Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Biggest need for the Seahawks?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Biggest need for the Seahawks? Reply with quote

On the last board I was on it seemed to be consensus D-line (all of it), and OLB.

So, what is the consensus need on this board? I feel like everyone's gonna say guard.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no we just jerk it to guards in FFMD because there is no DL worth it in FA, interior pass I would say then I would say a pass rushing OLB that is also good in coverage. If we can get a consistent pass rush our secondary is going to be amazing. I think Pete will stick with Malcolm Smith at OLB and draft DL with the first pick. or a WR which I think there is a lot of depth

WINTER IS COMING
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
no we just jerk it to guards in FFMD because there is no DL worth it in FA, interior pass I would say then I would say a pass rushing OLB that is also good in coverage. If we can get a consistent pass rush our secondary is going to be amazing. I think Pete will stick with Malcolm Smith at OLB and draft DL with the first pick. or a WR which I think there is a lot of depth

OK that explains a lot Smile lol. I totally agree with you! I'm a big Malcolm Smith fan, I hope PC has faith in him, I really want that kid to succeed! He's been through a lot, he deserves it!
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who does not see Guard and a pass rushing DT as needs one and two, in whichever order you please, is kidding themselves imo.

An argument could be made for a pass rushing OLB, but with Clem and Irvin as the starting ends in our pass rushing sets, I have a hard time justifying it being in the top 2.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Anyone who does not see Guard and a pass rushing DT as needs one and two, in whichever order you please, is kidding themselves imo.

An argument could be made for a pass rushing OLB, but with Clem and Irvin as the starting ends in our pass rushing sets, I have a hard time justifying it being in the top 2.

Well he doesn't necessarily have to be a pass rusher only. Didn't Leroy Hill blow the Miami game by letting the RB catch a ball and gain crazy YAC? Replace him. Leroy Hill and Trufant are the weak links.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Well he doesn't necessarily have to be a pass rusher only. Didn't Leroy Hill blow the Miami game by letting the RB catch a ball and gain crazy YAC? Replace him. Leroy Hill and Trufant are the weak links.

I think OG is spot of need but not as big as you make it out to be. Tom Cable does a great job with putting guys in there and getting production. I think RT is a bigger need than OG imo.. I would probably put DL, WR, OL, OLB, in that order

WINTER IS COMING
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interior O-Line and D-Line.

We need pass rushers urgently and I don't trust who we have at OG, although there is talent at OG.

PASS RUSH
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

I'm gonna agree with this, but I will add one caveat. I think we need to add a proven pass rusher somewhere on the D-line, not just a raw development project like Bruce Irvin. We have Irvin to work on, now we need a guy that has proven he can consistently get pressure because I just don't know how confident I'm feeling about Clemons returning to his old form after the knee injury.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either pass rushing DT or a DE to replace Bryant. OT in the second, LB in the third, WR in the fourth.

John and Pete can work their magic with the rest.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I think OG is spot of need but not as big as you make it out to be. Tom Cable does a great job with putting guys in there and getting production. I think RT is a bigger need than OG imo.. I would probably put DL, WR, OL, OLB, in that order
Breno is average to above average when he's not making us give up yards with dumb penalties.

The only guard we have that has ever looked consistently like they could be above average is Carp, and his injuries have kept him off the field.

McQuistan is a stop gap solution. Moffitt never seems to be healthy, and Sweezy is still incredibly raw. I mean INCREDIBLY raw. There's times were he will literally not block a LB blitzing straight through the A gap. Sweezy is the reason we don't score at the end of the first half against the Falcons

ram29jackson wrote:
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Breno is average to above average when he's not making us give up yards with dumb penalties.

The only guard we have that has ever looked consistently like they could be above average is Carp, and his injuries have kept him off the field.

McQuistan is a stop gap solution. Moffitt never seems to be healthy, and Sweezy is still incredibly raw. I mean INCREDIBLY raw. There's times were he will literally not block a LB blitzing straight through the A gap. Sweezy is the reason we don't score at the end of the first half against the Falcons

Would you take a guard in the first? I know I was really rooting for DeCastro for us last year. I don't think Warmack makes it all the way to our pick but he's obviously the best guard prospect.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Would you take a guard in the first? I know I was really rooting for DeCastro for us last year. I don't think Warmack makes it all the way to our pick but he's obviously the best guard prospect.

I think its a need, I just think that a pass rush is more of a need. If we had Matt Ryan getting at least pushed around at the end of plays then I doubt they would have had those big plays that got them the field goal.

WINTER IS COMING
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

There's two guys I would take with our first pick at Guard, Warmack and Cooper.

ram29jackson wrote:
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our WR's as a whole our above average at worst. Is anyone in disagreement with that?

Our G's as a whole are average at best. Is anyone in disagreement with that?

Because if you aren't, I can't fathom a reason for having WR over OG, better OG's give us a more dominant run game and better pass protection, both of which will help this offense and the receivers flourish.

ram29jackson wrote:
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need a pass rushing D tackle badly, however I would love to draft Warmack or Cooper in the 1st round if they fall to 25.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: