Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yet another mock draft by DirtyJersey9er.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Yet another mock draft by DirtyJersey9er. Reply with quote

Trades:

Our 2nd rounder(pick 61) + Our 3rd rounder(pick 94) + Our 5th rounder(any of the 2) to Pittsburgh for the 48th pick in the draft(round 2)

Assuming the recent reports are true and we have a 3rd round comp too.

1: Matt Elam, S, Florida- We get both younger and better at Safety as at worst we won't have to worry about re-signing Whitner after this season.

2: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA- I feel 48 is the latest we will be able to get him before other teams jump on picking him and he becomes a fantastic replacement for Justin Smith.

3(from Car): Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall- We go even younger with a fantastic red zone receiver in Dobson.

3(comp): Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern: We are gauranteed to let Sopoaga or RJF go so serious depth and a potential starter is needed sorely.

4: Brandon Jenkins, OLB, FSU: One can never have too many pass rushers right guys?

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a big fan of Elam. I see his career playing out a lot like Whitner's, good in run support alright in coverage but usually getting beat out by bigger receivers or tight ends. Ifwe had a real hole at the SS position and didn't just want to upgrade from Whitner I'd like him a lot more.

I like the trade up for Datone. I see him as kind of a low ceiling low floor kinda guy. He's not gonna be JJ Watt, but he's got very low bust potential and should be a solid player.

The only other pick I don't like is Brandon Jenkins. Id rather grab a guy like Maponga or maybe Trevardo Williams.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all but your first pick. Not sold on the need for a S this high, or that he will be that good. Without totally disrupting your draft I'd be happy if I saw a really good corner in the first slot with a safety planned for later in the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
Im not a big fan of Elam. I see his career playing out a lot like Whitner's, good in run support alright in coverage but usually getting beat out by bigger receivers or tight ends. Ifwe had a real hole at the SS position and didn't just want to upgrade from Whitner I'd like him a lot more.

I like the trade up for Datone. I see him as kind of a low ceiling low floor kinda guy. He's not gonna be JJ Watt, but he's got very low bust potential and should be a solid player.

The only other pick I don't like is Brandon Jenkins. Id rather grab a guy like Maponga or maybe Trevardo Williams.

Jenkins is coming off an injury, but if he gets back to 100%, he has a chance to be great. He was thought of as a first rounder, at the beginning of the year.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

Jenkins is coming off an injury, but if he gets back to 100%, he has a chance to be great. He was thought of as a first rounder, at the beginning of the year.

I didnt even like him as sophmore when he led the ACC in sacks. He reminded me of a less athletic Everrett Brown. I just don't see him amounting to much.

rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

I didnt even like him as sophmore when he led the ACC in sacks. He reminded me of a less athletic Everrett Brown. I just don't see him amounting to much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVl1rFjCpM

It's weird, because he has an incredible burst and impressive closing speed, but he's just a little weird in between. But he's solid, doesn't get pushed around, disengages well, doesn't seem to overpursue and squares to the ball-carrier. If he returns to full strength, I feel some team is going to get a steal in the third. The combine will be huge for him, if he can show explosiveness.

Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVl1rFjCpM

It's weird, because he has an incredible burst and impressive closing speed, but he's just a little weird in between. But he's solid, doesn't get pushed around, disengages well, doesn't seem to overpursue and squares to the ball-carrier. If he returns to full strength, I feel some team is going to get a steal in the third. The combine will be huge for him, if he can show explosiveness.

Yeah, I've seen the highlights. Most of his sacks comes when he goes unblocked. He's just never been that impressive to me. He's not very stout at the point of attack and he doesn't flash that elite athleticism you'd expect from a guy so productive.

SquadraOvest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet another mock draft by DirtyJersey9er. Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

1: Matt Elam, S, Florida- We get both younger and better at Safety as at worst we won't have to worry about re-signing Whitner after this season.

I like Cyprien at this point a lot better than Elam. It will be interesting to see where they fall come draft day.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

2: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA- I feel 48 is the latest we will be able to get him before other teams jump on picking him and he becomes a fantastic replacement for Justin Smith.

Not only do I love Datone, but everyone else does too. We would be lucky to get him at #31 overall, let alone at this point in the 2nd round. He is a perfect 280 lb 3/4 DE prospect who plays the run and pass equally well and has a body type that would allow him to play at 300 lbs in a year or two. Let's just grab him at #31, and move back into the 2nd for our safety.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

3(comp): Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern: We are gauranteed to let Sopoaga or RJF go so serious depth and a potential starter is needed sorely.

Brandon Williams will be getting 1st round buzz by the end of the combine. We'd be lucky to get him with our own pick in the 2nd.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Datone has managed to hurdle Eifert and Floyd as my draft favorites. Could be a death sentence for him... but I hope not.

If this were our draft, DJ? I'd be very excited.. despite being "just okay" with Elam in the first.

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Datone has managed to hurdle Eifert and Floyd as my draft favorites. Could be a death sentence for him... but I hope not.

If this were our draft, DJ? I'd be very excited.. despite being "just okay" with Elam in the first.

Oh no, the Adarius Curse!!

oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Oh no, the Adarius Curse!!

yep... but that was probably a combo of oldie + y2 love that destroyed his NFL future. Laughing

... Mike Crabtree, Marcell Dareus, Robert Quinn, and B.J. Raji shook off the curse. That must count for sumthinz!

___

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: