Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs working on long-term deals with WR Bowe, OL Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks an Albert for foles deal makes too much sense for both teams to happen?

Yes. We already have Jason Peters and his contract. Adding Albert along with his payday would cost to much. If Philly were to add a OT why not go the cheap route with pick #4? There is a chance though the opposite happens and KC signs Albert , takes Star #1 and trades for Foles utilizing their 2nd. Seems like a high price for Foles but Having a QB both AR and Petterson are familiar with that knows the offense through and through. Paying the pipper makes sense. Especially if another player like Avant is added as well.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks an Albert for foles deal makes too much sense for both teams to happen?

Yes, the Chiefs would be making their team worse overall.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

Yes. We already have Jason Peters and his contract. Adding Albert along with his payday would cost to much. If Philly were to add a OT why not go the cheap route with pick #4? There is a chance though the opposite happens and KC signs Albert , takes Star #1 and trades for Foles utilizing their 2nd. Seems like a high price for Foles but Having a QB both AR and Petterson are familiar with that knows the offense through and through. Paying the pipper makes sense. Especially if another player like Avant is added as well.

I laughed at Foles for a 2nd. Not a snowballs chance in hell. You'll be lucky to get same round compensation. Yes, I know the FO in KC likes Foles, but trading #34 for him? Not a chance.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:

Albert is a FA.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I laughed at Foles for a 2nd. Not a snowballs chance in hell. You'll be lucky to get same round compensation. Yes, I know the FO in KC likes Foles, but trading #34 for him? Not a chance.

About time Andy is on the other end of a QB trade!

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for the Chiefs to be doing this. The question is do these guys want to come back to Kansas City?
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the Chiefs can retain Bowe.
Andy Reid wants to keep his #1 WR, not sure whats so suprising about that regardless of what happened in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
The rest of the league just scratched off 2 of the top tier free agents.

Just because the Chiefs are working to re-sign those guys, it doesn't mean that they will reach a deal with both or even one of them, although because they did show such a strong interest in bringing them back, you can assume one of them [probably Bowe] will get the tag.

Isn't the tag like 12 million? I doubt Bowe gets tagged...

I believe the tag for an OT is $15 million which I doubt even more they give that to Albert. I still think they lose out on one of them unless they tag them and give up that money.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Good for the Chiefs to be doing this. The question is do these guys want to come back to Kansas City?

They do. Both have said so pretty extensively, and both at times seemed fairly upset with how the old regime hadn't been approaching them about it.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

Bingo. Makes little sense for either team, actually.

- Chiefs might be "high" on Foles, but it isn't as if he's some elite talent that would warrent trading a highly valued LT to attain him. They'd be overpaying the Eagles for him if they were to do that. They can hit up Seattle or SF, get either Alex Smith or Matt Flynn for 1/5th that price.

- The Eagles have a lot of money tied up in Jason Peters, and even if they WERE interested in a LT, they can sit and take OT Luke Joeckel with the selection. The Eagles will be moving Foles, but the asking price won't be THAT high.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC should send a 2nd or 3rd for Mallet...guy is going to be one of the GOAT when all is said and done... Wink
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to answer a few criticisms

1- I know Albert js a fa but there are ways around that it you want to trade him.

2- I know the eagles have a lot invested in Peters which tells me they are paying a lot of money to a guy coming off two major injuries. Not to mention you could have Albert play rt (move herreman inside) which is smart considering the likely starter for the eagles is a southpaw.

3- there may have to be an exchange of picks somewhere as well but all I was thinking is that Philly could really use albert and foles doesn't look like a great fit for Kelly. And the chiefs obviously could use foles and take joeckel #1

I know it's a long shot because trades like this rarely happen - just musing.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY SOMETHING IN HERE FOR EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW THE CHIEFS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Albert have both expressed interest in staying in KC for the entire duration of their nfl careers.

BOWE-
Quote:
"Why wouldn't I want to stay here? It's a no-brainer for me,” Bowe told Adam Tiecher of the Kansas City Star, who reports he became emphatic about the topic when it came up. "I never said I didn't want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That's crazy to me.

"When I heard that, I was like, 'Where did that come from?' I never said I wanted out. Please clear that up for me. Do I play like I don't want to be here? I just keep my mouth closed and play the game. That's what I do. Please tell everybody to stop saying I'm a bad guy. I just don't talk (to the media much)."

ALBERT-
Quote:
“Of course,” Albert said, via Arrowhead Pride. “I’ve been here five years, I was drafted by the Chiefs. My home is there, been living there, and Chiefs fans for the most part have been kind to me. I want to be a Chief.”

These are just the 2 most recent quotes I pulled up. Follow them on Twitter, watch interviews with them. They like it in KC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected this to happen. Bowe and Albert are both very good players in this league, and KC would be smart to resign them.

Truthfully, I just think they are a QB away from being very competitive.

down but not out. I still believe!
bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
The rest of the league just scratched off 2 of the top tier free agents.

Just because the Chiefs are working to re-sign those guys, it doesn't mean that they will reach a deal with both or even one of them, although because they did show such a strong interest in bringing them back, you can assume one of them [probably Bowe] will get the tag.

I thought Bowe was tagged last year? No?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: