Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs working on long-term deals with WR Bowe, OL Albert
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38445
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Chiefs working on long-term deals with WR Bowe, OL Albert Reply with quote

Quote:
As I said on Total Access: #Chiefs are actively pursuing a long-term deal with WR Dwayne Bowe. They've met with his reps, want to keep him.


http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/302208419136417792

Bowe scored 15 TDs in 2010 when the Chiefs QB situation was stable, he is a big redzone weapon but will be 29-years old nest season and could be looking for a big deal.

***Update***
Quote:
More on #Chiefs: Along with Bowe, KC would also like OT Branden Albert back. They've talked with his reps, too. Yes, they can sign both.


http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/302229539734568960
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6426
Location: SC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news. Hopefully we can get a deal done and :

Step 2 : Get a deal done with left tackle randen Albert.
Step 3 : Cut Matt Cassel.
Step 4 : Cut Tyson Jackson.
Step 5 : Let free agency begin!
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 4128
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the numbers will look like or what he's asking for.
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38445
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
More on #Chiefs: Along with Bowe, KC would also like OT Branden Albert back. They've talked with his reps, too. Yes, they can sign both.


http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/302229539734568960
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5471
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of the league just scratched off 2 of the top tier free agents.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38445
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
The rest of the league just scratched off 2 of the top tier free agents.


Just because the Chiefs are working to re-sign those guys, it doesn't mean that they will reach a deal with both or even one of them, although because they did show such a strong interest in bringing them back, you can assume one of them [probably Bowe] will get the tag.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 10892
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
The rest of the league just scratched off 2 of the top tier free agents.


Just because the Chiefs are working to re-sign those guys, it doesn't mean that they will reach a deal with both or even one of them, although because they did show such a strong interest in bringing them back, you can assume one of them [probably Bowe] will get the tag.

Isn't the tag like 12 million? I doubt Bowe gets tagged...
_________________
Cham wrote:
You chief fans really want to see what your heart wants you to believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 7830
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for trying, Dorsey > Pioli.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5471
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
The rest of the league just scratched off 2 of the top tier free agents.


Just because the Chiefs are working to re-sign those guys, it doesn't mean that they will reach a deal with both or even one of them, although because they did show such a strong interest in bringing them back, you can assume one of them [probably Bowe] will get the tag.


I disagree. I see it that they both get long term deals while Colquitt get's tagged. Dorsey and Reid have already said they will be extremely selective via outside our teams FA so we will have the $ to sign all 3 + draft picks. Time will tell I guess doe.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShooterMcGavin


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 1396
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised to hear they're trying to bring back Bowe.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1959
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShooterMcGavin wrote:
Surprised to hear they're trying to bring back Bowe.


He is the only WR we have. Andy Reid loved him when he came out of college and fits the WCO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24285
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am Bowe I want out of KC. I thought it was a given he wouldn't be back.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrettFavre4


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 340
Location: Buffalo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShooterMcGavin wrote:
Surprised to hear they're trying to bring back Bowe.


You'd be surprised but Bowe said he wanted to retire as a Chief just after he shot down rumors that he wanted to be traded just a few months ago. Take it for what it's worth (the player could be lying just to shut up the media and cover himself up) but I wouldn't be surprised if Bowe really does want to stay.

Chiefs definitely would love to keep both players. Bowe's going to get paid no matter if he stays or goes. Someone's going to give him big money; the Chiefs really need to try their hardest to get him re-signed. Top WRs like him are extremely hard to come by and if they lose him odds are they won't be able to find another WR that comes close to replacing his production. They're weak at WR with Bowe. I suppose they still have Breaston and Baldwin but neither is going to give what Bowe does. I honestly think Bowe's the best out of the big four WRs who could hit the market. He's got great size, catching ability, and is always a threat in the end zone and his numbers with a bad QB have still been great.

Albert will get a good contract too although Jake Long and Ryan Clady could be out there as well. It's free agency though. Someone will pay him richly.

Whether the Chiefs can get one or both of these players re-signed is going to be a huge determination of who goes #1. If they manage to re-sign both I think it's definite they go with Smith barring trading down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22086
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShooterMcGavin wrote:
Surprised to hear they're trying to bring back Bowe.


I'm not. Just goes to show Andy Reid is finally learning from his mistakes with the Eagles. If you have a legit #1 WR on the roster, don't let him walk. Only way he does walk IMO is if he asked for insane money. Hard to pass 70% of the time with scrubs at the WR position. You need talent at WR to have any kind of success with his offense. Something he ignored (outside 04'/05') for his first decade in Philadelphia. For the Chiefs sake I hope he stays.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3068
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one who thinks an Albert for foles deal makes too much sense for both teams to happen?
_________________
Seahawks Adopt-A-Rookie
TE Luke Willson
http://www.nfl.com/player/lukewillson/2541199/profile
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group