Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rey Maualuga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Rey Maualuga Reply with quote

Peter King wrote the following in his Monday Morning Quarterback article.
Quote:
I don't sense Baltimore is too concerned about replacing Ray Lewis on the field. The Ravens have to re-sign Ellerbe, and thinking back to how much the Ravens liked Rey Maualuga on draft day 2009, it wouldn't surprise me if they went after him in middle-class free agency after the initial rush

It seems to me that Maualuga was always destined to bust in a 43 but could be an excellent role as the Ted or Jack, whatever the Ravens call it, linebacker for us. What are your thoughts on Maualuga? Assuming he's cheap and disciplined, I think it could be a good signing.
mcdni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what happens with Ellerbe I think. Rey isn't great in coverage and doesn't offer much more than what Ellerbe would offer. It will probably come down to $$$. Right player, right price.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ellerbe gets too expensive, I'm all for it.

He'll be cheap, and hes a solid 2 down LB. Definitely an upgrade from McClain.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
It depends on what happens with Ellerbe I think. Rey isn't great in coverage and doesn't offer much more than what Ellerbe would offer. It will probably come down to $$$. Right player, right price.

Yeah that's my standing on Maualuga too. I wouldn't want him next to Ellerbe but he could be a decent (and cheaper) replacement. Bengals fan aren't high on him at all though and he hasn't really done anything to show he has any sort of breakout talent. That worries me a bit.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no.

Maualuga is garbage. He can't cover, over pursues and can't get off the block to save his life. To say he's better than McClain is such a joke. I don't think people here have seen him play. All he was famous for coming out was making big hits. He hasn't done anything in Cincinnati to earn a "mid-level contract." More like the bare minimum.

If he takes bare minimum, then yes...lets see what he can offer in camp. But I don't think he'll ever be great...nor good.

The only thing we'll be getting is a guy with nice pretty hair. Just no.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. I think any idea from PK is idiotic at the moment, no matter how much I may be willing to discuss it in other contexts.

The guy is pretty perturbed about the Ravens winning the SB. Hiss MMQB 10 thnigs i think was 30% dedicated to Cary Williams shoving the official. The headline premise of the article was the Browns stealing Joe Flacco. His MMQBTM mailbag was an excuse parade of why the 49'ers didn't win it (including a part where he says CK would have run one in, if only Jim hadn't called a timeout [you know, when the clock had/was expiring]).

Screw him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rey Maualuga is just a slighty better (and 10x more expensive) Jameel McClain. I'd rather us just sign McClain than go after Rey.

But I just cannot see this team parting ways with Ellerbe. He's too damn good and if we part with Ellerbe, Kruger AND Cary, that's just insane to me.

This offseason will be interesting for sure.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: