Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Jarvis Jones slide?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Will Jarvis Jones slide? Reply with quote

Hey guys, just wondering what you think of the rumors about Jones and his spinal condition... heard a good amount of speculation that you could see him going as late as mid round 1.

If jones falls, how would you feel about trading down to get him mid round? For me, that would be a dream scenario, i think we're in a good position to trade down at the 3rd spot and for me with the positions we're looking at (DE/OLB,LB, NT,) i think theres a lot of depth in this draft. Too me, jadeveon clowney would be the only rusher i'd look at at #3 if he were in this draft.

As well, if we were to trade down from 3 to say 15-17, what kinda trade value are we looking at? Precedent would say that we'd get pretty good value, it cost atlanta an arm and a leg to move up to 6 to get julio jones, same thing with dallas and morris claiborn...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure how you can trade down for a guy falling?
Tacos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was fully cleared to play in the NFL if the article I read is correct. If it's true I cannot see him falling without a bad combine.

As much as I want him I think we really need to wait until FA to worry. If we lose Bryant and hopefully cut Kelly we're screwed at DT.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda hoping San Diego would fall in love with him and want to trade up to #3 to get him.....

Then I woke up.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
He was fully cleared to play in the NFL if the article I read is correct. If it's true I cannot see him falling without a bad combine.

As much as I want him I think we really need to wait until FA to worry. If we lose Bryant and hopefully cut Kelly we're screwed at DT.

The Raiders are hardly irreparably damaged if we lose Bryant and Kelly. No team in the NFL overvalues its UDFAs more than the Raiders. I'm surprised we are not advocating trading for Kellen heard and Stevie Brown (7th).

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Will Jarvis Jones slide? Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering what you think of the rumors about Jones and his spinal condition... heard a good amount of speculation that you could see him going as late as mid round 1.

If jones falls, how would you feel about trading down to get him mid round? For me, that would be a dream scenario, i think we're in a good position to trade down at the 3rd spot and for me with the positions we're looking at (DE/OLB,LB, NT,) i think theres a lot of depth in this draft. Too me, jadeveon clowney would be the only rusher i'd look at at #3 if he were in this draft.

As well, if we were to trade down from 3 to say 15-17, what kinda trade value are we looking at? Precedent would say that we'd get pretty good value, it cost atlanta an arm and a leg to move up to 6 to get julio jones, same thing with dallas and morris claiborn...

Jones being cleared to play has nothing to do with his long-term outlook. Jarvis will probably have an excellent albeit short career. Why would the Raiders who are doing a long-term overhaul invest in a short-term prospect? It's not that he can't play, his career will be shorter. What part of that don't you get? Laugh now, cry later . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Tacos wrote:

The Raiders are hardly irreparably damaged if we lose Bryant and Kelly. No team in the NFL overvalues its UDFAs more than the Raiders. I'm surprised we are not advocating trading for Kellen heard and Stevie Brown (7th).

Don't be ridiculous. Kelly and Bryant actually played well before they hit free agency as UDFAs. Bryant will land a nice deal, and I hope it's with us. I just don't want us to overpay.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope someone wants him bad enough they trade us for him.

PM sig requests.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones could go anywhere in the top 5. The only thing that could hold him back would be a non assuring physical on his spine at the combine.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Not quite sure how you can trade down for a guy falling?

If Jones falls far enough, we'll call "takesies backsies" and retroactively trade back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that he's not really a weight room type of guy so his combine will be a little underwhelming which will cause him to slip a little combined with the back problems.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to trade down it would have to be for a building block type player. And you just don't build around an OLB. If we were to trade down I would need to do it with the Rams for #16 and #20. That way we could nab guys like Warmack or Williams or even Fluker. You build around your guys up front. There are more than enough linebacker types.

The bottom line is that teams can scheme away from a special OLB. You can't scheme away from a DT or a solid OL. You regularly have to deal with those guys no matter what scheme you run.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
If we were to trade down it would have to be for a building block type player. And you just don't build around an OLB. If we were to trade down I would need to do it with the Rams for #16 and #20. That way we could nab guys like Warmack or Williams or even Fluker. You build around your guys up front. There are more than enough linebacker types.

The bottom line is that teams can scheme away from a special OLB. You can't scheme away from a DT or a solid OL. You regularly have to deal with those guys no matter what scheme you run.

Didn't stop Dennis Allen from getting Von Miller in the draft so I don't think he would shy away from him. And a team without an outside rusher I don't see how that can't be a possibility.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drunkos weren't as needy as we are on the OL at that time either. Why would you want to draft a rush OLB without being strong up the middle? How the hell are we going to be able to improve our rush defense? Or upgrade our OL I'm order to go to the PBS?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
The Drunkos weren't as needy as we are on the OL at that time either. Why would you want to draft a rush OLB without being strong up the middle? How the hell are we going to be able to improve our rush defense? Or upgrade our OL I'm order to go to the PBS?

Too many questions unanswered. I could add why would you not want someone who can get us sacks when we could barely get pressure last year? Literally none.

Strong up the middle can be improved upon many ways, FA, later draft picks, trades, too early to say. We did the power blocking scheme 2 years ago and thrived in it so we don't need a complete overhaul. It all comes down to who the staff falls in love with. We have a weakness at literally every spot so this is almost totally up in the air.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: