Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Ravens #4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

#4 Greatest Raven of All Time
Terrell Suggs
62%
 62%  [ 20 ]
Peter Boulware
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Joe Flacco
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Haloti Ngata
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Jamal Lewis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ray Rice
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Todd Heap
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Matt Stover
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Derrick Mason
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Chris McAllister
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sizzle

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears that Sizzle is running away with this one. I'll give it 24 hours and post the next one tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't even have to ask me this question. Laughing

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Ngata have 0 votes? If this based on what they've done, I guess Suggs' 3 extra years give him an edge, but Ngata is a (slightly) better player.

I voted Suggs based on the prior assumption.
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggs by far.
StevenV32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I voted I seriously thought this would be a toss up between Stover and Heap, that being because of how loved they were in their time in Baltimore. I flipped a coin and chose Stover. To my surprise I was the only vote for Stover and one other person chose Heap. Am I missing something or is Suggs really just land slide better than Stover and Heap?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenV32 wrote:
Before I voted I seriously thought this would be a toss up between Stover and Heap, that being because of how loved they were in their time in Baltimore. I flipped a coin and chose Stover. To my surprise I was the only vote for Stover and one other person chose Heap. Am I missing something or is Suggs really just land slide better than Stover and Heap?

Plays a more important position and makes a greater impact on the game than both players. Heap also had far too many durability concerns throughout his career... he couldn't stay on the field.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
How does Ngata have 0 votes? If this based on what they've done, I guess Suggs' 3 extra years give him an edge, but Ngata is a (slightly) better player.

I voted Suggs based on the prior assumption.

He doesn't have many votes because while he's been dominant, he's only put together one truly dominant season throughout. His dominance in the past couple of seasons has been dominance mixed in with only 'good'performances because his durability concerns have rocked his ability to play at a high level.

Also we were a far better defense with Suggs back and Ngata out than the opposite. Our defense really took off when Suggs came back and provided that dominating edge setting quality. There were many times to start this season that Ngata tried doing too much and our defense suffered because of it. He's been blown off the ball on occasion as well... 2012 was IMO a bigger disappointment for Ngata than for Suggs. And if Ngata makes a history out of these durability issues than his legacy is only going to be further affected. Suggs was largely durable throughout his entire Ravens career until this current season. He's been our best pass rusher, our best run setter, and earlier in his career when we used him in that capacity- our best coverage LBer. Durability plays a big part in this conversation and Ngata just isn't someone that I trust in comparison to these other guys. His career also started off a little slow in comparison to these other guys.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
StevenV32 wrote:

Plays a more important position and makes a greater impact on the game than both players. Heap also had far too many durability concerns throughout his career... he couldn't stay on the field.

Speaking of Heap, it's kind of unfortunate that he's the only real Ravens star player (thinking guys drafted 1st round, long-term deal, probowls/all-pros; i.e. Ray, Peter, Ed, Haloti, etc.) to not have a SB ring. Jamal from the year before him has one and Ed from the year after him has one. I would have loved to see us put him on the roster going into the playoffs as our #3 TE, but maybe he just wasn't there physically.

Definitely a ring of honor guy, though, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: