Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Jennings: 'I wouldn't mind' joining Dolphins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Greg Jennings: 'I wouldn't mind' joining Dolphins Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138942/article/greg-jennings-i-wouldnt-mind-joining-dolphins

Quote:
Wide receiver Greg Jennings knows that his time in Green Bay is very likely coming to an end. He confirmed to NFL Network's Lindsay Rhodes that he put his house for sale recently, and he's ready for anything to happen in free agency.

That includes a reunion with Joe Philbin in Miami.

"I wouldn't mind that at all," Jennings said. "The weather's definitely nice. They have an up and coming quarterback."

Thoughts?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also said he could see himself play for "any of the 31 other teams".

Someone else on the board said it: Jennings to Miami makes almost too much sense for it to happen.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also said he wouldnt mind going to the vikings to play with peterson and to the 49ers to play with Kaep. At this point he is going to talk it up this is the last big contract he will ever recieve. The media always tries to connect the dots so they asked him and that was his answer. I am honestly not buying into this much. Sure he would like to but money talks
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Sun-Sentinel headline better:

Receiver Greg Jennings openly flirts with Miami Dolphins

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-receiver-greg-jennings-openly-flirts-with-miami-dolphins-20130214,0,644398.story

And on this, of all days....

Come to Miami.

Larry Little #66
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
He also said he could see himself play for "any of the 31 other teams".

Someone else on the board said it: Jennings to Miami makes almost too much sense for it to happen.
Kind of like matt flynn last year right?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he would mind playing for anyone for the right amount of $$$$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
I like the Sun-Sentinel headline better:

Receiver Greg Jennings openly flirts with Miami Dolphins

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-receiver-greg-jennings-openly-flirts-with-miami-dolphins-20130214,0,644398.story

And on this, of all days....

Come to Miami.

The title of the article is "Receiver Greg Jennings openly flirts with Miami Dolphins".

Here's how the article starts:

Quote:
Impending free agent receiver Greg Jennings openly flirted with the Dolphins, along with the league's 31 other teams during a conversation with the NFL Network on Wednesday.

ďItís a business. So itís pretty much whatever would be the right fit for myself as well as my family as far as living accommodations. Thatís where weíre going to end up,Ē said Jennings, who turns 30 in September. ďAll other 31 teams are an option when it comes to being able to have an occupation and play the game I love to play.Ē

Talk about misleading journalism.
Emerica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well obviously he's going to say he wouldn't mind playing with the 31 other teams, he's doesn't want to close any doors. Would be pretty dumb to say otherwise.

I personally think it's obvious he wants to be in Miami, not so sure about Ireland and co.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I hope were not setting the table for disappointment here.

He could turn around & bid himself right outta town.
I think Salguero broke it down to being 30 yrs old & injury riddled in 2012.

We'd still need to take full advantage & draft a rookie WR to learn from the such a great route runner &
smart guy within that system.

We shall see.
sug
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

I understand why they would sign Jennings, but I'm not sure its a wise way to spend the capital. As you pointed out Jennings has age and injury working against him. He also won't have as skilled a QB throwing to him in Miami as he did in GB, no disrespect to Tanney. And the talent around is clearly no where near as good as in GB. It's a very, VERY risky move.

If the Jennings signing happens, it tells me that Joe Philbin is running this team. I don't believe that Ireland, as a GM with no previous experience with Jennings, would spend a large chuck of change on a 30 year old, injury riddled WR coming off the worst season of his career. A much wiser long term response would be to find a younger, healthier option that can grow with Tannehill over a career.

Also, its worthy of consideration that signing Jennings leaves us with no real deep threat on the field...assuming we resign Hartline and pay him starter level money. My guess is that we'd be looking at TE's with crazy speed in the draft if that is the case. We have to have someone who will challenge defenses vertically and not adding one who is on the field on most plays would be a huge mistake in my opinion.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mercury22"][quote="SUG"]
[/quote]

I understand why they would sign Jennings, but I'm not sure its a wise way to spend the capital. As you pointed out Jennings has age and injury working against him. He also won't have as skilled a QB throwing to him in Miami as he did in GB, no disrespect to Tanney. And the talent around is clearly no where near as good as in GB. It's a very, VERY risky move.

If the Jennings signing happens, it tells me that Joe Philbin is running this team. I don't believe that Ireland, as a GM with no previous experience with Jennings, would spend a large chuck of change on a 30 year old, injury riddled WR coming off the worst season of his career. A much wiser long term response would be to find a younger, healthier option that can grow with Tannehill over a career.

Also, its worthy of consideration that signing Jennings leaves us with no real deep threat on the field...assuming we resign Hartline and pay him starter level money. My guess is that we'd be looking at TE's with crazy speed in the draft if that is the case. We have to have someone who will challenge defenses vertically and not adding one who is on the field on most plays would be a huge mistake in my opinion.[/quote]

You know thats a good point merc.
Acquiring Jennings doesnt necesarilly trsnslate into a "deep vertical" end all.
To me it screams a higher completion % & a great overall mentorship.
Acquiring Jennings might also give some insight as to where our "burnner WRs" stand with Philbin.

You also bring up th issue of: "if we go with Wallace" (my preference) then absolutely a 1st or 2A drft pk should be a TE,, no if's ands or buts about it.
We havent drafted a high TE since the days of #13 for the love of Jobe !!!

sug
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year we have that player who is going to come in through FA and help our team and I know for the last 3-4 years the "player to be" never makes it.

2010- Harper (Safety) re0signed with Saints
2011- Manning/ Flynn (QB) Broncos/ Seahawks
2012- Wallace/ Jennings (WR) thoguhts- Wallace to Bengals, Jennings to Chargers.

Every year we are let down, and we sign players for depth, Dansby was last Big FA we signed (i think)

So when he signs ill believe it...

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats Week-Cool
60.8% CMP - 1133 yards -8 TD's - 5 INT's - 81.2 Rat
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Every year we have that player who is going to come in through FA and help our team and I know for the last 3-4 years the "player to be" never makes it.

2010- Harper (Safety) re0signed with Saints
2011- Manning/ Flynn (QB) Broncos/ Seahawks
2012- Wallace/ Jennings (WR) thoguhts- Wallace to Bengals, Jennings to Chargers.

Every year we are let down, and we sign players for depth, Dansby was last Big FA we signed (i think)

So when he signs ill believe it...

Another good point Dolphinemidget !
That probably has a lot to do with the fact we havent put back to back high quality Off since Marino left. and as a result wete desparate for that elite player yr in & out.

(It's probably well know throughout the league that Mia should be the first stop for every vet FA.)

And to me that right there is final nail in Irelands coffin.
The inability to identify & acquire the necesary playmaking/GM changers on Off via the draft.

sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be disapointed at all if we do not sign a WR in free agency. The only guy I want is wallace and we will have to over pay to get him. I would however be upset if we didnt draft 2 playmakers with in our first 4 picks
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I will not be disapointed at all if we do not sign a WR in free agency. The only guy I want is wallace and we will have to over pay to get him. I would however be upset if we didnt draft 2 playmakers with in our first 4 picks

I am quite confident that Philbin will have added at least 2 Playmakers by draft or FA.

If anyone understands the value of a multifaceted aerial attack it's Joe Philbin.
It's just a question of whom & how much. Personally I'd prefer Wallace over Jennings from
a youth & dynamics standpoint.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if he's willing come and be a guy who "can handle not being #1". Can he accept that the philosophy is "ball distribution"...?

See that's the thing, Jennings is mature & understands what the expectation is given how the Off works.

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: