Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Browns "may" try to trade Brandon Weeden.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Rumor: Browns "may" try to trade Brandon Weeden. Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7480/brandon-weeden

According to the National Football Post, "some around the league" believe the Browns may try to trade Brandon Weeden.
Per the NFP's "insider network," the "belief" is that the new braintrust of Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi "donít think much of Weeden." It's hardly breaking news that Lombardi wasn't a Weeden fan during his NFL Network days, but there still haven't been any concrete reports the going-on-30 NFL sophomore is on the block. The Browns would struggle to receive a day-two pick in return if they made Weeden available. The Browns have made it clear Weeden will face competition in Cleveland. Feb 15 - 12:50 PM
Source: National Football Post

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
Lomtardi WTF!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
NEL2PAC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so sick and tired banner and Lombardi already.....imo weeden wasn't great last year but he also showed he can play. better coaching and time is the key. Never have I ever had my Fandom (if you will) shaking. but those two are pushing me. I love my browns but these two are killing me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEL2PAC wrote:
Im so sick and tired banner and Lombardi already.....imo weeden wasn't great last year but he also showed he can play. better coaching and time is the key. Never have I ever had my Fandom (if you will) shaking. but those two are pushing me. I love my browns but these two are killing me.

So +1. Well said sir.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
roger murdock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi was right about Weeden. Its not his fault Heckert drafted him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Lombardi was right about Weeden. Its not his fault Heckert drafted him.

Lombardi was right about Weeden's selection being a "panicked disaster"?

You know this why? Because Weeden did as well as any rookie QB in the WCO despite being surrounded by a rookie RB, rookie WR, second year WR, rookie RT, second year FB that was replaced by a journeyman TE, an aging #1 TE, a second year #2 TE, and a rookie #3 WR?

Looks like you're both wrong.

It seems the team was just too inexperienced to do much better.

Maybe you should stop ignoring the situation and giving so much credence to sensationalism.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden is the reason Heckert doesn't have a job right now.

If it was such a great decision to draft him, and Heckert was this genius everyone around here makes him out to be, then why is he sitting at home right now?
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
Weeden is the reason Heckert doesn't have a job right now.

If it was such a great decision to draft him, and Heckert was this genius everyone around here makes him out to be, then why is he sitting at home right now?

Yes, Colt McCoy was a far better option. McCoy, with this line and talent, would never be sacked on 19% of his dropbacks and throw the ball into the dirt on over 29% of his attempts because he wanted to give his guys a "rest".

And yeah, if Weeden didn't take his team to a winning record as a rookie in the WCO with the least experienced starters, by far, in all of the NFL...then it was a horrible decision to draft him. Every team that didn't have winning records also made only horrible decisions and all of their organizations are worthless.

Winning is all that matters. Whenever any team loses, there are not reasons, just excuses that should be dismissed, discounted, and ignored. Only one team is any good and that's the one that wins the Superbowl. Every other team made bad decisions and failed...and is horrible.

And right after the Superbowl, even the winner is trash, since they haven't won the next Superbowl yet. All of them are hot garbage, name one team that has one the Superbowl every year? None of them are good enough.

Now, if Colt McCoy was given the chance to play every year for any football team that could win the Superbowl without him, then we would all see how great he is. But these silly NFL teams just don't see things right. They need to ignore stats that donít support my conclusions and only use ones that do. They need to only use media quotes that do the same, since only the ones that support my stance are unbiased.

It's like they can't follow my awesome reasoning to its inevitable conclusion.

Last edited by Entropy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:

You know this why? Because Weeden did as well as any rookie QB in the WCO despite being surrounded by a rookie RB, rookie WR, second year WR, rookie RT, second year FB that was replaced by a journeyman TE, an aging #1 TE, a second year #2 TE, and a rookie #3 WR?

Maybe that's why...

I'm not sure how drafting a 29 year old QB in the first round when his supporting cast consisted of primarily first year and second year players can be constituted as anything other than a panicked disaster. Surely by the time the young offensive guys are ready to be truly consistent contributors, his window would be fast closing?

Not to mention the other questions:

- college system
- lack of operating under centre
- decision making
- poise
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUMOR!

merely a reporter trying to get his article in before his deadline... no news? thats okay, make up some.

man you guys get fired up so easily about these things.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while (most) everyone is already riled up, allow the pig to drop this meteor on y'all http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/10322/20130213/tim-tebow-trade-rumors-cleveland-browns-fit.htm

I don't know who that author is. all i know is that i haven't read any Browns article this offseason that hasn't pissed me off a little.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
while (most) everyone is already riled up, allow the pig to drop this meteor on y'all http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/10322/20130213/tim-tebow-trade-rumors-cleveland-browns-fit.htm

I don't know who that author is. all i know is that i haven't read any Browns article this offseason that hasn't pissed me off a little.

Tebow = WINNING! hahaha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Maybe that's why...

I'm not sure how drafting a 29 year old QB in the first round when his supporting cast consisted of primarily first year and second year players can be constituted as anything other than a panicked disaster. Surely by the time the young offensive guys are ready to be truly consistent contributors, his window would be fast closing?

Not to mention the other questions:

- college system
- lack of operating under centre
- decision making
- poise

Yes, they clearly should have traded for Aaron Rodgers. It was such a mistake to not do so.

Just think how many games Rodgers would have won? It was pathetic that the inept regime completely passed on him.

And yeah, there were other rookies that were drafted after Weeden that a simple trip in a time machine would have shown were better, had they been on a better team.

It also was a panicked disaster to not use the time machine that is available to all NFL people at all times.

And, my god, there were no other rookie QBs at all that had any of those issues you just mentioned and literally tens of thousands of experienced and talented QBs to pick from through free agency or trade that the time machine would have shown to be better than Weeden.

I can't imagine a worse decision ever made in the history of football, ever. And that's not just hyperbole talking, since I just typed that it wasn't.

The lack of wins (we should have won at least 20 more games last year...easily), the poor decisions (on like 130% of his throws, unlike every other rookie QB that has ever existed), and the missed open receivers that easily would have won the games that I don't actually need to mention since it's just THAT obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:

candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:

I hope you're proud of yourself

Look what you did to poor DP
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
fatpig wrote:

I hope you're proud of yourself

Look what you did to poor DP

MUST SMASH!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: