Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alec Olgetree
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
@ OP, I know ecactly what Jebrick wrote. Everyone feels it will take players 2-3 years to develop but nany young guys hit the nfl hard. I will get some games from youtube and we can openly discuss what we see. It is challenging but then we can all get a better feeling about some of these guys. May do it on the 16th or 17th. When I think about it, Tree is a similar prospect as Kuechly, minus the experience and they are similar in size also.

Argh!! Kuechly is a super read and react LB with limited athletic talents.

Not a Kuechly thread I know, but I disagree with the bolded.

The combine is not the only determining criteria but, here's Kuechly:

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Luke&l=Kuechly&i=8704

(Broadjump should read 123 inches)

Here's Patrick Willis:

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Patrick&l=Willis&i=7838

Does Willis have limited athletic skills also then?

He finished his rookie year with 12 TFL's which is more than guys like Bowman, Timmons, Dansby, and Willis...it's also 1st amongst 43 MIKE's. He finished 7th amongst LB's in passes defensed. He finished 1st in combined tackles, 2nd in fumble recoveries amongst LB's, and forced 2 fumbles which seems about league average for interior backers.

For a rook playing in the 43 MIKE role, even fully discounting the meaningfulness of the tackle numbers, I just don't see anything that says limited athletic ability.

Sorry for the highjack.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat, he started at WLB and due to injuries, was moved to Mike. He suprised me but he still some issues which remind me of Tree.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Treat, he started at WLB and due to injuries, was moved to Mike. He suprised me but he still some issues which remind me of Tree.

He also was only a part of the base defense early on. He sat in subpackages.

He took over the 3 down MIKE role in Week 5.

Those two variables actually, to me, make the numbers he put up even more impressive.

What issues do you see?

By the end of his rookie season, IMHO, he was as consistently dominant a LB as there was in the league with only Daryl Washington and Lavonte David as his company.

He has to repeat his performance for a couple of years to rank amongst the big boys of the NFL LB world, but I don't see anything about his career arc that isn't pointing that direction, including any supposed limitations on his athletic ability.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over pursuit ad making most of his tackles beyond 5 yards. This was my main arguement last year.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being charged with DUI i wouod be pissed if Pittsburgh drafted him. Id be shocked if he even gets drafted in the first round now.
popie70

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
After being charged with DUI i wouod be pissed if Pittsburgh drafted him. Id be shocked if he even gets drafted in the first round now.

Yeah I think he is off the Steelers boards. But I still see him as a late 1st guy, early 2nd at the latest.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/georgia-alec-ogletree-steelers-draft-board-dui-arrest/

You called it.

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/georgia-alec-ogletree-steelers-draft-board-dui-arrest/

You called it.

Good.

Didnt want him anyway.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
steelers75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

wouldnt touch him now.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

You called it.

Really glad I was likely right on this(doubt I was the only one thinking it anyway). I didnt know much about Ogletree when I made this thread, since then, thanks to a lot of really good conversation, Ive learned quite a bit about him...but today I learned all I need to know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: