Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs working on long-term deals with WR Bowe, OL Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY SOMETHING IN HERE FOR EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW THE CHIEFS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Albert have both expressed interest in staying in KC for the entire duration of their nfl careers.

BOWE-
Quote:
"Why wouldn't I want to stay here? It's a no-brainer for me,” Bowe told Adam Tiecher of the Kansas City Star, who reports he became emphatic about the topic when it came up. "I never said I didn't want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That's crazy to me.

"When I heard that, I was like, 'Where did that come from?' I never said I wanted out. Please clear that up for me. Do I play like I don't want to be here? I just keep my mouth closed and play the game. That's what I do. Please tell everybody to stop saying I'm a bad guy. I just don't talk (to the media much)."

ALBERT-
Quote:
“Of course,” Albert said, via Arrowhead Pride. “I’ve been here five years, I was drafted by the Chiefs. My home is there, been living there, and Chiefs fans for the most part have been kind to me. I want to be a Chief.”

These are just the 2 most recent quotes I pulled up. Follow them on Twitter, watch interviews with them. They like it in KC.

Bowe could be saying that to make himself look better. Ya know, get more $ thrown at him from other teams...

Not saying what he said isn't true, but it's hard to believe a player of his caliber and age wouldn't want to go to a contender/better QB situation.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY SOMETHING IN HERE FOR EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW THE CHIEFS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Albert have both expressed interest in staying in KC for the entire duration of their nfl careers.

BOWE-
Quote:
"Why wouldn't I want to stay here? It's a no-brainer for me,” Bowe told Adam Tiecher of the Kansas City Star, who reports he became emphatic about the topic when it came up. "I never said I didn't want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That's crazy to me.

"When I heard that, I was like, 'Where did that come from?' I never said I wanted out. Please clear that up for me. Do I play like I don't want to be here? I just keep my mouth closed and play the game. That's what I do. Please tell everybody to stop saying I'm a bad guy. I just don't talk (to the media much)."

ALBERT-
Quote:
“Of course,” Albert said, via Arrowhead Pride. “I’ve been here five years, I was drafted by the Chiefs. My home is there, been living there, and Chiefs fans for the most part have been kind to me. I want to be a Chief.”

These are just the 2 most recent quotes I pulled up. Follow them on Twitter, watch interviews with them. They like it in KC.

Bowe could be saying that to make himself look better. Ya know, get more $ thrown at him from other teams...

Not saying what he said isn't true, but it's hard to believe a player of his caliber and age wouldn't want to go to a contender/better QB situation.

Well he said it throughout the year with Pioli and Crennel still part of the team so I really don't think so. Also, look at his car:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/830/733/DwayneBoweDodge_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

It really doesn't seem that Dwayne Bowe wants out. Don't believe everything the media throws out there. Actually, dont believe any of it. Just believe Billy Spikes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs just need a good QB to get them over the top.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are two of their best players, smart of the Chiefs to try and lock them both up. They are big pieces of the team now and in the future if they stay.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks an Albert for foles deal makes too much sense for both teams to happen?

Yes. We already have Jason Peters and his contract. Adding Albert along with his payday would cost to much. If Philly were to add a OT why not go the cheap route with pick #4? There is a chance though the opposite happens and KC signs Albert , takes Star #1 and trades for Foles utilizing their 2nd. Seems like a high price for Foles but Having a QB both AR and Petterson are familiar with that knows the offense through and through. Paying the pipper makes sense. Especially if another player like Avant is added as well.

I laughed at Foles for a 2nd. Not a snowballs chance in hell. You'll be lucky to get same round compensation. Yes, I know the FO in KC likes Foles, but trading #34 for him? Not a chance.

Laugh all to want but you can't undervalue the fact all party's are familiar with, have experience in and able to start day one of mini camps running Andy Reids offense. It's the reason I still think Vick is still a real option via trade after the restructure for a late rd pick. Yes I think they, like others were hoping Vick was cut and signed on the cheap. If you noticed I also suggested a extra player (familiar with) could be added to bring the value of Foles back up to the 3rd you suggested. FOLES WILL NOT be dealt for anything less then a high 3rd (if at all) but given the connections with KC/FO it's not out of the possibility what I 've suggested is either IMO.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Bears fan can you please let Albert walk.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see the chiefs keep both players, always been a Bowe fan. If they can get a decent QB they can go be good next year
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep hearing some of you say they're a QB away and I agree. If they can get these guys both re-signed then drafting Geno is a no-brainer. Sure Joeckel would be nice but they wouldn't need him with Albert there and I doubt they go with Star as they have Poe who was drafted early just a year ago.

Keeping Albert ensures Geno has a solid LT and Bowe ensures he has a legit #1 WR. No-brainer to get a QB to go with those to improve an offense which could be a QB away. It has some of the right pieces already if these players are kept.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really need to keep them if they pursue a young QB in the draft

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC Faithful: If push came to shove and you could only keep one, which one do you want to keep of the two?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
KC Faithful: If push came to shove and you could only keep one, which one do you want to keep of the two?

Bowe

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe should come to the Lions. Pray

Good for the Chiefs. Bring these guys back and now with Reid hopefully they can bring in a QB.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

May be surprising, but Bowe. I just say this because our backup LT Donald Stephenson did pretty good when he filled in for Albert last year, and outside of Bowe our WR's have shown nothing at all. Bowe also seems like a safer bet to stay healthy. And looking far ahead draft wise, we could replace Albert with Joeckel 1st overall, and Bowe would be a lot harder to replace.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

May be surprising, but Bowe. I just say this because our backup LT Donald Stephenson did pretty good when he filled in for Albert last year, and outside of Bowe our WR's have shown nothing at all. Bowe also seems like a safer bet to stay healthy. And looking far ahead draft wise, we could replace Albert with Joeckel 1st overall, and Bowe would be a lot harder to replace.

Or we re-sign Bowe and then if we have to, consider franchising Albert. That lets us go with Albert in 2013 and gives us some more time to see what we have in Stephenson (who I think has alot of upside).

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks an Albert for foles deal makes too much sense for both teams to happen?

Yes.

When do we ever see a team re-sign their top teir FA and immediately trade him? That would be seriously dirty to Albert. They wont do it.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: