Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peter Konz moving to Center?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Peter Konz moving to Center? Reply with quote

Tony Pauline says so per Rotoworld. He says our coaches realized he was a liability at RG although he was our best option there. They think he will "thrive" at C according to Pauline.

I like the move and hope it happens. I know many have speculated this for a while, but this was the first proof I found of it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Peter Konz moving to Center? Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Tony Pauline says so per Rotoworld. He says our coaches realized he was a liability at RG although he was our best option there. They think he will "thrive" at C according to Pauline.

I like the move and hope it happens. I know many have speculated this for a while, but this was the first proof I found of it.

That is what he was drafted for. McClure may be even more a liability at Center than Konz was at RG. We need to draft a real RG and let McClure retire. Konz will workout great at Center.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Peter Konz moving to Center? Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

That is what he was drafted for. McClure may be even more a liability at Center than Konz was at RG. We need to draft a real RG and let McClure retire. Konz will workout great at Center.

Ehhh. McClure played well. Look at what Saturday did at a similar age, he started for half the games and then said he couldn't take it anymore and let Dietrich-Smith (sp?) take over. McClure/Konz was better than Konz/anyone last year

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say resign McClure one more year. Let him back Konz up and if he fails throw McClure back in.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pauline works for the eagles. take everything he says about other teams with a grain of salt.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
I say resign McClure one more year. Let him back Konz up and if he fails throw McClure back in.

I'd like this. McClure gets some extra spending $ and we get a guy to coach up some of our newer OL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Pauline works for the eagles. take everything he says about other teams with a grain of salt.

That's why I posed the thread as a question. Rotoworld said he was a draft insider or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Warford come on down...

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's what I've been saying all along. Konz's best position is center. Move him there and draft a guard early. It's time to get the running game back on track and it all starts up front.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best center in the draft last year. We don't need reinvent the wheel... keep Konz at his natural position and move him back to center. Draft a guard this year.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
It's what I've been saying all along. Konz's best position is center. Move him there and draft a guard early. It's time to get the running game back on track and it all starts up front.

It's just that simple and im pretty sure it's exactly what will happen. We all know Hawley is just good depth and thats about it after watching him last year. Good depth is not a bad thing though it def. makes hawley useful.

Konz at Center and a new RG is the way to go imo.

I wouldn't even be against a guy like Barret Jones if he fell to us early.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW guys, scout I've talked to (with ATL) have said that Konz is staying at RG this year and Hawley is the future at C.

Robust Perry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... we'll know in April what their plan is and how serious they are about Konz and either position. I like Konz at C and a newly drafted G in the Second Round (after the best DE prospect in the first).
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:
Well... we'll know in April what their plan is and how serious they are about Konz and either position. I like Konz at C and a newly drafted G in the Second Round (after the best DE prospect in the first).
they like Hawley at C and Konz at G... I realize y'all may not like it, but if they go with OL it will be late and for depth.

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Robust Perry wrote:
they like Hawley at C and Konz at G... I realize y'all may not like it, but if they go with OL it will be late and for depth.

I don't want OL early. I want DE then TE/RB/DT in the next 3 rounds in no order. Wouldn't mind getting 2 DEs in the top 3 rounds either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: