You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Jarvis Jones slide?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Common theme I see with this class, the gurus saying that 5-25 there isn't a big difference in talent. And there is no 'WOW' guy in this class.

I think trading down is going to be difficult. Just not seeing the value for a team trading up. You don't shell out multiple picks to land a player that isn't doesn't jump off the page IMO.

Big trades come for guys like Julio Jones and RGIII. None of that in this class.

There will be nothing like Jones or RGIII, no, not until next year but I could most certainly see people jumping up to get Joeckel or Fisher. While I agree there are no "wow" prospects, there are some solid choices and those two seem like safe bets and I'm sure people will be interested in them.

Someone will break out at the combine

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
G wrote:

So with no comp s factored in we go from 3/68/99/6/7 to 10/39/68/71/99/6/7 Very Happy
I could see:
10 DT Hankins
39 CB Ryan
68 TE if Escobar is there, DB if not. S Jefferson, Huff to CB
71 C/G Fredrick (slide Wisnewski next to JV again.
99 injured pass rusher, probably Q Smith would love 'Tank' C here but probably off the board. If we didn't get a TE earlier then maybe one here. Bama TE Michael Williams.

No trades I go 3 DT Star, 68 C/G Fredrick, 99 CB McFadden or Hawthore, Wreh-Wilson

If we didn't get a DE w/ the second pick, I'd be furious especially if a CB was the pick instead. Funny thing is, w/o your trades, you mock is the first two picks I made in mine Smile

I honestly think the value at CB will be great there (39) and DE though REALLY NEEDED, I can't see a player sliding that far without an injury.
I think Okfor and Montgomery will make it to the 2nd round and get taken out in the picks before 39...
Star STUD and needed with Seymour gone and Kelly soon if not next year.
Fredrick at RG or C and depth at C is solved. Not wanting JV to back it up. Laughing
I'd love QB Smith to fall if Philly wanted to give us their 35 to move up a spot and then Arizona gives us 38. At 35 I've projected DE Montgomery
Tank Carradine with the 68 pick followed by Fredrick would work for me. Smile
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO let someone else take a shot on geno smith, IMO he's got potential but at the same time he's not a standout. If I'm drafting a qb that high, I want a guy that were excited for.... The way luck was to Indy and rg3 was to the skins. To me, geno smith isn't someone I'm gonna be excited for, just hoping he pans out and doesn't bust... I know there's people that'll disagree with me but I let Pryor start a year before I draft smith. This year was insane for proving how much mobile, young qbs can add to an offense. Even rg3 took criticism for being raw or playing in a gimmick offense.... The fact of the matter is, it worked. IMO Pryor deserves a shot... At the very least I don't think there's really a better alternative, no elite qb in the draft... Palmers clearly not the solution, not enough money to sign one in fa...

In terms of trading down, i agree with what's been said... There's always a couple guys that teams basically get man crushes on based on 40 times and physiques. That's essentially what caused Julio jones to sky rocket IMO. I Also find it very possible that someone will try and reach on a qb... Happens all the time... Ponder, locker, tannehill, etc...
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
IMO let someone else take a shot on geno smith, IMO he's got potential but at the same time he's not a standout. If I'm drafting a qb that high, I want a guy that were excited for.... The way luck was to Indy and rg3 was to the skins. To me, geno smith isn't someone I'm gonna be excited for, just hoping he pans out and doesn't bust... I know there's people that'll disagree with me but I let Pryor start a year before I draft smith. This year was insane for proving how much mobile, young qbs can add to an offense. Even rg3 took criticism for being raw or playing in a gimmick offense.... The fact of the matter is, it worked. IMO Pryor deserves a shot... At the very least I don't think there's really a better alternative, no elite qb in the draft... Palmers clearly not the solution, not enough money to sign one in fa...

In terms of trading down, i agree with what's been said... There's always a couple guys that teams basically get man crushes on based on 40 times and physiques. That's essentially what caused Julio jones to sky rocket IMO. I Also find it very possible that someone will try and reach on a qb... Happens all the time... Ponder, locker, tannehill, etc...

While i think Geno Smith has some intriguing aspects, he's too much of a gamble for us to take IMO. This is Reggie's first full draft and he'll be absolutely desperate to nail a couple of top picks. I can see safe, maybe even underwhelming picks for us. A rebuilding team has to be absolutely certain about taking a QB in the 1st round as this position if it doesn't pan out will set the francise back another 3 years ala Russel, Gabbert, Couch etc.

Smith would be a great pick for a team like the Bills or Jaguars who have starting QBs that are average and are looking for an upgrade without having to rush Smith into action immediately, similar the the 49ers and Kaepernick.

IMHO we'll be looking long and hard at Fisher, Warmack, Datone Jones, Okafor with a trade down involved. Jarvis Jones may be too much of a risk for Reggie's first big and heavily scrutinized pick.
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:

While i think Geno Smith has some intriguing aspects, he's too much of a gamble for us to take IMO. This is Reggie's first full draft and he'll be absolutely desperate to nail a couple of top picks. I can see safe, maybe even underwhelming picks for us. A rebuilding team has to be absolutely certain about taking a QB in the 1st round as this position if it doesn't pan out will set the francise back another 3 years ala Russel, Gabbert, Couch etc.

Smith would be a great pick for a team like the Bills or Jaguars who have starting QBs that are average and are looking for an upgrade without having to rush Smith into action immediately, similar the the 49ers and Kaepernick.

IMHO we'll be looking long and hard at Fisher, Warmack, Datone Jones, Okafor with a trade down involved. Jarvis Jones may be too much of a risk for Reggie's first big and heavily scrutinized pick.

+1. I agree with the bolded. I can see Reggie crossing a number of players straight of his board and if he can't trade down, I could see a safe BPA pick, possibly even reaching a bit for a player he sees as having high floor but not a hugely high ceiling. I honestly could see him fall for Warmack or Fisher, hope for a trade down, not get one as no teams are willing to trade up and just picking up said players at no. 3 anyway.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: