Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question from a Panther fan...mocker
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catamount

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Question from a Panther fan...mocker Reply with quote

Although I live in North Carolina and bleed Panther blue, I have a genuine interest in the Browns--My wife is from the general Cleveland area (Ashland) and her entire family lives there. There are good people up there, people who deserve better than the Indians, Cavs, and Browns.

However, I see good things about to happen in Cleveland, from the ownership on down. Many of you may not have liked the Chud hire--he is not a boisterous self-promoter. He is more of a Tom Landry, Tony Dungy type. He is brilliant as an offensive visionary. You will see.

That leads me to the point. I am sure this discussion has run its course, but I did not see it recently. The question is in bold below:

My mock goes this way:

KC: Joeckel. T (Reid will get Sproles, but he will have to surrender a second rounder to do it).
Jacksonville: Moore DE If you beleive the Gabbert comment out of Jax (better than the current crop) then you assume they pass on a qb here).
Oakland: Star L. DT (Oakland needs a DT and I think they want to see what Palmer/Pryor can do at QB).
Philadelphia: Milliner CB (They just gave vick a nice deal and signed Dixon. Kelly is interested in showing the world how smart he is by using what he has and what he developed. Vanity is a terrible thing--so is an Eagle fan).
Detroit: Werner DE (Jones a possibity, and this is a prime trade spot, but for now, this is the best option).

Which leads me to the Browns. With Chud's experience with Cam Newton and his famliarity with the offense, do the Browns take Geno Smith if available?
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think so, personlly I dont think geno is anywhere near the talent Cam, I would prlly go Dion Jordan here

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the OLBs would be the less controversial pick.

However, with a new regime you just never know.... Geno coud very well be the pick if he falls to 6.

The Browns have not drafted a top QB since Tim Couch, and its one of the worse positions on the team... If Geno looks to be a franchise guy then there is no doubt he will be on the Browns board.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot can happen between now and the draft, but I'm thinking if Geno falls to #6 then he's proven he isn't a franchise QB, so regardless if he's there then I don't see the Browns taking him.

If it shakes out the way you have it, I'd honestly say Mingo or Jones.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it the draft goes that way then we will ship the pick and Weeden to the Panthers for Cam Newton. That is what my sources are telling me. There have already been talks between the two teams.

Link

Ha ha that isn't a real link...Sucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
I think it the draft goes that way then we will ship the pick and Weeden to the Panthers for Cam Newton. That is what my sources are telling me. There have already been talks between the two teams.

Link

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...Now I'm ready for some HEAVY PETTINE!
catamount

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that I should have added that I think he will wow folks at the combine. However, I do not want Geno to go to the Browns because he was terrible in the cold weather bowl game.

I also forgot that you are all familiar with Chud and there is some rumors that Anderson will follow him. I doubt that happens.

Thanks for the insights. If Weeden is to be successful, he needs a strong defense and ball control offense. Makes sense.
catamount

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

Link

I quit reading when I saw "WV" under your name. Figured it was a scam because it would have required the internet and electricity to post it.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catamount wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Link

I quit reading when I saw "WV" under your name. Figured it was a scam because it would have required the internet and electricity to post it.

haha real funny, we have both of those things now (thanks Obama).

We don't need fancy things like indoor plumbing and sleeved shirts to be productive members of the community so quit acting like you're better than us. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns are probably not going to draft a QB until the 5th round or later. The team has said there will be a competition for Weeden next year, and no rookie from this class would be able to compete for the starting spot. It's likely going to be a veteran, through trade or free agency.

So no to Geno Smith at 6.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all about signing a pure backup QB and letting Weeden start the whole season...

but if Geno Smith is there at #6, I'd be willing to bet my male parts that the Browns take him. We apparently want a QB and Smith falling to #6 would probably be too much for our FO to pass on.

That being said, I want to keep Weeden and draft Tahj Boyd from Clemson next year. Boyd is going to be a 6'2 Daunte Culpepper.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
I am all about signing a pure backup QB and letting Weeden start the whole season...

but if Geno Smith is there at #6, I'd be willing to bet my male parts that the Browns take him. We apparently want a QB and Smith falling to #6 would probably be too much for our FO to pass on.

That being said, I want to keep Weeden and draft Tahj Boyd from Clemson next year. Boyd is going to be a 6'2 Daunte Culpepper.

Can a mod sticky this?

J/K... I have no idea what we will do if he is there at 6. I hope we wouldn't take Geno, but I don't have faith that we wouldn't, certainly not going to make a crazy bet saying one way or the other.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
male parts

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:
male parts

Guys, I really dont want to hear about your sticky male parts... or what your betting on doing with them....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: