the community so quit acting like you're better than us. Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Better than you? (good sense of humor, btw) I come from the land of tricycles that have gun racks ans spit cups on the handlebars. Ancestry.com is where singles meet.
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catamount wrote:
You guys probably heard the rumors about Derek Anderson. I assume you do not want that to occur. I think Chud would be foolish to bring him in.

I am guessing you will pick up a veteran in free agency. Flynn, Foles, A. Smith, M. Moore, etc.

That and maybe a brain transplant with Dan Fouts as the donor.
catamount

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:

The qb situation is so bleak. I just think you have to find a player who was in the wrong system who may be better in Chud's offense. I guess the more you look around, the more you like Weeden.

Frankly, I am not a browns fan, but I think Holmgren should have been tarred and feathered for blowing the picks you had. Richardson? Good player, but you had so many needs. Weeden? what a reach. I hope the browns turn it around---I hope the new crew in Cleveland makes the difference.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if the Browns would draft Geno Smith. If they think he's a franchise QB, then they probably take him since the front office supposedly aren't fans of Weeden. It also depends on what happens in free agency.

I like Smith, but not enough to draft him at #6. I like Weeden and will be fine giving him another year, however, I also won't be against bringing in a new quarterback depending on who it is. If the Browns are going to draft a quarterback this year, I hope it's Zac Dysert.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catamount wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:

The qb situation is so bleak. I just think you have to find a player who was in the wrong system who may be better in Chud's offense. I guess the more you look around, the more you like Weeden.

Frankly, I am not a browns fan, but I think Holmgren should have been tarred and feathered for blowing the picks you had. Richardson? Good player, but you had so many needs. Weeden? what a reach. I hope the browns turn it around---I hope the new crew in Cleveland makes the difference.

The "loyals" overlook all the wasted picks, including the lower picks used to move up to make the wasted picks.

Being a Browns' fan is kind of like having a ditz for a woman. Dare not anyone say anything bad about her of your back will arch, because she's your ditz.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
I have no idea if the Browns would draft Geno Smith. If they think he's a franchise QB, then they probably take him since the front office supposedly aren't fans of Weeden. It also depends on what happens in free agency.

I like Smith, but not enough to draft him at #6. I like Weeden and will be fine giving him another year, however, I also won't be against bringing in a new quarterback depending on who it is. If the Browns are going to draft a quarterback this year, I hope it's Zac Dysert.

I have this gut feeling that we are gonna take Warmack with our pick, unless we get some nice offer to slide down. I hate the idea of it, even though the guy is a stud, and some say he is the best overall prospect this season, I can't get on board with taking a guard that high in the draft.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:

The "loyals" overlook all the wasted picks, including the lower picks used to move up to make the wasted picks.

Being a Browns' fan is kind of like having a ditz for a woman. Dare not anyone say anything bad about her of your back will arch, because she's your ditz.

Trust me, wasted picks, whether early or late, infuriate me. 2009 was about the worst we could sit through. Passed on Jarius Byrd for Robiskie, passed on Levitre for Massaquoi, passed on Lesean McCoy, William Moore, Paul Kruger, Vollmer, etc. to take Veikune.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:

Trust me, wasted picks, whether early or late, infuriate me. 2009 was about the worst we could sit through. Passed on Jarius Byrd for Robiskie, passed on Levitre for Massaquoi, passed on Lesean McCoy, William Moore, Paul Kruger, Vollmer, etc. to take Veikune.

That draft was epic failure, for sure.

But how about trading up for Hardesty and Lauvao?
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

I still have hope for Hardesty. He hit holes hard this year and looked like a very competent #2 RB

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
^

I still have hope for Hardesty. He hit holes hard this year and looked like a very competent #2 RB

He did.

But I think we would benefit more from a genuine change of pace (Read: Speed) back than from a Hardesty.

And the return on investment in Hardesty at this point doesn't look real good.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:

I liked Hardesty coming out, but I expected him to be a 4th rounder at best. So I definitely didn't really like trading up to get him. I also am not really high on taking a guy and converting him to a new position when you're drafting them as high as we took Lauvao. Hurts to know that Bowman went a pick before, and that Jimmy Graham went a few picks after Lauvao. They said Bowman was too small to succeed at ILB, and Graham was an athletic freak but all around a major question mark as what he would become. Mike Williams would have been a nice pickup. I am all about talent when it comes to the draft. I can see to a point "devaluing" a prospect due to some character flaws, say taking a guy who typically would be a 2nd round prospect, but because of some off field issues, bumping said players value down to a late 3rd or 4th round guy. That makes sense to me, but it makes me mad when you see it year after year, where a guy slides and we keep passing up on talent when its needed to draft for character. 2011 we actually had somewhat of a "bad boys" draft. Little, Taylor and Sheard all had some character questions to answer about, and it seems to have paid off.

bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
bruceb wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:
bruceb wrote:
catamount wrote:

I liked Hardesty coming out, but I expected him to be a 4th rounder at best. So I definitely didn't really like trading up to get him. I also am not really high on taking a guy and converting him to a new position when you're drafting them as high as we took Lauvao. Hurts to know that Bowman went a pick before, and that Jimmy Graham went a few picks after Lauvao. They said Bowman was too small to succeed at ILB, and Graham was an athletic freak but all around a major question mark as what he would become. Mike Williams would have been a nice pickup. I am all about talent when it comes to the draft. I can see to a point "devaluing" a prospect due to some character flaws, say taking a guy who typically would be a 2nd round prospect, but because of some off field issues, bumping said players value down to a late 3rd or 4th round guy. That makes sense to me, but it makes me mad when you see it year after year, where a guy slides and we keep passing up on talent when its needed to draft for character. 2011 we actually had somewhat of a "bad boys" draft. Little, Taylor and Sheard all had some character questions to answer about, and it seems to have paid off.

I wanted Graham more than anyone in that draft. We had and now still have a hole at TE.

GRRRRRRRR
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's really a crapshoot right now. I do want to keep Jordan Cameron, and whether it was Weeden, or the offensive game plan not to throw it to him, much, when they threw his way, he did some good things with the football. I still think he has a lot of potential, but I'd like to see us get rid of everyone else, sign a veteran that can contribute, and draft a guy later. Michael Williams is the TE in this class that I want.

bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Yeah, it's really a crapshoot right now. I do want to keep Jordan Cameron, and whether it was Weeden, or the offensive game plan not to throw it to him, much, when they threw his way, he did some good things with the football. I still think he has a lot of potential, but I'd like to see us get rid of everyone else, sign a veteran that can contribute, and draft a guy later. Michael Williams is the TE in this class that I want.

I want Williams to maul and catch an occasional pass here and there, and Jared Cook on the front line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: