Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LAniner TO SOON mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANiner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: LAniner TO SOON mock draft Reply with quote

Was working on a draft for a while wanted to wait till the whole alex situation got taken care of but eh here goes

1st round pick traded to Arizona for their 2nd and 4th round pick (arizona jumps the chiefs for the rights to Matt Barkley)

2nd round pick (from Arizona)
TE Zach Ertz

2nd 4th (arizona) and 6th round pick (Traded for Pittsburgh 2nd round pick)
DE Dantone Jones

3rd Round Pick (from Carolina
NT Brandon Williams

3rd Round Pick
WR Darrick Rodgers

3rd Round Comp Pick
CB Logan Ryan

4th Round Pick
K Caleb Sturgis

5th Round Pick (indi)
S Brandon Bishop

5th Round Pick
C Graham Pocic

6th Round Pick (miami)
ILB Michael Mauti

6th round comp pick
OT Elvis Fisher

7th Round Pick (cincinatti) traded for future 6th round pick

7th round pick traded for future pick

7th round comp pick
OLB David Bass

7th round comp pick
QB Alex Carder

blast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know many of the bottom round prospects, but the first few seem solid. I have a feeling Da'rick Rogers falls come draft day, like in the 4-5th ground just because of how deep this class is.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now, I'd be surprised if all of these prospects fell to those spots... but if this were our draft? It's an easy for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the draft, we'll be mock drafting a kicker in the third. These mocks started with a kicker in the 7th. Then it moved on to 6th, 5th and now 4th. It just shows how terrible Akers has been, and how much his suckiness is weighing on our minds. If there was a first round worthy kicker (if there's such a thing anymore), many people wouldn't even mind taking him.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'm still wondering if Akers was so inconsistent because of that injury? or whether he just lost confidence... or what the deal was. Either way... makes too much $ for what we are getting lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 49ers could pay me less to miss FGs.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:

For real, and at 6'4 225 I'm probably a better tackler too. No way Jacoby would have got past me! Unless he out ran me.... Ok he would have got past me unless he ran within a three foot radius of where I was... Ok he probably would have got past me unless he ran directly into me.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
blast wrote:

For real, and at 6'4 225 I'm probably a better tackler too. No way Jacoby would have got past me! Unless he out ran me.... Ok he would have got past me unless he ran within a three foot radius of where I was... Ok he probably would have got past me unless he ran directly into me.

So, you pretty much would only tackle Tom Brady, with a referee's help, right? Wink

I could probably kick 60% of my extra point. Anything over 20 yards might be difficult.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
blast wrote:

So, you pretty much would only tackle Tom Brady, with a referee's help, right? Wink

I could probably kick 60% of my extra point. Anything over 20 yards might be difficult.

With the referees help? Hell if I tackled Tom Brady I'd be penalized. I think if there was some way you could have plays somewhat funneled to you, but not have to face anybody over 215 pounds, I would be an excellent defender in the NFL. Its that whole trying to catch track stars and trying to overpower guys with super-human strength thing that gets me.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
SquadraOvest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the players, but I don't see Datone lasting until the 2nd round. He's going to keep climbing as the draft approaches and likely be out of our reach, even in the first.

I also like the idea of trading back, but for higher picks next year. If we could trade out of the first to the middle of the 2nd and garner an extra 1st next year then we'll have something. I'm also in favor of trading one of our 3rds for a 2nd next year, and our own 4th for a 3rd next year (assuming our comp pick will be a 4th rounder and not a 3rd rounder). Finally, we trade our own late 5th, and our own late 6th as well for a 4th and 5th in next year's draft.

This makes so much sense because we will still have lots of picks this year, but will be even more set up the following year.

In that scenario, our picks this year will be:

2nd Zach Ertz TE
2nd Jonathan Cyprien SS
3rd Brandon Williams NT
4th Darius Slay CB
5th Dustin Hopkins K
6th Khaled Holmes C
7th Jordon Rodgers QB
7th Jasper Collins WR

We can use two of the 7ths to maneuver a little in the 5th and 6th round, and we still have 8 draft picks, a more realistic scenario considering how many rookies would likely make the team.

Better still, this is our draft next year:

1st
1st
2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
4th
5th
5th
6th
7th
7th
mrscottso

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ I'm still wondering if Akers was so inconsistent because of that injury? or whether he just lost confidence... or what the deal was. Either way... makes too much $ for what we are getting lately.

We could sign one via fa. Wouldn't mind Nick Folk from the Jets. Would hate to draft one and him not be good.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

We could sign one via fa. Wouldn't mind Nick Folk from the Jets. Would hate to draft one and him not be good.

hmm no to folk. He had a good start to his career but he's drifting down since.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: