Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charles Woodson to be released, Namdi to be cut next?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badmoon8081

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Charles Woodson to be released, Namdi to be cut next? Reply with quote

Would you welcome them both back in silver and black with open arms if and when they both become free agents? Especially considering how are top cover corner last year was Huff who isn't really a corner.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The Raiders and the fans need to move on. Both are washed up and we need to build for the future.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Woodson on a reasonable deal. It would not hinder developing future guys and would provide a solid leader in the secondary.

IMO Namdi just doesnt want to play football enough at this time.

Last edited by TiberiusRising on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be so awesome to bring them both back. Veteran minimum. For old times sake.

Realistic answer: No. Like 3828 said, time to move on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who?
badmoon8081

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should clarify my post a bit. Consider that we added two veteran guys last year because of the lack of cap room and the fact that we may very well be in the same boat this offseason. Not to mention are Cover guys had the worst depth and were probably the least talented bunch in football which is the reason we moved a safety to corner. I doubt the raiders will be able to add any serious talent to the secondary given all the other more pressing concerns and financial issues. I'm assuming they will try to patch up the secondary again on the cheap while focusing on the front 7. So with all that said........

If the raiders are once again gonna go after cheap veteran corners that are "risks" than why not Namdi or Woodson rather than more guys like Ron Bartel and Shawnte Spencer?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badmoon8081 wrote:
I guess I should clarify my post a bit. Consider that we added two veteran guys last year because of the lack of cap room and the fact that we may very well be in the same boat this offseason. Not to mention are Cover guys had the worst depth and were probably the least talented bunch in football which is the reason we moved a safety to corner. I doubt the raiders will be able to add any serious talent to the secondary given all the other more pressing concerns and financial issues. I'm assuming they will try to patch up the secondary again on the cheap while focusing on the front 7. So with all that said........

If the raiders are once again gonna go after cheap veteran corners that are "risks" than why not Namdi or Woodson rather than more guys like Ron Bartel and Shawnte Spencer?

IF they do decide to sign a veteran CB, and IF they do actually sign for cheap, then I'd prefer Woodson,a lthough I can't see him coming here. He is a better fit in this scheme.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to either. Nnamdi is a poor fit and Woodson is too old.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since neither would be cheap, absolutely not
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like another poster said, it's time to move on.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only for veteran minimum and as long as there we're clear cut young CB's that we're going to take their place. They'd be perfect for mentoring on a 1 year contract.

They'd have be stop gap and only the right option to make if no other good CB's came out in FA. I'd personally take C. Woodson as the #2 CB on the team definitely not Nnamdi and even then i'd think at 37 he'd have to rotate out often.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take Nnamdi at Safety on the cheap.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't believe more of you guys don't want Nnamdi. I would love to sign him to a deal that pays like 3ish million per year
NickButera

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
can't believe more of you guys don't want Nnamdi. I would love to sign him to a deal that pays like 3ish million per year

He'll command more money than that though. Someone will be willing to give him a good enough deal that he'll go somewhere else. However I do believe in home field advantage. He said himself he would have loved to stay but Al never even made him an offer. Perhaps if McKenzie offers him something reasonable with good incentives to make more he'd consider coming back. This is if he gets cut.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
badmoon8081

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you really think about it, it is pretty remarkable how far Namdi has fallen in just two short years. To think there were many who put him as the #2 best corner in football right next to Revis. Even though he is still in his prime and unlike Revis, has suffered no major injuries, it's amazing to me how many say that he is done. Possibly they're right. Who knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: