Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Figured I'd give it a go Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Figured I'd give it a go Mock Reply with quote

1.) Justin Hunter WR- Tennessee. I feel like he will solidify himself as the #2 WR in the draft. Gives Ben the big target he's been asking for.

2.) Tank Carradine OLB- Florida State. Injury makes him slip. I feel like he is a top 15 talent. Great passrusher and a massive steal in rd. 2.

3.) D.J. Swearinger FS- South Carolina- Gives us a relaible backup for Troy and Clark.

4.) Nico Johnson ILB- Bama. Thumper to groom next to Timmons.

5.) Kwame Geathers DT/DE- Georgia- Big guy who I know little about. I guess I'm looking at his size and hoping he's good.

6.) Michael Williams TE- Bama. Powerful blocker who would help our run game. Can also surprise people in the red zone.

7.) Joseph Fauria TE- UCLA- Doubling up on TE? Fauria shows great upside as a pass catcher and with Heath uncertain we need weapons.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it for the most part.

Dont like Carradine in the 2nd.

Swearinger wont last that long.

I know some dont like Nico Johnson, but I think he would be a nice 4th round pick and has upside to be a nice compliment to Timmons.

Still, overall, Id be very happy with this draft.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What 43 said. Seriously, I like it but I also agree D.J. won't be there. I LOVE the first round pick!!
cjfollett

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there needs to be a QB in there somewhere, and I would go RB in the 2nd.

Overall not bad though.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjfollett wrote:
I think there needs to be a QB in there somewhere, and I would go RB in the 2nd.

Overall not bad though.

But who? I mean unless you're going to draft someone like Geno Smith in the first round in hopes to implement the pistol offense or someone else capable of doing so, who do you draft? I wouldn't draft a QB unless I truly felt they had future starter potential, because if I didn't feel that way, I'm just as well off signing an FA Back up.
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont understant the love affair around here for D.J. Swearinger, although if you want an solid defensive player Bama,UGA, & S. Carolina are loaded.
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured I'd give it a go Mock Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
1.) Justin Hunter WR- Tennessee. I feel like he will solidify himself as the #2 WR in the draft. Gives Ben the big target he's been asking for.

2.) Tank Carradine OLB- Florida State. Injury makes him slip. I feel like he is a top 15 talent. Great passrusher and a massive steal in rd. 2.

3.) D.J. Swearinger FS- South Carolina- Gives us a relaible backup for Troy and Clark.

5.) Kwame Geathers DT/DE- Georgia- Big guy who I know little about. I guess I'm looking at his size and hoping he's good.

6.) Michael Williams TE- Bama. Powerful blocker who would help our run game. Can also surprise people in the red zone.

7.) Joseph Fauria TE- UCLA- Doubling up on TE? Fauria shows great upside as a pass catcher and with Heath uncertain we need weapons.

Like WR Justin Hunter if we don't keep Wallace. I have Hunter just ahead of Patterson.

Think DE Carradine is more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB, not sure how effectively he can drop into coverage with a speed of 4.85.

S Swearinger in the 3rd? Okay.

ILB Johnson in the 4th? Think he's a 5th rounder.

DT Geathers doesn't really fit our player type. Our DE's are as tall as can be and about 300 lbs, they have to shift into the passing lane and hold their ground and the edge. Our NT type is short (preferably 6 foot) and about 325 lbs when they're young. Geathers is much too tall to be as effective at NT as we need and he's much too heavy to play DE for us. Now, can we force a square pegg into a round hole? Sure, but it's getting too far from ideal.

Don't think we need another blocking TE, we've got too many as it is.
cjfollett

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
cjfollett wrote:

Overall not bad though.

But who? I mean unless you're going to draft someone like Geno Smith in the first round in hopes to implement the pistol offense or someone else capable of doing so, who do you draft? I wouldn't draft a QB unless I truly felt they had future starter potential, because if I didn't feel that way, I'm just as well off signing an FA Back up.

This is not the year to draft Ben's future replacement. However, it needs to be the year we find a competent back-up who can get us through a couple games without falling apart or getting hurt.

It won't happen, but if Matt Barkley slipped to the 3rd round, I'd take him.

Not sure who you get as a FA, but Leftwich and Batch are just not going to cut it again. I am not even sure Batch comes back one more year. I'd like the Steelers to bring in Owen Daniels, but I'd bet he re-signs with NO.

As for the draft, I like these guys:

4th Round
Landry Jones, OK, 6-4, 221
Zac Dysert, Miami (OH), 6-3, 224

7th Round
Jeff Tuel, WA St., 6-3, 221
Troofax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjfollett wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
cjfollett wrote:

Overall not bad though.

This is not the year to draft Ben's future replacement. However, it needs to be the year we find a competent back-up who can get us through a couple games without falling apart or getting hurt.

It won't happen, but if Matt Barkley slipped to the 3rd round, I'd take him.

Not sure who you get as a FA, but Leftwich and Batch are just not going to cut it again. I am not even sure Batch comes back one more year. I'd like the Steelers to bring in Owen Daniels, but I'd bet he re-signs with NO.

As for the draft, I like these guys:

4th Round
Landry Jones, OK, 6-4, 221
Zac Dysert, Miami (OH), 6-3, 224

7th Round
Jeff Tuel, WA St., 6-3, 221

Jeff Tuel? Are you related to him or something? He wasn't very good at WSU...I don't see him getting drafted. Maybe I shouldn't speak of this, since I haven't seen as much WSU football as in past years, but I wasn't impressed in the slightest. I know its a 7th, but still.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured I'd give it a go Mock Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:

He's my man crush at WR and he seems to be skyrocketing in the Forum. I had him as a number two option last week and early this week, but I am now convinced with a solid Combine/Pro Day he will be drafted anywhere between 15-25. Love the pick

Switch the #2 and #3 in my opinion.

I think he is a number 2. I like the pick though.

I like this pick. He reminds me of former Steeler MLB David Little.

I had a fun discussion on another thread about him. I like the "Gelatenous Mass." I don't think he lasts this long though. I think someone takes him round 3.

I think this would be a great value here. I love the pick and what he can do to help in the run game and be a red zone threat with his size.

I wouldn't go back to back TE. Maybe they can find a back-up C or G here. I am not a huge Legs fan because of his size and strength. With the new zone blocking scheme, he may be more effective. I personally prefer my OL's to be more like hogs than decathletes.

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured I'd give it a go Mock Reply with quote

Dook wrote:

Like WR Justin Hunter if we don't keep Wallace. I have Hunter just ahead of Patterson.

Think DE Carradine is more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB, not sure how effectively he can drop into coverage with a speed of 4.85.

S Swearinger in the 3rd? Okay.

ILB Johnson in the 4th? Think he's a 5th rounder.

DT Geathers doesn't really fit our player type. Our DE's are as tall as can be and about 300 lbs, they have to shift into the passing lane and hold their ground and the edge. Our NT type is short (preferably 6 foot) and about 325 lbs when they're young. Geathers is much too tall to be as effective at NT as we need and he's much too heavy to play DE for us. Now, can we force a square pegg into a round hole? Sure, but it's getting too far from ideal.

Don't think we need another blocking TE, we've got too many as it is.

I know how we run the defense, I just saw Geathers on a site and it had him as a 5th round pick. Maybe he can drop a little weight and provide us with a decent rotational guy for NT and DE plus giving us a little passrush in the middle. I didn't really expect him to be a starter.

In regards to your TE comment, sure we may have a lot of blocking TE's on our roster, but are any of them worth a damn?

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel exactly the same as 43. Nice mock.
cjfollett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:

Jeff Tuel? Are you related to him or something? He wasn't very good at WSU...I don't see him getting drafted. Maybe I shouldn't speak of this, since I haven't seen as much WSU football as in past years, but I wasn't impressed in the slightest. I know its a 7th, but still.

There are not a lot of QB options this year, but I have seen mocks with the Steelers taking Klein from KS St. in the 3rd or 4th. Tuel has a better arm. 7th is worth a shot if for no other reason than you have an extra arm in camp.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjfollett wrote:
7th is worth a shot if for no other reason than you have an extra arm in camp.

I totally disagree with this. You may as well bring Jerrod Johnson back if you just want another arm in camp.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
cjfollett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we're all set with Batch and Leftwich then?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: