Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are Browns fans excited about Norv Turner?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you glad Turner's in Cleveland
Yes, his history shows he will help.
73%
 73%  [ 28 ]
No, his history as a head coach shows he's no good.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Stop, collaborate, and listen
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 38

Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Are Browns fans excited about Norv Turner? Reply with quote

Just curious as to what Browns fans think about Turner coming to Cleveland? I wondered where he would land this offseason and this article says he's a perfect fit. What do you guys think? He does seem more suited to be an offensive coordinator, but man he's no good as a head coach.

http://voices.yahoo.com/cleveland-browns-norv-turner-2013s-perfect-match-12007407.html?cat=9
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked Turner as a play caller. I do think he was a little stubborn last season with San Diego, though. He continued to call long-developing plays that put the onus on the Chargers' O-line, and the Chargers clearly didn't have the horses on the line to pull it off. In Turner's defense, Rivers left plenty of yards on the field, and their WR/TE/RB underperformed. But I still would've liked to see him adapt his plan of attack a little more than he did.

Overall, I agree with the article and think that our personnel is a good fit for Turner's playcalling preferences. Strong O-line (especially in pass pro), bell cow RB, QB who can make all the throws (he needs work obv), and big physical WR's who are long but also can block. The big missing piece for us is TE, and I expect us to remedy that during the offseason.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
I've always liked Turner as a play caller. I do think he was a little stubborn last season with San Diego, though. He continued to call long-developing plays that put the onus on the Chargers' O-line, and the Chargers clearly didn't have the horses on the line to pull it off. In Turner's defense, Rivers left plenty of yards on the field, and their WR/TE/RB underperformed. But I still would've liked to see him adapt his plan of attack a little more than he did.

Overall, I agree with the article and think that our personnel is a good fit for Turner's playcalling preferences. Strong O-line (especially in pass pro), bell cow RB, QB who can make all the throws (he needs work obv), and big physical WR's who are long but also can block. The big missing piece for us is TE, and I expect us to remedy that during the offseason.

Is Ben Watson gone?

And I wonder if the Turner/Alex Smith connection means the Browns give Smith a look?
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanilla_Ice wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Is Ben Watson gone?

And I wonder if the Turner/Alex Smith connection means the Browns give Smith a look?

Watson is a FA. He might be back, but I doubt it. He's too injury prone, imo.

As far as Alex Smith, there is history with Norv, and Norv helped him turn his career around. There have been a few threads in our forum, and it seems a lot of us are split on bringing in Alex Smith. Some see him as an immediate upgrade to Weeden, and others don't want him. I personally don't see the attraction to Alex Smith and would prefer giving Weeden a year under Norv/Chud, especially since the FA and draft options are pretty lousy.

There are definitely those in our forum that would like to bring in Alex Smith, but I'm not one of them.

Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Is Ben Watson gone?

As far as Alex Smith, there is history with Norv, and Norv helped him turn his career around. There have been a few threads in our forum, and it seems a lot of us are split on bringing in Alex Smith. Some see him as an immediate upgrade to Weeden, and others don't want him. I personally don't see the attraction to Alex Smith and would prefer giving Weeden a year under Norv/Chud, especially since the FA and draft options are pretty lousy.

There are definitely those in our forum that would like to bring in Alex Smith, but I'm not one of them.

I was surprised to see Smith was still a year younger than Weeden. Seems like he should be 35 years old, not 28.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Is Ben Watson gone?

With all that being said. If right now you could go out & sign a QB who just through 70% completions & has 5 full seaons starting Not to mention slightly younger.

I love the potential Weeden has specifially with Turner-Chud. How ever if I can acquire Alex Smith for around 700pts in picks - trades I would do it all day long.

Trade them Owen Marcic & Colt mcCoy #6 "1600" for 31 "600" & 61 "276" & Alex Smith @ $10mill.

Alex Smith in a Browns uni would remind me of Brian Sipe Wink
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Is Ben Watson gone?

With all that being said. If right now you could go out & sign a QB who just through 70% completions & has 5 full seaons starting Not to mention slightly younger.

I love the potential Weeden has specifially with Turner-Chud. How ever if I can acquire Alex Smith for around 700pts in picks - trades I would do it all day long.

Trade them Owen Marcic & Colt mcCoy #6 "1600" for 31 "600" & 61 "276" & Alex Smith @ $10mill.

I can't see SF trading for a FB and backup QB.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanilla_Ice wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Is Ben Watson gone?

Marcic played for STanford & getting Colt tleast gives SF a reasonable back up replacement for Kap if he goes down. The real trade is in the movin up to #6 & us going down t the end of 1st.

I can see several players many people like being arond at 31.
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Is Ben Watson gone?

Marcic played for STanford & getting Colt tleast gives SF a reasonable back up replacement for Kap if he goes down. The real trade is in the movin up to #6 & us going down t the end of 1st.

I can see several players many people like being arond at 31.

Don't 49ers have a pretty good FB? And I think they'd probably bring in a vet to compete with their 3rd stringer. Who knows though, didn't realize Marcic was from Stanford.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

need a "cautiously optimistic" option in this poll...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
need a "cautiously optimistic" option in this poll...

This is exactly how I feel.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will a mod add a Third option to the poll....

"stop collaborate and listen"
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:

Solid idea.

Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:

Solid idea.

Word to your mother!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:

Solid idea.

Back to number ONE you go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: