Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson, Announce open competition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Bills re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson, Announce open competition Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bills have re-signed quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.

http://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/statuses/302462656361684992

Jackson played zero games for the Bills last season after coming over in a late trade from the Seahawks last pre-season, the Bills are that Fitzpatrick and Jackson will have "open competition.", if that is the case why didn't he get any playing time last season when Fitzpatrick was struggling?

***Update**
Quote:
QB Tarvaris Jackson signed a one-year deal with Buffalo that could be worth up to $4.5 million.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/302467198130208768
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Open Competition" sounds a whole lot like "we'll be looking for a QB in the draft" to me.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
"Open Competition" sounds a whole lot like "we'll be looking for a QB in the draft" to me.

True - this seems a little weird to me actually. If they do draft a guy - how likely is it that they keep TJax, Fitz and the rookie all on the roster?
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
theJ wrote:

True - this seems a little weird to me actually. If they do draft a guy - how likely is it that they keep TJax, Fitz and the rookie all on the roster?

IMO, it would all depend on where he was drafted. If he's a 2nd or later, then he may ride the pine for a while. If he's a 1st rounder, then the winner of the "open competition" might actually win a spot as the #2.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update**
Quote:
QB Tarvaris Jackson signed a one-year deal with Buffalo that could be worth up to $4.5 million.

Tom Brady Tribute
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo T-jack! I really want him to succeed.

But he won't. Horrible QB.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the answer to Buffalo's QB problems, is massively overpaying a QB who isn't even a starting quality QB?

What?
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible Jackson got 4.5 million dollars?

I'm speechless. I really thought Buddy Nix was going to be a great GM... These aren't the type of decisions that turn a franchise around though. Jackson is garbage.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like they are hoping for a Russell Wilson situation with a rookie. How ironic for Jackson. I hope for their sake they get a good rookie because other wise they have Jackson or Fitzpatrick under center.....

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:

I'm speechless. I really thought Buddy Nix was going to be a great GM... These aren't the type of decisions that turn a franchise around though. Jackson is garbage.

You're missing the key word in the tweet.

COULD be worth 4.5 million. I'm sure that there are incentives he has to reach before it's worth 4.5 Mil.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson, Announce open competi Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Jackson played zero games for the Bills last season after coming over in a late trade from the Seahawks last pre-season, the Bills are that Fitzpatrick and Jackson will have "open competition.", if that is the case why didn't he get any playing time last season when Fitzpatrick was struggling?

***Update**
Quote:

Probably because they have a new head coach. Gailey was pretty confident about Fitzparick as I recall. Either way, I think the Bills address a QB in this draft within the first 2 rounds. I expect either Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, or Mike Glennon to be on their roster.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

You're missing the key word in the tweet.

COULD be worth 4.5 million. I'm sure that there are incentives he has to reach before it's worth 4.5 Mil.

I hope it's vet minimum and worth up to 4.5 million if he starts at least three games continbent on Bills fans not referring to him as "Terrible Jackson."

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson, Announce open competi Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

***Update**
Quote:

Probably because they have a new head coach. Gailey was pretty confident about Fitzparick as I recall. Either way, I think the Bills address a QB in this draft within the first 2 rounds. I expect either Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon to be on their roster.

I think the Bills will now explore trading Fitzpatrick, once they fail [and they will giving his huge contract] he will be released to save cap space, the Bills will then try to draft a QB early in the draft or trade for Smith/Flynn.
Tom Brady Tribute
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson, Announce open competi Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

1. Because if he was active for too many games the conditional pick would have been a sixth rounder rather than a seventh rounder.

2. I suspect he gave indication during practices that he would be an improvement over Fitz.

I really hope the lion's share of his contract are incentives based on number of starts and the like. There's no way he's worth anywhere near that amount.
popie70

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills re-sign QB Tarvaris Jackson, Announce open competi Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

***Update**
Quote:

Probably because they have a new head coach. Gailey was pretty confident about Fitzparick as I recall. Either way, I think the Bills address a QB in this draft within the first 2 rounds. I expect either Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, or Mike Glennon to be on their roster.

I would think Nassib has to be on that list also, mainly because of his head coach connection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: