Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arodfanboy Mock #ahhhh....
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade?
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
C
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
D
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
F
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author Message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4261
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Arodfanboy Mock #ahhhh.... Reply with quote

Not resigned/retained

Greg Jennings
John Kuhn
Erik Walden
Donald Driver
Jeff Saturday

Resigned

Sam Shields
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Brad Jones
Tom Crabtree
Charles Woodson (restructured)

Free Agency

Richard Seymour, DE, Oakland Raiders



Ted obviously isn't likely to make a ton of moves in free agency, however I think Seymour makes a ton of sense. He's getting up there in age, but the late season injury to Worthy, the uncertainty of Mike Neal and the overall lack of interior push make this a solid move. Signs a friendly 3 year deal to try to win a SB with us. Probably only plays 2 years.

NFL Draft

4th Round compensatory pick for Matt Flynn

TRADE Packers trade their first round pick (#26) to the Chiefs for their 2nd and a 4th

2nd Round A

D.J Swearinger FS South Carolina



Some may argue this is a little early for D.J, however I believe he is exactly what this defense needs and getting our guy is more important on a team capable of making a deep run then worrying about perfect value. Swearinger is surprisingly strong, rangy, fluid and most importantly not afraid to lay the wood. He may not be able to move Burnett back over to SS, where I feel he is better but I don't think it's a stretch to say D.J can play FS. Great pickup early in the second for this team.

2nd Round B

Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia



With the departure of both Driver and Jennings, finding another target for Arod to keep him happy moves up the needs list. Bailey won't be much of a factor on the outside early (until he is capable of running MM's route tree), however he and Cobb on the inside could be absolute hell for teams to scheme for very early on. Stedman is a good hands catcher, shows good open field vision and has a ton of ability in the open field to pick up YAC. I hope we can resign Jones, but if we can't Bailey will help.

3rd Round

Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA



I've used Franklin in previous mocks, and I will probably use him more often as well. He isn't that thick, but he is very tough and willing to get physical for a smaller back. He also has extremely deceptive quickness and pretty good vision as well. He's well worth a 3rd round pick.

4th Round A

Brian Schwenke C California



Schwenke has become more popular in mocks around here, and rightfully so. He has shown ability both in a power scheme, but also fits our zone scheme as well. EDS surprised me last year but he's never going to be a top C and finding someone to push him is a priority. Schwenke should do that.

4th Round B

Tyler Bray QB Tennessee



Bray could be a first rounder if he wasn't a bit of a headache. He has a great arm, but lacks polish. Insert Mac's QB school. We could see a big turn-around on him if A-Rod were to go down and Bray is given time to show what he has in the future. Hopefully get us more then Flynn did. I like B.J Coleman, but he's a bit of an unknown and Harrell is awful.

4th Round C

Nick Kasa TE Colorado



Kasa moved from Defensive End to Tight End before his senior season at Colorado, and showed some serious potential as a pass catcher at the position. He obviously will need some time to grow, but another year of Finley and a couple NFL off seasons could do him a lot of good. TE may be a 1st round need next year, however he has the most potential of any prospect that will be left on the board at this point (in my opinion).

5th Round

Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech



Depth guard draftee who is a perfect for the ZBS and gives us much needed depth on the inside. Cant go wrong in the 5th with that. Moves very well for a man his size and has room to improve.

6th Round

Lonnie Pryor FB Florida State



With the loss of Kuhn, finding a competent FB is a good idea. I wouldn't mind D.J Williams there, but Pryor is the next Marcel Reese to me. Moves well, willing blocker both in the run and pass, also can make a play with the ball and has solid hands for a FB. I would love him in the 6th, maybe a 5th rounder however.

7th Round

Montori Hughes NT Tennessee-Martin



Hughes Probably could have went much higher this year if he hadn't been kicked off the Tennessee team earlier in his career. In the 7th, he's worth a risk. Raji is a terrific NT but needs a snap off here and there and Hughes offers just that. Could develop into a good spell option if his past is behind him. If not, cut your ties and admit your mistake.


Last edited by ArodFanboy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 30395
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Brandon Williams is projected to be a 2nd round pick. No way he's last til the 7th.

I'm curious to see how Stedman runs. I really like him and think he might end up being a good value pick due to the depth of the position this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3284
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Brandon Williams like a second day guy, not a seventh round pick?

I usually see him in like the third round in mocks, and the combine is only going to help him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 34980
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Brandon Williams is projected to be a 2nd round pick. No way he's last til the 7th.


This. Guys his size with the movement skills he has are always in demand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4261
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, the site I was using had Williams listed as a 7th. Ill switch him out with another NT prospect that should go late.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byzr


Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 3063
Location: Kentucky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gave it a B.

i'd rather have Williams than the running back. i see our offense much like the eagles, running backs are an after thought, so drafting one that high isn't high on my priorities.

the fourth round QB seems to high as well to many holes to fill.

i like the IDEA of Seymour but just not sure how realistic it is with TTs history. he would definitely shore up the missing spot left by Jenkins. hey it worked once signing out of Oakland so I say get some hot chick to blow on the dice and roll em.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cooters22


Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the trade at all, no reason to trade back to only pick up another 4th. I see that a too risky of a proposition.

Not overly fond of this draft, I'm not sold on the Center from Cali like so many people are mocking us, we need a bigger body there. He does seem like a gamer though.

This draft doesn't address our OT position early at all, I think it needs to get addressed earlier than we did.

Not fond of taking a WR, so early. Whomever we pick there is only going to be our 4th, 5th receiver at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smetana34


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 3112
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
I don't like the trade at all, no reason to trade back to only pick up another 4th. I see that a too risky of a proposition.

Not overly fond of this draft, I'm not sold on the Center from Cali like so many people are mocking us, we need a bigger body there. He does seem like a gamer though.

This draft doesn't address our OT position early at all, I think it needs to get addressed earlier than we did.

Not fond of taking a WR, so early. Whomever we pick there is only going to be our 4th, 5th receiver at best.


The OT position should go unaddressed in this draft, IMO. We're getting our two starting OT's back. Newhouse/Barclay are very capable backups. No reason to waste a pick on the line.

And you don't pay attention to the way Ted drafts if you don't like the WR early. Jones and Nelson have expiring contracts in the next 1-2 years. He's getting their replacement now. Cobb was drafted in advance to take Jennings spot. And whoever we take this year will take Jones spot, if I had to guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2935
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
I don't like the trade at all, no reason to trade back to only pick up another 4th. I see that a too risky of a proposition.

Not overly fond of this draft, I'm not sold on the Center from Cali like so many people are mocking us, we need a bigger body there. He does seem like a gamer though.

This draft doesn't address our OT position early at all, I think it needs to get addressed earlier than we did.

Not fond of taking a WR, so early. Whomever we pick there is only going to be our 4th, 5th receiver at best.


The OT position should go unaddressed in this draft, IMO. We're getting our two starting OT's back. Newhouse/Barclay are very capable backups. No reason to waste a pick on the line.

And you don't pay attention to the way Ted drafts if you don't like the WR early. Jones and Nelson have expiring contracts in the next 1-2 years. He's getting their replacement now. Cobb was drafted in advance to take Jennings spot. And whoever we take this year will take Jones spot, if I had to guess.


To piggy back and poo poo on your other point at 6'3" 310ish lbs Fredrick is really the only draftable player at C in the last 5 years that is discernibly "bigger". If you are looking for a C prospect "bigger" than Schwenke you are going to have a very small group to choose from.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 34980
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
Not overly fond of this draft, I'm not sold on the Center from Cali like so many people are mocking us, we need a bigger body there. He does seem like a gamer though.


Centers in general tend to be smaller than the rest of the offensive line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
packattack86


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2902
Location: Springfield, IL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too high for Swearinger and Bailey IMO. I might be ok w/ DJ at our original 2nd, but no the one you traded for. I also think DL is a much bigger need and should be addressed well before the 7th. Maybe switch out Bray for a DL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3686
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are others much higher on DJ than me, so I can't fault you, but I can't say I think he's what we need.

No on the slot WR.

Franklin yes, Schwenke yes

QB is not a 4th round need for me, and Bray is a brat.

Kasa's not a great receiver, and his athleticism and potential is not enough to push him into the 4th IMO. He has a lot of accrued minor injuries too. There are too many guys just plain better than he is.

Don't like taking a pure Guard prospect, we already have Barclay for depth there and we still can scoot EDS over if need be.

FB is a waste of a pick IMO.

Why not, its the 7th.
_________________
Stop me if you've heard this one: a stockholder and a skypilot walk into a bar...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cooters22


Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
I don't like the trade at all, no reason to trade back to only pick up another 4th. I see that a too risky of a proposition.

Not overly fond of this draft, I'm not sold on the Center from Cali like so many people are mocking us, we need a bigger body there. He does seem like a gamer though.

This draft doesn't address our OT position early at all, I think it needs to get addressed earlier than we did.

Not fond of taking a WR, so early. Whomever we pick there is only going to be our 4th, 5th receiver at best.


The OT position should go unaddressed in this draft, IMO. We're getting our two starting OT's back. Newhouse/Barclay are very capable backups. No reason to waste a pick on the line.

And you don't pay attention to the way Ted drafts if you don't like the WR early. Jones and Nelson have expiring contracts in the next 1-2 years. He's getting their replacement now. Cobb was drafted in advance to take Jennings spot. And whoever we take this year will take Jones spot, if I had to guess.


Our OL sucked last year, end of story. I could care less our starting OT's and OG's are coming back. Fact of the matter is that our guys didn't get it done. I'm not calling for complete overhauls, but we need some fixing at that position. End of story! And until Sherrod gets on the field, lets all hold judgement. And is Lang going to pick up his play? Is EDS a good starting center, not just a average, capable guy. Lot's of questions. A wasted pick you say, nonsense. Football is won in the trenches and qb play in this league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cooters22


Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
Not overly fond of this draft, I'm not sold on the Center from Cali like so many people are mocking us, we need a bigger body there. He does seem like a gamer though.


Centers in general tend to be smaller than the rest of the offensive line.


For some reason I thought he (Schwe) was a 295 lb. guy. I like the pick, just have been hearing over and over and over ever since Scott Wells played there that we wanted to get bigger there. So I guess I was assuming like a 315 lb. guy or so there. I've heard nothing but good about Schwenke there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smetana34


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 3112
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
smetana34 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
I don't like the trade at all, no reason to trade back to only pick up another 4th. I see that a too risky of a proposition.

Not overly fond of this draft, I'm not sold on the Center from Cali like so many people are mocking us, we need a bigger body there. He does seem like a gamer though.

This draft doesn't address our OT position early at all, I think it needs to get addressed earlier than we did.

Not fond of taking a WR, so early. Whomever we pick there is only going to be our 4th, 5th receiver at best.


The OT position should go unaddressed in this draft, IMO. We're getting our two starting OT's back. Newhouse/Barclay are very capable backups. No reason to waste a pick on the line.

And you don't pay attention to the way Ted drafts if you don't like the WR early. Jones and Nelson have expiring contracts in the next 1-2 years. He's getting their replacement now. Cobb was drafted in advance to take Jennings spot. And whoever we take this year will take Jones spot, if I had to guess.


Our OL sucked last year, end of story. I could care less our starting OT's and OG's are coming back. Fact of the matter is that our guys didn't get it done.


Confused Are you reading what you write? The guys who "didn't get it done" shouldn't be seeing the field next year. Why? Because we're getting our #1 and #2 OT's back. What more do you want? Lang and Sitton were fine, and EDS looked good is his limited time. How is any drafted rookie more proven than Sherrod? We already made the investment on him. He's going to get his looks.

What this team needs is health. And with the way things have gone the last fews seasons, we're overdue for some luck for a change.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group