Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryback Pre Combine Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryback

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Ryback Pre Combine Mock Draft Reply with quote

Im new here at FF. I figured I would make a mock for the Rams.

Round 1- S - Kenny Vaccaro - Instant starter and a major upgrade from the current starters.

Round 1 - WR - Kennan Allen - Personally I would go Cordarrelle Patterson but, IMO The Rams feel like they already have Project Receiver in Quick. They are looking for a more NFL ready WR.

Round 2 - TE - Tyler Eifert - Great talent Could use some work blocking but that can be fixed. Sam Bradford needs weapons and we all know Lance Kendricks has a drop problem.

Round 3 - OT - Dallas Thomas - I feel were the picks lay the Rams will just miss out on the better tackles. Jeff Fisher isnt big on drafting O-Lineman early and Thomas is a good value pick here.

Round 4 - RB - Christine Michael - This probably wont be a popular pick but SJ39 might test FA. Yes Daryl Richardson showed signs of being a good back. Having speedsters is nice but The Rams wil need a back that can take a beating a carry the rock 20 - 30 times a game.

Round 5 - LB - Zaviar Gooden - The hometown kid. He looked great whe he stepped in for Sean Weatherspoon he looked great. But he didnt elevate his game. He is a great athlete with good potential.

Round 6 - DB - Tyrann Mathieu - We need a returner and he is as good as it gets. Im sure he will get a chance a CB as well. Tyrann has great instincts and that is something that cannot be taught.

Round 7 - DT - Brandon Williams - The late round guys that step up are Jeff Fishers specialty. This kid could turn out to be a great contribution. As well as add some depth to the D-Line.

Last edited by Ryback on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
TDerick94

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.But I am not a fan of taking a TE so early,however I like Eifert as a 2rd prospect.
Wr80

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot fixes offense a ton and gets some O-line without forgetting we have a decent prospect in Rok. Plus I love Allen.
DHanes19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres only 2 problems i see with this. I think we need to attack fixing our OLine more than anything. If bradford can have time he can work with slightly less at recieving core. I also want mathieu however i cant see all the teams letting him pass to the 6th. I think hes a 5th rounder at the very least. Too much talent to pass up. And the TE pick is sketchy. I dont think we need a TE that bad. but then again im just a huge Kendricks fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHanes19 wrote:
Theres only 2 problems i see with this. I think we need to attack fixing our OLine more than anything. If bradford can have time he can work with slightly less at recieving core. I also want mathieu however i cant see all the teams letting him pass to the 6th. I think hes a 5th rounder at the very least. Too much talent to pass up. And the TE pick is sketchy. I dont think we need a TE that bad. but then again im just a huge Kendricks fan

With O- Lineman issues I believe were we lay with our picks we are just shy of gettin any real talent so might as well wait.

I believe Tyrann will fall to the sixth. He is to undersized and legal troubles will make him fall IMO.

Personally I dont think that is to early at TE. He is a Gronk style of player. Unstoppable. He is the only player on the team that did anything against Bama in the championship game.
DHanes19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can get at least one good solid Olineman out of this draft. And i believe we have to. Other then that its a good draft for us. And idk i am a firm believer that Kendricks will step up and make an impact

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHanes19 wrote:
We can get at least one good solid Olineman out of this draft. And i believe we have to. Other then that its a good draft for us. And idk i am a firm believer that Kendricks will step up and make an impact

I feel ya another reason I didnt say the Tackle Oklahoma in the first is because Im guessing we will be picking up. Andy Levitre OG from Buffalo in FA.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Eiffert=good choice

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Williams is a projected early 2nd rounder/late 1st.. How do you get him in the 7th...?

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Ryback

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Brandon Williams is a projected early 2nd rounder/late 1st.. How do you get him in the 7th...?

Not according to my source.

Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
Height: 6-1. Weight: 341. Arm: 32 3/4. Hand: 9 5/8.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Projected Round (2012): 5-7.
2/1/13: Williams was a consistent pass-rusher over the last three seasons. He totaled 25.5 sacks over that time. Williams had 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks and five forced fumbles this year. He totaled eight sacks and 35 tackles in 2011. Williams recorded nine sacks and 17 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. He helped himself by performing well at the Senior Bowl.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DT.php
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryback wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

2/1/13: Williams was a consistent pass-rusher over the last three seasons. He totaled 25.5 sacks over that time. Williams had 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks and five forced fumbles this year. He totaled eight sacks and 35 tackles in 2011. Williams recorded nine sacks and 17 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. He helped himself by performing well at the Senior Bowl.

That source is out of date, at the Senior Bowl His stock rose to 2nd rounder. Just ask.. Like anyone on this forum aha.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryback wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Walterfootball isn't a good source.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Ryback

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Ryback wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

That source is out of date, at the Senior Bowl His stock rose to 2nd rounder. Just ask.. Like anyone on this forum aha.

It specifically says that.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryback wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Ryback wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

It specifically says that.

"It's" wrong. It says he helped himself to being a 5th-7th rounder. He is a projected 2nd rounder like everywhere else (post senior bowl) Jut trying to point it out to ya buddy, wishful thinking but impossible.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
kmklink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had to get that first round, Iwould take it ! after that , Idon't like much of it and we could use the draft better to solidify our roster. If we were to get that 1st round , Icould say this draft was graded a C+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: